[BM] Heroic Megaera (10 man)

What tank strats are people going with for H megs?

not too many guide videos up, but vox suggests one tank for both heads up, taking both breaths but the green head just free casting on the raid, and the other tank dedicated to adds after building threat on green to start with (for the other tank to taunt off at the first rampage).

so, i'm most likely to have a warrior as my co-tank. i generally alternate with the pally for raid nights.

between ourselves and warriors, is there a clear obvious choice for head tanking?
    i think if it comes down to ability - he probably is better than me. he has raid lead experience and can even call while tanking - i can never manage that...

Head tank:
    i'm guessing it's just the same as our normal mode except e.g. guard will get eaten much quicker so far more important to time it mid-breath, diffuse magic and zen med would be pro, FB less so and would probably struggle to stay up with only FB. (could probably use avert harm to convert some more to stagger?). potions have no effect so couldn't be used as a CD - i use the armour pot as such on other fights. otherwise EB is pro as usual for the melee damage.

Adds tank:
    Sounds like RoP works as they are non-bosses, so using that once they're bunched up. i assume it's just pick them all up then shift them to the melee group? is it better to run and grab them or to use dizzying haze to pull them (as i assume speed of pick up is a priority)?

Talents- DM seems obvious - and i'd take ascension over my normal power strikes if i was add tanking (hell, probably either way for more EH).
    is chi torpedo/celerity a good idea for rampages? i assume the damage is insane.
    RoP seems best for that tier and cast on add tank.

Is avert harm insta death if you use during rampage stack?
    Is glyphed guard for add tank still better?

if people are tanking other ways - that'd also be good to hear.

Will be tanking this in 2 night's time if they don't kill it tomorrow night.

oh and is consorts easier than this?

Head tanking: You will surely have to swap. If you get a breath ~5 seconds before the death of the head debuff won't reset on time. That said, try tanking as many heads that will get killed as possible, as BrM DPS is higher than warr DPS.

On breaths... Just eat the first one as-is and guard the second one. On the last 3 heads you'll want to guard the first one and diffuse / zenmed / difusse the seconds. If you are getting 3 breaths consider another boss.

Add tanking: Dizzing haze them, RoP them, SCK them. On our kill every single DPS ignored adds, as i was more than able to keep them on check (while tanking heads). They melee for almost nothing and their spike hits a random target, so picking them up ASAP is not that important, be careful tho, if allowed to cast supression they will stun someone. If that "someone" is a healer during a rampage you will surely wipe.

Talents: You are right on DM and ascension, hard to miss there tho. Chi torpedo is nice to have, even more considering xuen tends to bug a lot, at least for me, so free healing is free. Consider grabbing 3 rolls for more torpedo spam during rampages.

Avert harm is perfectly fine to use, just be ready to expel and/or purify as needed. Usually it's a good idea if you don't have stacks from arcane/venom heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Did it last night with a prot pally.

He solo tanked most of it with me on the adds. I only took the green head when his stacks didn't drop.

Talents I took:
    - Celerity (combined with Chi Torpedo to help out during rampages)
    - Zen Sphere (put one on the pally tanking and whomever is the stack point for ranged)
    - Ascension
    - Ring of Peace for the adds
    - Diffuse Magic
    - Chi Torpedo

Used Enduring Healing Sphere for the other tank, and then myself when I have to take a head.

We had more trouble with this than Consorts and Durumu. Consorts is basically managing Suen's stacks and having cooldown rotations during Inferno for our group. Durumu is pretty much killing Ice Walls in a timely fashion.

We 2 tank it with a ret pally picking up the adds.(i ring the pally on every head death)
    Do not worry about healing(Chi Torpedo). Head damage is much more important.
    Glyph Guard, DM, Zen Med and FB for breaths.
    I use avert harm for 3rd and 6th stack
    GG