Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resignation Letter

How's this for a resignation letter? Tempted to put a "Go fuck yourself and your job" in it somewhere but probably wouldn't be the best idea.

Dear xxx

I am writing to inform you that I am resigning from my position as xxx at xxx. I will fulfil my four weeks’ notice meaning my last shift will be on Thursday the 8th August.

After nearly two years I feel it’s time to move on. I have appreciated my time here and feel like I've developed numerous career skills that will aid my future job prospects.

Thank you for your professionalism and I wish you the very best of luck in the future.

Yours Sincerely
    xxx

Deleted
    Get rid of the professionalism part. It makes you sound snarky/sarcastic.

Deleted
    looks fine

i wrote a similar one 2 years ago - just be very factual, professional and short. dont have to make a meal over it. It's only for HR purposes and noone will actually ever read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds acceptable to me. As long as you're not a jerk about it, you'll be fine.

If you want to be a bit hostile, but still don't wanna get branded as an idiot, replace "Yours Sincerely" with "Retards"

Y'know, "t" and "g" is really close to eachother on the keyboard!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If "go fuck yourself and your job" is on your mind. Then this is sufficient I would say.

Deleted
    Looks fine to me, never put down anything in writing that will haunt you later in life, this includes telling a boss to go fuck himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    If you want to be a bit hostile, but still don't wanna get branded as an idiot, replace "Yours Sincerely" with "Retards"

Y'know, "t" and "g" is really close to eachother on the keyboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyazo View Post
    If "go fuck yourself and your job" is on your mind. Then this is sufficient I would say.
    Don't listen to either of these guys. Never burn your bridges.

I'd take out the "professionalism" part. Just say "thank you for the opportunities here". You don't need to wish them luck, they need to wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Looks fine to me, never put down anything in writing that will haunt you later in life, this includes telling a boss to go fuck himself.
    Of course I wouldn't do that. I was just tempted. Burning bridges is a bad thing especially when it comes to jobs.

It's good, short and simple. I mean you could add/change this part to say

Before: "After nearly two years I feel it’s time to move on"

"I have found a position better suited for my skill set and future plans."

It makes it seem like more of a "i found a better job that actually appreciates my skills" ect.

Deleted
    pls don't leave Chelsea ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    It's good, short and simple. I mean you could add/change this part to say

Before: "After nearly two years I feel it’s time to move on"

"I have found a position better suited for my skill set and future plans."

It makes it seem like more of a "i found a better job that actually appreciates my skills" ect.
    Well I'm going travelling so it's not really true. I intend to join the RAF when I get back though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agoraphobic View Post
    pls don't leave Chelsea ;_;
    I would never turn my back on my beloved Chelsea. I'll probably get a contract extension next season now Mourinho is back

10+ Year Old Account
    You could always go for total minimalism.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    and feel like I've developed
    I know it's a resignation letter, and no one actually cares. You should remove the word 'Like' as no one truly enjoys that word and it looks stupid. I don't care though, I use it all the time. I try to avoid it for business matter though.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    Well I'm going travelling so it's not really true. I intend to join the RAF when I get back though.

- - - Updated - - -

I would never turn my back on my beloved Chelsea. I'll probably get a contract extension next season now Mourinho is back
    I hope you have already applied, waiting time for the RAF is up to 2 years for many roles.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I hope you have already applied, waiting time for the RAF is up to 2 years for many roles.
    I've enquired and a chat with a rep at my local RAF careers office. I plan to go into Air Traffic Control. I know the waiting time is fairly long but I didn't want to risk applying and getting a date while I'm away.

Deleted
    I've enquired and a chat with a rep at my local RAF careers office. I plan to go into Air Traffic Control. I know the waiting time is fairly long but I didn't want to risk applying and getting a date while I'm away.
    Start the process now, the medicals, interviews and other tests can take months to complete, if you delay it to go traveling you may never get in. Especially considering that ATC is highly sought after and over subscribed, you miss one slot and you pretty much have to start from scratch. I said that it can take up to 2 years to get in, that was being generous when it comes to ATC since everyone wants it but they have so few slots.

A minor thing, but don't use "it's", always write full words: "it is".

Good luck with your future!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    A minor thing, but don't use "it's", always write full words: "it is".

Good luck with your future!
    dont want to sound "picky", but why? (and it's "do not" :P)

Edit: to the first part, not the "good luck with your future!" part

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    dont want to sound "picky", but why?

Edit: to the first part, not the "good luck with your future!" part
    It's to do with not using abbreviations whilst writing formal letters/reports.