Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Personally I would rank SGU above both SG1 and SGA.
    You're entitled to your opinion! thats for sure but i highly disagree. The SGU characters were so bland, i couldn't connect with any of them which made the storys harder to get behind. The romance side seemed forced and that liutenant and dr / captain love story was so contrived and forced.

The thing that SG1 and Atlantis had was teams that felt like teams. The characters interactions were fun to watch and the planets they traveled to had interesting things happen. SGU was just bland planets, rarely any aliens and was mostly just them trying to fix the ship, get a precious metal, recharge etc which was just boring. The big dramatic moments were try hard battlestar galactica rip offs.

SG1 seasons 1-8 (o'neill) & Atlantis absolutely dominate SGU
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    It was terrible! A few episodes in and I hated all the chars and wanted them to crash in to a sun to get it over with.
    Bring back SG-Atlantis!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion! thats for sure but i highly disagree. The SGU characters were so bland, i couldn't connect with any of them which made the storys harder to get behind. The romance side seemed forced and that liutenant and dr / captain love story was so contrived and forced.

The thing that SG1 and Atlantis had was teams that felt like teams. The characters interactions were fun to watch and the planets they traveled to had interesting things happen. SGU was just bland planets, rarely any aliens and was mostly just them trying to fix the ship, get a precious metal, recharge etc which was just boring. The big dramatic moments were try hard battlestar galactica rip offs.

SG1 seasons 1-8 (o'neill) & Atlantis absolutely dominate SGU
    FUCKING O'NEILL! RDA did an amazing job with O'neill; really well acted and written.

Deleted
    SGU was shit, I am glad to see it go. They had a good idea but ruined it by giving the crew a way to contact earth via those body swapping stones, they were hardly alone and isolated if they could swap bodies and visit their families.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    SGU was shit, I am glad to see it go. They had a good idea but ruined it by giving the crew a way to contact earth via those body swapping stones, they were hardly alone and isolated if they could swap bodies and visit their families.
    I did find that a bit cheesy, yeah. It seems like an easy way to fill time up with easily film-able earth stuff. lol @ that sentence.

IMO, if they focused more on discoveries on other planets it might have been more interesting. I also find it hard to believe that they left so much of the ship undiscovered for so long. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I still enjoyed parts of the show though. I don't think it will ever be brought back however.

People are entitled to their opinions and i feel sorry for anyone that truly did like SGU. But personally,i couldnt stand it.

I think the writers where trying to go for a more edgy,gritty of kind of vibe with SGU..but in the process they lost the very things that made the Stargate series so brilliant..the sense of self aware humour,the grand adventure and fantastical high drama...and their own fans punished them for it.

It always reminds me of that 200th episode of SG-1..the aptly named "200"..theres a bit in it where the SG-1 team are imagined as these younger,edgier versions of themselves..its not exactly the same,but i always thought of that episode whenever i tried to watch SGU. They prophesized their own demise.

On an even more cynical note..when i first watched SGU..my first impression was basically that someone involved with the creation of SGU saw how popular the revamped Battlestar Gallactica was,and decided to cash in,with the thought process being.."hey! this is whats popular now..shaky cam,dark,gritty drama..lets do something like that with Stargate!" etc.

Having said that..i still feel sorry anyone that truly did like SGU and im not trying to provoke anyone..but at the same time,as a long time SG-1/Atlantis fan myself..im also happy they got punished for basically wrecking the series.

I'd rather they finish off Atlantis with a movie or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    please dont , it was terrible, terrible show >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked it, but I never watched the last couple of episodes of S2, so I don't even know how it ended
    I really need to get onto rewatching it after I finish Prison Break S4.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    S3 would have been full of action ( i could almost feel it ) but nooo--- people didn't like the soapiness and the drama :\

... i don't care if the cast was shite for some, aslong as i can see the gate and the ship every week i would still be happy.

You can't have Grandpa- Jack here and there all the time.

I'm sad to see it go

Quote Originally Posted by scattman View Post
    Here is a petition to bring back SGU (stargate universe) Netflix want to help revive the show but need 100,0000 thousands signs to get the ball rolling!

tell your friends and family if you have ever watched and enjoyed the show!

http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...rgate-universe
    mm not sure, SGU just seemed like a rip of of BSG with out a blonde cyborg walking around =/ SG1 and Atlantis were a lot better...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by _Myth_ View Post
    On an even more cynical note..when i first watched SGU..my first impression was basically that someone involved with the creation of SGU saw how popular the revamped Battlestar Gallactica was,and decided to cash in,with the thought process being.."hey! this is whats popular now..shaky cam,dark,gritty drama..lets do something like that with Stargate!" etc.

Having said that..i still feel sorry anyone that truly did like SGU and im not trying to provoke anyone..but at the same time,as a long time SG-1/Atlantis fan myself..im also happy they got punished for basically wrecking the series.
    As a fan of all three shows I will say a more serious and darker tone was welcome. A lot of SG1 and Atlantis was really cheesy.

It was getting better in S2.
    And, its Stargate, I want that shiny gate NAOW!!!
    So i signed...

Deleted
    Hm, i didn't really know so many were negative against sgu :O
    I've watched a few episodes of SG1 and SGA at times, i never liked it, never got stuck watching em was always bored. However with SGU i got stuck almost immediatly.

the problem with SGU was that the first season started off really slowly as they were essentially stranded in space, but by the time it was cancelled at the end of season 2, the show actually had direction, the characters actually had personalities and the show had much more integrity.

if it had come back for season 3, it would've started gaining more support as solid sci-fi adventure show. i still wanna know what happened to destiny and what it's end goal was and if it would ever reach it. i was disappointed it ended when it did.

edit: but the great thing about the cliffhanger at the end, is that they could've miscalculated the jump between galaxies and been stuck in stasis for a few years - which would do a fine job of explaining why all the characters suddenly look about 3/4 years older if it ever does get remade.

the guy who played rodney mcKay in atlantis/sg1 posted a little while ago that he was going to be back on the destiny set again over the summer, but could not reveal why. hopefully it's either an end of SG:U movie, or a reboot of the franchise.
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-07-15 at 12:47 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    While I would love to see SG:U return, nobody is going to pick up the $2million per episode bill to revive it - certainly not Netflix.

Edit: Reading through the thread, it seems that a lot of people didn't like it just because it was so different from SG:1 and SG:A (the latter of which I found incredibly bland and just a rehash of old SG:1 themes). I don't really think that's a valid critique - it's like the current trend of comparing all FPS games to COD.
    Last edited by mmoc77c3257ccb; 2013-07-15 at 04:47 PM.

The last time I went to bat for a series was having to do with Lexx: the Dark Zone movie specials. I liked the movies so much (so gross and creepy), at the time, I wouldn't have minded a series.

However, when it did happen, the series was too weird and sucky, and the actress playing the psycho half-worm lady wasn't nearly as good as the original.

As for SGI, I hated the original Stargate movie as being pretentious, and I hate everything wozzname has done since his Disney Dexter the Computer days. And apparently, he's friends with Ted Nugent, who makes me puke. Bon Jokey, too. Ever hear Nugent when he has his own radio show/station? GAAAAAH! The only other Detroit DJ who made me want to pierce my eardrums for good was Danny Bonnaducci, that red-headed kid from the Partridge Family.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2013-07-15 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    As a fan of all three shows I will say a more serious and darker tone was welcome. A lot of SG1 and Atlantis was really cheesy.
    "Colonel O'neill what the hell are you doing?"
    "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACK SWING!"

Save Stargate Universe Petition now has 72,780 supporters Now Hope this show will return soon with more seasons ! change.org/p/netflix-save-stargate-universe

- - - Updated - - -

Stargate Universe Was not bad It was a good show still SyFy Channel is too picky that's why they let the show go . They put WWE SmackDown , Face off They are Not SciFi at all We need the return of Stargate Universe

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped watching SG a long time ago because of the cheesy cgi made using a pentium 1