Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    you're right i was wrong. you're not AS bad, you're worse. not only are you a big part of the problem with warcraft because you want to pout and make three other people suffer because you're salty with one person. you're also a biggot who thinks calling people fags is cool. i feel truly sorry for those around you.

if you were a good tank, you'd keep doing your job, while making sure the stupid dps get killed.
    Ok, bub, you do your thing. The idiot with ADHD never learns anything and continues his rampage with other groups too until he runs across one of MY runs and he learns his proper role in the group or else. You just frown and continue to do your job like a good little robot so no one's feelings get hurt.

And btw, you can't really make sure the dps idiot gets killed while the healbot in the group keeps healing him and the mobs don't really do enough damage to hurt him unless they are 10 on him and he can't have 10 on him unless I don't do anything (which is bad according to you) but I guess you don't even play a tank so I'll excuse your ignorance on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Ok, bub, you do your thing. The idiot with ADHD never learns anything and continues his rampage with other groups too until he runs across one of MY runs and he learns his proper role in the group or else. You just frown and continue to do your job like a good little robot so no one's feelings get hurt.

And btw, you can't really make sure the dps idiot gets killed while the healbot in the group keeps healing him and the mobs don't really do enough damage to hurt him unless they are 10 on him and he can't have 10 on him unless I don't do anything (which is bad according to you) but I guess you don't even play a tank so I'll excuse your ignorance on the matter.
    lol 10char

10+ Year Old Account

That's why I always queue with minimum 1 person I know. It's mostly two friends (A warr-tank and a Hunter) and me healing. So, if a DPS gets too cocky, we misdirect him and make sure he drops to the floor.

As well as if he ninja's from someone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by StopYourWhining View Post
    I keep seeing threads with butthurt tanks crying about dps pulling before them in 5 mans. I even saw one tank go as far as to say they have to "look out for patrols"........

I play a tank as a main. In the current state of 5 mans, if a run is taking you longer than 10-12 minutes, you are doing something wrong. Point blank period. Nobody wants to stay in a 5 man with your terrible ass pulling 1-2 packs at a time when you can literally run from boss to boss and kill it all at once and its hilariously fun and no one will die(unless you're a bad tank)

Point in case, stop whining on forums and get better at the game.
    /FACEPALM

Ah, you must be new to the game. Welcome to Wow super easy mode new generation kids starting from Wotlk. Name me just ONE dungeon in Vanilla/BC you could finish under 12 minutes. And give me the name of 1 dps who would survive if he pulled 1st. Pulling entire dungeon and surviving in just one pull doesn't make you better, it just show how really EASY game become. And it's sad you thinking you're better in game now, when clearly, you didn't know how dungeons was hard before.

Deleted
    It's a pain. I don't know why players think they are doing a CH mode run, or something, but sometimes I just don't feel like pulling the whole instance at once. Although my gear would be more than enough for it. I also have a bad habit of waiting for ppl, or ressing those who died! Obviously there are ppl who would say that I'm a bad tank, but meh. I don't have to care.

I just wanna do a smooth run, while listening to music and drinking my tea.
    YK: "Relax, enjoy, stay a while..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    It's a pain. I don't know why players think they are doing a CH mode run, or something, but sometimes I just don't feel like pulling the whole instance at once. Although my gear would be more than enough for it. I also have a bad habit of waiting for ppl, or ressing those who died! Obviously there are ppl who would say that I'm a bad tank, but meh. I don't have to care.

I find that mentality to be even more disturbing... if people aren't caught up or need to be rezzed (or just ran back) people seem to want to plod on ahead without them. Sorry, I'm not a douchebag. I wait until everyone is by me before I continue when I tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post

A little like me.. We stress in CM's and Raids.. Why not calm down in HC's? People seem to be in such a damn hurry. If your house is burning, please, leave the building instead of playing WoW
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Run takes as long as the healer and tank want it to take, don't like it roll a tank i DPS runs and am fine with them taking 30+ minutes though i'm not a impatient moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I would gladly not have tanks in my dungeons, I can tank everything with my pet. A lot of the time they just end up being self righteous loudmouths. Then you get the occasional gem that see's everyones in HC gear and just mass pulls making the run 10x faster. WTB more of those tanks plx.
    Many of those tanks went DPS because of people like the OP. I have seen it happen. Known awesome tanks that just suddenly snapped because people kept ninja pulling or trying to command things - even though the whole run went perfect and fast already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always has, always will be whining.

This thread is whining in itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    New tanks will never get the chance to learn completely if everyone else start pulling everything between bosses. So wait for the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Run takes as long as the healer and tank want it to take, don't like it roll a tank i DPS runs and am fine with them taking 30+ minutes though i'm not a impatient moron.
    here are examles of how some tanks have god compelx - im a tank so i can dictate rules - tank is a role as every else in dungeons - which means everyone should do what they are supposed to do and tanks job is to pull with constant speed in which ur sure ur healer can keep u alive - part of this is leanring how much u can pull and not die thx to your own cds - but tank who tries to dictate and rule the dungeon cause he is a tank is just plain stupid - and people learned it cause if tank is to cocky they kick him imidiately cause they dont ever have to wait long to got replacement tank - its not vanilla anymore when u had to come back to city and look for tank for hour and some tanks forget it - and learn it hard way by geting kicked. and what is funny most of the times tank say u puleld u tank doesnt mean a thing cause with looms in lwo lv dungeon and with the gear raiders have anyone with half of brain and his class cds and mechanics can tank nowadays.

funny thing about how tanks are needed - i have yet to see "LF tank for HC scenario" i see eveyrday ton of trade spam lf healer/dps but never once saw lf tank - this is exackly how tanks are needed in dungeons with current gear - mayeb if people were doin hc scenario on 463 gear they woudl need a tank and this is case for dungeons too - but if u have raiding geared people there tank is just not needed exapt for few bosses in which cases dps never pull first only wait patiently for tnak to get agro - but for trash ? dont make me laugh
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-07-12 at 11:59 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It pays to be patient with new tanks. Being impatient with them turns their dungeon experience into a miserable one. This increases the likelihood of them not returning - which in turn means longer queues for me.

Sure if I can see that the group is handling the mobs with no problems, and the tank is being overly cautious I may try to encourage him/her to speed up a bit but it's all about how say it:

Saying "Looks like you are doing great atm. If you feel ok with it, I am confident you'll be able cope with pulling a few more mobs " is much better than saying "comon fail tank y u so slo lol".

With the kind of gear I have these days, I suspect I can solo most of the 5 man content now as a hunter (I haven't stepped into a 5 man heroic for a while now), but really, if I'm doing LFD there is no need to create stress for the rest of the group.

At the end of the day you're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Even if a slow tank is frustrating, becoming part of the problem is not going to help anyone, and it's only going to make your own experience even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StopYourWhining View Post
    I keep seeing threads with butthurt tanks crying about dps pulling before them in 5 mans. I even saw one tank go as far as to say they have to "look out for patrols"........

I play a tank as a main. In the current state of 5 mans, if a run is taking you longer than 10-12 minutes, you are doing something wrong. Point blank period. Nobody wants to stay in a 5 man with your terrible ass pulling 1-2 packs at a time when you can literally run from boss to boss and kill it all at once and its hilariously fun and no one will die(unless you're a bad tank)

Point in case, stop whining on forums and get better at the game.
    why whine about this in a forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It pays to be patient with new tanks. Being impatient with them turns their dungeon experience into a miserable one. This increases the likelihood of them not returning - which in turn means longer queues for me.

Sure if I can see that the group is handling the mobs with no problems, and the tank is being overly cautious I may try to encourage him/her to speed up a bit but it's all about how say it:

Saying "Looks like you are doing great atm. If you feel ok with it, I am confident you'll be able cope with pulling a few more mobs " is much better than saying "comon fail tank y u so slo lol".

With the kind of gear I have these days, I suspect I can solo most of the 5 man content now as a hunter (I haven't stepped into a 5 man heroic for a while now), but really, if I'm doing LFD there is no need to create stress for the rest of the group.

At the end of the day you're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Even if a slow tank is frustrating, becoming part of the problem is not going to help anyone, and it's only going to make your own experience even worse.
    Really good way to explain it, and you're right. If the situation turns against what a tank would want/feel safe with, this could discurage them from tanking indeed. Making queues slower even more.

Already WAY too many DPS in the queue system. I almost have instant queues as tank or healer, with the top waiting time of 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    here are examles of how some tanks have god compelx - im a tank so i can dictate rules - tank is a role as every else in dungeons - which means everyone should do what they are supposed to do and tanks job is to pull with constant speed in which ur sure ur healer can keep u alive - part of this is leanring how much u can pull and not die thx to your own cds - but tank who tries to dictate and rule the dungeon cause he is a tank is just plain stupid - and people learned it cause if tank is to cocky they kick him imidiately cause they dont ever have to wait long to got replacement tank - its not vanilla anymore when u had to come back to city and look for tank for hour and some tanks forget it - and learn it hard way by geting kicked. and what is funny most of the times tank say u puleld u tank doesnt mean a thing cause with looms in lwo lv dungeon and with the gear raiders have anyone with half of brain and his class cds and mechanics can tank nowadays.

funny thing about how tanks are needed - i have yet to see "LF tank for HC scenario" i see eveyrday ton of trade spam lf healer/dps but never once saw lf tank - this is exackly how tanks are needed in dungeons with current gear - mayeb if people were doin hc scenario on 463 gear they woudl need a tank and this is case for dungeons too - but if u have raiding geared people there tank is just not needed exapt for few bosses in which cases dps never pull first only wait patiently for tnak to get agro - but for trash ? dont make me laugh
    So they get a god complex cause i am not an inconsiderate douche that rushes them ninja pulls etc? lol okay sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Can't really do that with all the casters in Scarlet Monastery. Getting through that one cleanly requires that everyone will cooperate with a LoS pull. If you've got a Hunter or a Warlock, which it seems like every group does now, you can forget it.
    Get a DK, grip of gorefiend win. (also if a belf is around use their AOE silence as well )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Get a DK, grip of gorefiend win. (also if a belf is around use their AOE silence as well )
    You don't want to use the Belf silence there, nor any interrupt which needs you to be in melee range.
    Interrupting multiple casters from range is possible obviously, but simply pulling them with LoS is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    HC scenarios are meant to be run by 3 DPSs. You only need a healer if you fail. But "HC" Scenarios are only hard if you can't interrupt/stand out of bad. Things hit for less than HC 5mans trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing thread, as topics like this one bring out the worse in people.