Question Do you Hop between Games?

As for me, I subscribe to WoW when a new major content update is released, then play the game all over like a mad man. After a couple months however, I have looted all the current Heroic gear and sets I need and let my sub run out before going back to EVE for the folowing months until the new WoW patch. I usually play MMOs during week days.

Interestingly though, I also hop between Minecraft and Hawken, which I play on the weekends. By default, I am busy constructing my own world projects in MC but whenever a new Hawken mech or map comes out, I set the time aside to grind that new mech all the way to level 25 and fully customize it or master the new map. A couple weekends later, I'm back to Minecraft. Note: probably going to use my Dota 2 beta key and try it out, most likely it will take over all my weekend play time.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-07-12 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda do this...I'm normally playing about 3-4 games at any one time (and numerous other one off things I can do, like Poker Night 2 for a game), so for example, last week I was alternating between Batman Arkham City, Fallout:NV and Borderlands, with the odd FIFA or Audiosurf thing thrown in...I'd play one solidly one day, then switch over, I can't really play the same game day after day any more, I need more variety these days...I blame playing WoW too much when I was younger.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

I do, quite a lot. I usually play the snot out of a game for several months and then randomly no longer want to play it, so I switch to another.

I usually stick to one game at a time, very rarely will I juggle two. I spend most of my free time reading lately, anyhow...

I'm off again on again with WoW. Otherwise I'll play a console game until it's completed (which is generally < 1 week) and then I'll just not play a video game for awhile until I find another one I want to play.

Not really. I pretty much always used to play one multi-player game at a time - simply didn't have time for more. I would play a single-player game every now and then, but it was always merely an addition to my main game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I play WoW, DotA 2 and I'm currently playing through Deadpool. WoW for raids, DotA 2 with friends, Deadpool when I'm bored and nobody is around. However, I want to start playing SC2 but I'm just so bad it's no fun haha.

I don't really hop between single player games or MMOs though, well there are no good MMOs aside from WoW so nothing to swap to there, and I'd rather just play a single player game to the end before I start a new one.

15+ Year Old Account
    i hop games like crazy.

im subscribed to 3 right now, Rift, SWTOR, Planetside 2. I also enjoy playing Battlefield 3, Total War Games, plus i jump in and out of random games i own on steam. While i dont have all the time in the world to play them all, i generally just like having the options when i dont feel like playing certain games. not to mention i have money to spend so ya.

Deleted
    I play a game when i feel like it, pretty much. This means i play several games at a time, currently switching between Pokemon White 2, Devil Survivor, NWO and LoL, aswell as various other games from time to time.
    There just exists days when i don't feel like playing certain games, thus having many at a time is needed. Sometimes i don't even complete a game, but that depends on the game (I'm looking at you Elder Scrolls series where i get bored after 2 days of constant exploring instead of following main quest).

10+ Year Old Account
    I sort of do this with my games sometimes. Lately I've been sticking to one game until I finish it then move on to the next game. Sometimes though I will play a game for so long without finishing it or I'll get stuck and can't move on in the game or I'll just get sick of it and I'll just start playing a different game. It's really hard when I buy multiple new games and I'm playing one of them and in my head all I'm thinking is how those other games are like and I feel like just playing all of them at once.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    I play a game when i feel like it, pretty much. This means i play several games at a time, currently switching between Pokemon White 2, Devil Survivor, NWO and LoL, aswell as various other games from time to time.
    There just exists days when i don't feel like playing certain games, thus having many at a time is needed. Sometimes i don't even complete a game, but that depends on the game (I'm looking at you Elder Scrolls series where i get bored after 2 days of constant exploring instead of following main quest).
    I'm pretty much the same, however that generates problems with money-eating MMORPGs like WoW- every second you aren't ingame with them means you are wasting some money, since you pay for a timed subscription, but the old FF14 is the worst by far-I gotta pay money per character, even the 1 month "free" membership that comes with the game is a lie- you gotta pay some extra money.

As for singleplayer games though,I haven't beaten most of them just because I hop so much.

Deleted
    I've never been as dedicated to a game as I was since wow. Quit nov 2011, played wow and only wow until then. After that I've been game jumping quite much: rift, star wars, aion (just for a couple of mins), planetside2, neverwinter. I thought GW2 would be the next game I would play only and for a long time. However, it had its flaws and so far spent more time on my shelf... hoping to get back to it some day (asuras so cute). I will probably continue to play different mmos without much dedication... next big hope is Wildstar and runner up is Archeage and hopefully by the time they have launched and have been tried GW2 got it's stuff together so I know it's a viable option. At least there exist 3 viable options to hope for, but they are all at least a year away probably. So I will just play whatev seems fun atm and follow new patches and stuff.

Yes all the time. Atm i play some wow and some Empire total war and Medieval 2 total war, some dawn of war and a little skyrim here and there.

But when there is a new game i have been waiting for i play that one for a long time if i like it. Rome 2 Total War will be the next big one, i will play that game for some 100+ hours for sure before switching again
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-07-12 at 04:26 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I try to. It helps not getting burned out so fast.

I tend to play multiple games at a time. Usually it's a few mmorpgs and then a single player game or two. Right now GW2 is my main game but I hop around in things like the FFXIV beta, TSW, and even SWTOR when I see a cool update for them. And when I get an itching for some good action combat I'll fire up Vindictus for a couple of instance runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm, juggling between WoW, StarCraft, Some fighting games, fifa 13,warcraft 3.. While trying to watch some anime and go out to some movies or just chill out with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    no i don't hop between games. i play several games parallel but of a different "kind".

-only one single player story game at a time (atm replaying mass effect 1-3 for all the new dlcs in me3)

-some "no story" single player games. mostly racing, jump and run and puzzles (world of goo, the bridge, space chem, giana sisters, trials evolution, super meatboy, trackmania ... etc)

-one "main" online game. a mmorpg most of the time. wow most of the time, daoc before that and diablo2 before that. age of conan and diablo3 while on wow brakes.

-several non mmo multiplayer games. lol, mechwarrior online, bit of war thunder and world of tanks.

it works well so far.

Deleted
    I can only play one MMO and one non-MMO game at a time. So playing 2 MMOs and juggling between them won't work as it would require too much time and it's too hard to learn how to play 2 of them really well and competitively at the same time. Also playing 2 single player games at the same time won't work for me because I want to get immersed in the story and don't want distractions. But playing a MMO and then when I get bored or just want to relax and get immersed in a good story, a single player game works just fine.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-07-12 at 07:34 PM.

With MMO's, absolutely. I've got around 20 installed that I jump back and forth between. The only one I play on a regular basis is Rift.

With non-MMO's, I try not to, but I end up doing it anyways. Trying to make a concerted effort to work my way through my backlog at the moment, but I'm still jumping around -_-