I need a few opinions...

So I have never displayed my armory before here in fear of flame and critique... but I give in today.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ad/Viqq/simple

I play Arcane right now after swapping from Fire (can't stand it) and I love it.

I love to raid.

I have no experience in this tier besides (extensive) LFR and watching youtube videos/streams (dreaming).

I myself have experience in everything up to the end of WOTLK. I was in a top 100 guild for almost all of the expansion.

IF I had a great log to go along (a good one obviously. like next level dps in an lfr), would I be somebody you would look at if you were able to chose a Mage to raid with?

Bear with me. I cannot stand finding a guild -- I actually am afraid of it. I just want to know if it will be worth my time with this level of gear and this level of experience. I have done LFR so many times... I crave the wiping endlessly and the competitiveness.

Any kind of critique is welcome as long as you have evidence to support. I have done so many hours worth of math and sims
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2013-07-11 at 10:09 PM.

If you ever wanted to break into raiding mid expansion, now would be the perfect time as most guilds are in farm mode. Not to mention that it's also summer and a lot of core raiders are on vacation so it's a very good time for said guilds to probe the player pool for potential diamonds in the rough.

What I would do in your position, since I really don't see much experience time stamps on your armory this expansion is to start apping to guilds that are around 4-6Heroics, if you decide you really like it, you can either stick with the guild your in or work your way up the ladder until you find the amount of progression you desire is comfortable.

If you make a very nicely written presentation (I.E spend more then five minutes on your app) I'm pretty confident you'll get accepted.

Here is what I see:

I see someone who is properly gemmed and enchanted. I see someone who has put effort into obtaining Valor Points to upgrade what they have. I see good talent selection and glyphs.

Beyond that, I really don't have anything to go on. As Phair said, if you take the time to fill out a decent app, someone will pick you up. Personally, I would look at your armory, your app, and then do a quick interview in vent to make sure you aren't a total douche and can answer simple questions. As long as you didn't tank the vent interview, I'd feel comfortable bringing you in.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    So I have never displayed my armory before here in fear of flame and critique... but I give in today.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ad/Viqq/simple

I play Arcane right now after swapping from Fire (can't stand it) and I love it.

I love to raid.

I have no experience in this tier besides (extensive) LFR and watching youtube videos/streams (dreaming).

I myself have experience in everything up to the end of WOTLK. I was in a top 100 guild for almost all of the expansion.

IF I had a great log to go along (a good one obviously. like next level dps in an lfr), would I be somebody you would look at if you were able to chose a Mage to raid with?

Bear with me. I cannot stand finding a guild -- I actually am afraid of it. I just want to know if it will be worth my time with this level of gear and this level of experience. I have done LFR so many times... I crave the wiping endlessly and the competitiveness.

Any kind of critique is welcome as long as you have evidence to support. I have done so many hours worth of math and sims
    If you told me you only played arcane, I would probably turn you down on the spot. Being adaptive and willing to do what the raid needs over what you want sometimes is a trait I look for in people I recruit. But that's just the type of guild I'm currently in. Also, being able to play all 3 specs is pretty important. What happens if arcane shits the bed next tier? Gotta be willing / able to perform as fire.

Besides that, looks fine. Pending a good vent interview I'd pick you up for a trial.

I'd prolly also grill you on your mage know-how and ask to see some WoL.

Also, just to hammer it home. Spend time on your app. There have been multiple people who I look at their apps and unless they are fucking amazing (amazing gear, amazing WoL, amazing prior experience) am already bias'd against not accepting. It'll make you look great if you take the time to write more, rather than less.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2013-07-11 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    If you told me you only played arcane, I would probably turn you down on the spot. Being adaptive and willing to do what the raid needs over what you want sometimes is a trait I look for in people I recruit. But that's just the type of guild I'm currently in. Also, being able to play all 3 specs is pretty important. What happens if arcane shits the bed next tier? Gotta be willing / able to perform as fire.

Besides that, looks fine. Pending a good vent interview I'd pick you up for a trial.

I'd prolly also grill you on your mage know-how and ask to see some WoL.

Also, just to hammer it home. Spend time on your app. There have been multiple people who I look at their apps and unless they are fucking amazing (amazing gear, amazing WoL, amazing prior experience) am already bias'd against not accepting. It'll make you look great if you take the time to write more, rather than less.
    I can play any spec, I just can't stand fire's RNG. I can at least rely on arcane. Frost scales bad but I use my pvp spec for Tor anyways. I have the drive to learn and to compete but it's hard to even join a pug with not even the first boss killed -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    I can play any spec, I just can't stand fire's RNG. I can at least rely on arcane. Frost scales bad but I use my pvp spec for Tor anyways. I have the drive to learn and to compete but it's hard to even join a pug with not even the first boss killed -_-
    You should be able to find a guild then. Look for ones just breaking into Heroics, or ones still working on N mode. It'll be hard to break into guilds that are 5-6/13 and beyond unless you get some experience in the current tier under your belt.