Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm quite old fashioned and sometimes even a little sexist.
    But I don't think I could care even a little bit less whether a man or a woman handles my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer a nice, relaxed person who knows what they're doing rather than a ridged person with a chilly personality who knows or doesn't know why they're doing... gender doesn't matter in that.

No preference; their knowledge is important, not their gender.

Deleted
    As a male, I'd like to have a female to deal with in everything. I dunno, I get a strange feeling of being judged by the other guy and I feel inferior.

Deleted
    as long as they are professional, Courteous, and speak English to a level where I am not having to say "Pardon?" or "Can you repeat that again please" every 3rd sentence. then I have no problems dealing with anyone.

The problems occur when you get someone who cannot speak your language, or has very broken Language skills. Couple that with Bored, Frustrated or even angry CS rep's then you end up with a disastrous call. I have been using my current internet provider for nearly 3 years now, and every time I have called them they have provided the best customer service I have ever had from any company and it is the primary reason I have never switched from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    As a male, I'd like to have a female to deal with in everything. I dunno, I get a strange feeling of being judged by the other guy and I feel inferior.
    News flash; women judge you too. Might want to go out there and get some self confidence instead of sounding like a sexist and wannabe alpha-male.

OP: Why should the gender of the person matter? All I want when I ask for help is a person who knows what they are doing and competent in their job. Penis, vagina, both, none, robotic, plant etc. does not matter when your BRAIN is the organ that needs to do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    their knowledge is important, not their gender.
    ... and all the other comments of same kind, agree with them BUT if I had to choose one and I had no other information about them, I'd choose a guy any time. I've had much more experience with incompetent and generally dumb females, especially when everything is done with computers and big part of females barely know how to touch keyboard with their fake nails.
    Didn't mean to insult anyone, don't take it personally.

Title's a little confusing; I thought you were asking about having a man or a woman manage your money. No preference either way.

But if you're trying to cut a deal with someone? A man, almost every time.

In my experience women are far more likely to demand a better room, a better table, better service and go out of their way to get what they want. They're less likely to back down and more relentless than men are. Think of all the times you've seen someone chewing someone out for poor service - I'm betting it's a woman the vast majority of the time. Guys tend to be a little more laid back.

May not be as PC as other comments here, but those have been my observations. I don't think your sister's biased; I think she's correct.

Deleted
    I really don't care, wether they know shit and can get stuff done is what matters to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Experienced good and bad moments. But all in all, I have realized one thing. They all been very qualified for their job, they just have their side things. Some guys within this business tends to look down on one for having a bad budget (As I said, some - It's a gene in males, wanting to gloat). And some women take it more kind at heart when in a bad situation, but else some tend to be too careful ("You better adjust you budget to be sure you have enough incase something end up happening." (Well, we know that - But was the first example in my head)).

But in the end, all comes down to quality and understanding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    This also hinges a lot on culture and nationality, as well as the actual situation, so it's really impossible to give a blanket answer.

Here in Finland, when we're talking about welfare situations, or situations where your bills are late, or repossessing, my experience from way back is that I've always had a better time "handling" or even manipulating a female person than male. Most women in these situations seemed to take a kind and nurturing role - although some very strict, while some more lenient - whereas men almost always were hostile and despising. It was much easier to get more time to pay the bills, or get better and more lenient payment plans from women than it was from men.

That's my personal experience, so in those kinds of situations, here in Finland, I'd much rather deal with a woman; better outcome for myself.

Either aslong as they are qualified and know what they're doing, and speak good English.

Not someone in an Indian call centre who hasn't got a fuckin' clue, we can barely understand each other and just reads some bullshit script.

I'm sorting business, it's important! I'm not ordering a kebab!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    This also hinges a lot on culture and nationality, as well as the actual situation, so it's really impossible to give a blanket answer.

Here in Finland, when we're talking about welfare situations, or situations where your bills are late, or repossessing, my experience from way back is that I've always had a better time "handling" or even manipulating a female person than male. Most women in these situations seemed to take a kind and nurturing role - although some very strict, while some more lenient - whereas men almost always were hostile and despising. It was much easier to get more time to pay the bills, or get better and more lenient payment plans from women than it was from men.

That's my personal experience, so in those kinds of situations, here in Finland, I'd much rather deal with a woman; better outcome for myself.
    Indeed, that is what I pointed out too. It is because many male ones tend to go straight to the cause. Be it good or bad.

And yes, depends on culture and nationality too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    News flash; women judge you too. Might want to go out there and get some self confidence instead of sounding like a sexist and wannabe alpha-male.

OP: Why should the gender of the person matter? All I want when I ask for help is a person who knows what they are doing and competent in their job. Penis, vagina, both, none, robotic, plant etc. does not matter when your BRAIN is the organ that needs to do the job.
    I don't think plants make good financial advisers, if that's me being planetest then so be it..

But to the OP, sex makes no different when it comes to the IQ, but I would not say no to a woman with a nice phone voice if she knew what she was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Had to get online this morning and sort out my internet bill or risk being disconnected. So I do the online chat thing with 'Eve' an representative of the internet company.

Long story short I couldn't make any concessions with her for making a payment plan to pay off my bill. Her words "my hands are tight" typo intended.

So I'm stressing out all day long even though I had offered the company 200 dollars today and remainder of balance at end of month...so I said "heck" I'll try again with a new agent. Sure enough I get 'Daniel' online and worked out a deal.

I tell my roommate/sister the situation and she says "never ever deal with a women" Kind of surprised me.

Your thoughts on dealing with women over the phone or internet?
    Has nothing to do with being a woman and everything to do with having a more experienced customer service agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Had to get online this morning and sort out my internet bill or risk being disconnected. So I do the online chat thing with 'Eve' an representative of the internet company.

Long story short I couldn't make any concessions with her for making a payment plan to pay off my bill. Her words "my hands are tight" typo intended.

So I'm stressing out all day long even though I had offered the company 200 dollars today and remainder of balance at end of month...so I said "heck" I'll try again with a new agent. Sure enough I get 'Daniel' online and worked out a deal.

I tell my roommate/sister the situation and she says "never ever deal with a women" Kind of surprised me.

Your thoughts on dealing with women over the phone or internet?
    It doesn't matter to me. I find most people to be quite incompetent when it comes to finances.... and those that are good are so because of their life experiences, not their sex.

My mother, for example, is better with money than my father (To whom, for 10 years, I've been trying to explain how interest works and he still doesn't get it). Of course then there's my aunt (mother's sister) who has managed to squander over $1 million in the 3 years since her husband (an extremely financially savvy person) died.

Financial savvy and idiocy doesn't recognize gender.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Has nothing to do with being a woman and everything to do with having a more experienced customer service agent.
    Or inexperienced. It's possible that "Daniel" didn't follow policy in what he did. We have no way of knowing.

Deleted
    I'm not really bothered, my experience is that women are better with customer service aspects of jobs though.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's times when I'd rather deal with a man or a woman regarding a certain problem. Calling up a place about my bills is certainly not one of them. I can't imagine what bearing it could possibly have and if someone has bad experience dealing with particular men or women who are incompetent, it may colour their outlook. For instance if you deal with 3 really useless dudes at X Bill Company and then 1 really good and helpful woman, you'd think "wow the women there are actually good at their job". I dunno, I'd still not think that because it's stupid but it's the only way I can imagine it having the slightest impact on someone's preference.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.