Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hell no. And for the people that think I should reevaluate my life? I have been playing this game since it's creation. I'm a stay at home mom so I have no career at present and this is basically the only hobby I have, as it's the one thing I can hide and keep safe from my two toddlers. I used to be an avid reader, and was into drawing and puzzles. With two very young kids I have had to put all of that away locked in a room so they can't tear up the books and chew on the puzzles. One day I plan to pull out those hobbies again but for right now, 25k is very little compared to my personal relaxation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it's an offer few could refuse unless they were rich... but it better come with an option to transfer my two mains elsewhere, the game I could stop, but it's those two I'd feel bad leaving behind.

yeah, i only play two or three hours a week anyways so of course i would. if you asked me any time before mop, i probably would have said the same answer, but would have had to think about it at least.

Deleted
    That's far from enough, it won't last you long enough. Make it a couple of millions, minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's to stop me from starting up again after I get the money?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's inevitable.

in a heart beat
    blah blah blah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    Am I the only one who wouldn't?
    No your not.

I dont Think i'd be as happy.

Money cant buy happiness!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

$25,000?

Well - With how the game's heading right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'm currently sitting on a point where I'll never have to worry about money. 25k is an amount I'd laugh away instantly.

You bet I would! my sub is currently cancelled and due to run out in a couple of weeks so if someone were dumb enough to pay me to quit I'd take the money and run. Plenty of other fun games out there to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

I was also thinking the exact same thing xD

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Definatly, hell if any of you want to do it for 5 that'd be fine too.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Lets say someone offers $25,000 or higher for you to permanently quit WoW. You would not be able to say goodbye to your guild, friends etc. Just get the check and your account will be terminated. I would most certainly no questions asked. Would you?
    In a heartbeat. I would even delete my entire account for the same sum.
    25000 dollars is a lot of money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Nope, I'm currently sitting on a point where I'll never have to worry about money. 25k is an amount I'd laugh away instantly.
    Could you send me 25k? Heck, send me 10k.
    My financial situation is absolutely horrendous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Really? Shit, how can anyone make ends meet on $25k a year?
    An entry level position in my state pays 8.25/hr. At full time, before taxes, without overtime, its under 18k/yr.
    A studio apartment is around $450/mo, with some utilities.
    It's doable, but you'll have very very little to spare.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say someone offers $25,000 or higher for you to permanently quit WoW. You would not be able to say goodbye to your guild, friends etc. Just get the check and your account will be terminated. I would most certainly no questions asked. Would you?
    Today: Yes I would quit for $25,000... I would quit for a hell of a lot less than that. The thing is.. there's not many real friends left that even log on or play the game. My guild is a casual/social guild with 1,000 people (has been since Cataclysm) and is always silent.

No one talks
    No one wants to raid
    No one wants to do anything

In Cataclysm, I couldn't get them to shut up, every guild challenge was done every week, people were doing normals on a regular basis, but now.. it's just crickets.. despite 40-50 people being on 24/7.

In Wotlk/Cata, it would have been a little harder for me to quit because I had a strong passion and urge to play this game. Plus, my guild made it one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had in an online community. Sure, at times it kind of reminded you of 4chan, but it was funny, there was never a dull moment and there were always things to do.

Now though, it's just silent. No one does anything or has any desire to do anything. Any friends I've made from the Burning Crusade/Wotlk era refuse to come back to play this game. The only people I still vaguely know or remember from Cataclysm log on, do their weekly quest, do LFR wings then they log out for the week. They might hop on an alt, but the majority of them play other games until Tuesday. A couple of my guildies only sub just to do the LFR wings to progress the Legendary RNG Quest Line. Some of them were done fast and some of them are having horrible RNG luck.

So for $25,000.. yes.. no questions asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    $25,000? lol give me $300 and we have a deal

Deleted
    I quit for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, why would I quit something I actually still enjoy quite a lot. For a rather low amount of money ?

Deleted
    No. I wouldn't have anything else to play. If he paid me when Wildstar and TESO would be out, then yeah, sure.

Yes I would for $25,000.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data