Shadowmoune quest soloable? At unholy infusion

Hey guys just started doing my shadowmoune quest, main reason being for the ach,tabard, and gold. I am currently on step 4 "Unholy Infusion". I was curious i anyone knew if the rest of these quest can be soloed at 90? Also wondering what the drop rate is and how long i should expect to wait on Shadowfrost shards. Lastly was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a guide to do Unholy,blood,frost infusion because the quest text confuses me a bit and all the youtube videos all have music playing instead of commentary.

I am also a 505 blood dk if that makes a difference thanks for the help

everything, except blood infusion is doable
    unholy is hard, frost is super easy

I'd suggest you bring a couple of friends for blood (4 is a good number, but it has been done with only a dk and a lock, but I would not recommend it!)
    and having more people also makes unholy easier

I do not know if there are any videos of them being done, but it is a thousand times easier to just go in there with a small group

I think the unholy is the easy one and the blood the hard one.

Just curious, how do you do it with a warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Istark View Post

I'm not sure either, something about the dk ressing the warlock, and the warlock ressing themselves again with soulstone.

send in void walker pet, both dk and warlock follow, void walker acts as MT, warlock acts of OT, dk is third on threat, and as such will get the bite pretty sure BQL only ever bites the third person. Maybe not if there is only two, in which case she bites the second on the table.

DK bites warlock (1st bite), warlock dies, DKs resses warlock and bites him again (2nd bite), warlock dies again and resses himself with soulstone, dk bites warlock again (3rd bite), proceed to kill boss.

SInce the warlock is dying all the time, you dont have to worry about him having to bite someone to avoid turning into a vampire, and the warlock has to keep dying to clear his debuff, since you can't bite the same person twice.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Unholy was really easy to solo. For blood, you need to bite 3 times, I did it with 3 other peoples, I'm not sure if you can do it with just one helper, because you need to kill her in 4 minutes or otherwise you will get mindcontrolled (because there is no one left you can bite) - so it just depends on your damage, how many people you need. Frost should be easy soloable, but I did it with the help of the guys mentioned before.

The Blood Infusion can also be duo'd with a shaman. In fact, I recently dual-boxed the quest as an experiment. Here are the exact steps:

0. Unequip (most of) the shaman gear; otherwise they cannot die fast enough.
    1. Engage with the shaman first, then engage with the DK. This guarantees that the DK gets Blood Mirror.
    2. Get aggro with the DK. This guarantees that the DK gets the first bite. (The rules are more complex with more players; with two players, she simply bites whoever doesn't have Blood Mirror.)
    3. Move away from the DK with the shaman. This is needed because, otherwise, the shaman will likely get healed by Blood Worms.
    4. Bite the shaman. Let the shaman die. Res the shaman.
    5. Bite the shaman. Let the shaman die. Ankh the shaman.
    6. Bite the shaman. Kill the boss.

As I was dual-boxing, the shaman didn't contribute any damage (asides from heroism) and I still beat the timer somewhat comfortably. The shaman cannot contribute much anyway, since they have to unequip most of their gear. Note that I used a Plagued Scientist though.

And indeed, Holy Infusion and Frost Infusion are quite easy to solo.

Did you have the shadowedge equipped? What was your ilvl?

Btw you did it as a blood dk?
    Last edited by Istark; 2013-07-12 at 11:28 PM.

Did you have the shadowedge equipped? What was your ilvl?

Btw you did it as a blood dk?
    You must equip Shadow's Edge at the start for Blood Mirror, each time you bite (not when you get bitten), and when the boss dies. Since I was DPS'ing alone, I had to swap weapons a lot. (Actually I had to wipe twice because I had forgotten to swap for a bite.) Done as blood in DPS gear, around 530 item level. Remember that your damage is increased by 100% when bitten, and the Plagued Scientist adds another 100%.

My dk is at 497ilvl, do you think it's enough with the plague scientist?

Deleted
    On normal 25m, I'd certainly give it a shot, tank putri til theres enough ooze on the floor, pop army and hop in abom and get your infusion done.

And as people have said with warlocks/shamans, you can basically recycle people on blood infusion, bite, let die, bite, let die etc. Then frost infusion is just tank and ./yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Komenasai View Post
    On normal 25m, I'd certainly give it a shot, tank putri til theres enough ooze on the floor, pop army and hop in abom and get your infusion done.

And as people have said with warlocks/shamans, you can basically recycle people on blood infusion, bite, let die, bite, let die etc. Then frost infusion is just tank and ./yawn.
    Got infusion, ready to kill Putricide, Shadows Edge equipped... except I can't get out. There's no leave vehicle button.

What do?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Got infusion, ready to kill Putricide, Shadows Edge equipped... except I can't get out. There's no leave vehicle button.

What do?
    I've had that problem too. It's an UI issue due to one of your addons - possibly Bartender. Instead of using the button, you can create a macro such as:

/script VehicleExit();