Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    We have Sprint for that. You can safely eat some hits with Feint rolling too if you fuck up. Also, the Icy Torrent doesn't target melee and Cinders are usually dispelled immediately. Their hitbox is huge, so there are plenty of safe places to put it/stand afterwards.

BoS is a crutch (at best) and a DPS loss.
    there are situations where it's useful though. I use it on the treasure scenario, becaus ShS is useless there, and 70% speed with perma uptime is mega OP there. and if you have a situation where you need to have high speed more than 8 seconds every 1 minute, BoS is also useful. I mean, on the second boss of HoF, having permanent 70% speed boost can really help, and it also helps for getting to unseen strike targets faster.

and even if you dismiss those examples as irrelevant content, You can never be certain that we're not going to see another boss like that. I think that there will be a boss in SoO where BoS is preferred over ShS, or where you at least got the energy to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    there are situations where it's useful though. I use it on the treasure scenario, becaus ShS is useless there, and 70% speed with perma uptime is mega OP there. and if you have a situation where you need to have high speed more than 8 seconds every 1 minute, BoS is also useful. I mean, on the second boss of HoF, having permanent 70% speed boost can really help, and it also helps for getting to unseen strike targets faster.

and even if you dismiss those examples as irrelevant content, You can never be certain that we're not going to see another boss like that. I think that there will be a boss in SoO where BoS is preferred over ShS, or where you at least got the energy to use it.
    I'm not denying that it can be useful. I run it in that Scenario too, and I used it while leveling.

For the second boss in HoF, we had a druid with Roar and during p2 Roar+Sprint got you in ShS range of the boss. BoS wasn't useful on any other part if you paid attention and had a proper strat. If you didn't have a druid or sufficient warlocks, BoS might be better; however, ShS got you back on the boss immediately after the Unseen Strike knockback, resulting in more free uptime. I'm not sure which one would actually give more uptime.

From all the SoO testing I've done/seen so far, none of the fights make BoS more useful than ShS.

You can make the argument for Jin'Rokh heroic, so you can avoid the lightning storm orbs more easily. and for Megaera to get back quickly after dropping cinders or kiting the beam.
    Like Squirl said, I save sprint for when I know I cannot dodge all the incoming balls without a movement speed buff. But even if sprint was down, you could probably eat 3-4 balls with feint up and still be fine as long as you either get heals or remember to pop health stone. As for Megaera, I don't think melee are able to get the beam unless you don't have enough ranged DPS. As for the Cinder debuff, I usually just cloak it off / get dispelled and continue DPSing.

Next patch, BoS is only going to cost 15 energy so it MIGHT be a little more attractive but as a DPS with a min/max mindset, I still prefer Shadowstep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please steer the conversation off BoS vs. Shadowstep. If you're interested in discussing it, you're welcome to make a thread for discussing possible uses next tier. This, however, is about issues that might exist with 1 particular rogue, and if anything's worth taking up half the conversation, it's NOT burst of speed and shadowstep.

It's either clutter or really in-depth information that hardly matters; no offense, but the difference will always be minor compared to, say, not using anticipation, or losing SnD uptime - with the sole exception of the way Squirl originally brought it up; if someone is OVER-using BoS, they are garnering a signifcant DPS loss, but then, the question isn't which talent they picked, but why they're burning so much energy.