Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Soy beans, kale and broccoli

I'm not gonna get into my personal preferences for cooking chicken (hint: it's not poaching by a long stretch),
    Mine is Chicken Kiev. Garlic butter stuffed chicken breast, breaded and fried. But that is rather outside the purview of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is more labor intensive and practically pointless from a dietary standpoint.
    Absolutely any kind of cooking is more labor intensive than just throwing a piece of meat into chilli. But not a single damn chef is going to tell you that's the best, and no nutritionist is going to tell you it's the healthiest. My post certainly didn't specify skinless, boneless chicken breast. In fact, some of us like our chicken to have flavor, in which case you would use bone-in thighs, and THEN clean the meat off the bone. Also, there will STILL be fat present so for the absolute healthiest piece of meat, steaming will ALWAYS beat just throwing the piece of meat like a cave man into your chilli.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Chicken breast can be quite lean if you get it without the skin.

According to http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/ch...kenbreasts.htm skinned, boneless 4 oz chicken breasts have about 1g of fat in them, compared to ~10g if you leave the skin on. Chicken (and poultry in general) doesn't have any fat running through the meat like red meats do.
    Like I typed above, I didn't specify skinless, boneless chicken breast. I certainly would never, EVER buy that piece of meat. It is the most tasteless piece of chicken you can buy, FACT. What the website reference doesn't tell you is that most of the flavor resides in the bone and when cooked down that flavor melts into gelatin and steaming your meat on the bone would simply be more flavorful than cooking a skinless, boneless piece of chicken breast (which happens to already be the least tasteful piece of chicken). As for this...

Mine is Chicken Kiev. Garlic butter stuffed chicken breast, breaded and fried. But that is rather outside the purview of this thread
    I certainly don't intend on telling people that they're favorite foods are wrong, I just wanted to state how you could get the most flavor from a healthy method of cooking. As for chicken, man..... nothing beats a good old, roasted and basted whole chicken. Forget the stuffing, just rub the outside with butter and salt and let the glorious bird do the rest. Then again, I'm a sucker for homemade chicken wings (steamed and then baked to reduce smoke) and tossed in kosher salt, Louisiana hot sauce, and garlic.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2013-07-13 at 01:58 AM.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/ethnic-foods/8111/2
    There you go, natural food with highest % of protein.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Insects, they have x9 the protein of chicken.

You cant cut too much fat from you diet or you body goes 'oh shit' and starts storing it up, counter productive.
    30g of protein in 100g of chicken breast. So... there's 270g of protein in 100g of insects. Neat!
    Last edited by Creotor; 2013-07-13 at 02:06 AM.

Forget the stuffing, just rub the outside with butter and salt and let the glorious bird do the rest.
    When I do roast chicken I pull the string off the bird and then gently lift the skin up off the breasts (taking care not to tear it) and rub herb butter (garlic, thyme, tarragon) under the skin and rub salt into the outside of the skin. Then you re-truss the chicken. This makes the crispiest, yummiest chicken skin ever and the juices make really awesome gravy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every had chicken Vindaloo curry? It's awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

When I do roast chicken I pull the string off the bird and then gently lift the skin up off the breasts (taking care not to tear it) and rub herb butter (garlic, thyme, tarragon) under the skin and rub salt into the outside of the skin. Then you re-truss the chicken. This makes the crispiest, yummiest chicken skin ever and the juices make really awesome gravy.
    Yeah man! My favorite chicken herb is rosemary, but the method is super effective. The only thing I hate about butter under the skin is when I'm quartering the chicken, hah. All the extra juices coming from inside the chicken might just aggravate my OCD...

Every had chicken Vindaloo curry? It's awesome
    vindaloo is my favorite curry! but I still prefer pork for vindaloo ; )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    vindaloo is my favorite curry! but I still prefer pork for vindaloo ; )
    I've actually adapted the recipe for beef, as well. More of a stew with a curry sauce, but it tastes fantastic.

The secret ingredient is vinegar :3
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I've actually adapted the recipe for beef, as well. More of a stew with a curry sauce, but it tastes fantastic.

The secret ingredient is vinegar :3
    Oh man, vinegar is the black horse of all the best sauces/soups/curries. Almost like how properly used fish sauce turns an ordinary wannabe-Asian fusion dish into a "holy shit that was good" more-authentic Asian dish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Oh man, vinegar is the black horse of all the best sauces/soups/curries. Almost like how properly used fish sauce turns an ordinary wannabe-Asian fusion dish into a "holy shit that was good" more-authentic Asian dish.
    Bingo. I am typically French in my belief that a good sauce can improve any dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I thought fish, grilled chicken, and brown rice were always good...
    That is mostly a correct assumption. Though if you are able to fit fiber elsewhere in your diet the brown rice isn't totally necessary (and your taste buds will be appreciative for white rice), and grilled chicken is simply one of the many healthy methods of cooking. If reducing fat is the only concern, then boiling, steaming, baking on a rack, or grilling are all pretty comparable.

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo. I am typically French in my belief that a good sauce can improve any dish.
    The French have all the techniques, this is truth!

Someone told me semen. That was a lie. I should have just bought a burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Someone told me semen. That was a lie. I should have just bought a burger.
    there is about 0.5g (500mg) of dietary protein per. i didn't want to look it up, but i was curious.

It blows my mind that you said "dietary" protein. Maybe I should have a talk with my wife, HAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    chicken breast, but its tricky cuz to cook it u need to add some oil too so it doesnt burn. boiling it is not an option.
    I boil chicken all the time! Cooks it through on the inside without drying it out. Then you just put a nice rub on it, I like spicy stuff myself, and toss it on the grill real quick. Super food.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The problem with broiling is that most home broilers, inside an oven, are not strong/hot enough to broil food correctly.

Probably Kaiju tenderloin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what food contains most proteins but without containing much fat/carbs at the same time ? ofc it will be meat, but what exactly ? a good example is chicken breast, but its tricky cuz to cook it u need to add some oil too so it doesnt burn. boiling it is not an option.

other foods like dry smoked poultry sausage or fishes (salmon, mackerel) also contain hidden fat.

i need to cut fats from my diet. but how to do that ?? i cant exceed 40 grams a day
    Shark and Tuna, when fresh have high proteins and 0 fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Shark and Tuna, when fresh have high proteins and 0 fat.
    Depends on the cut of either, period.

http://otoro.com/ for instance

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Because some people find meat repulsive. Furthermore, our PH is actually balanced for a vegetarian diet. Our stomachs CAN process meat, but it has never been, and never will be a necessity.
    False, also B12.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you didn't. What you said was a thinly veiled attempt at saying humans are vegetarian naturally; they aren't, and haven't been for hundreds of millennia.
    Actually our ancestors were all Omnivores, So the answer is 'haven't ever'. All Primates are Omnivores, Smaller apes are at least insectivores. So yah, meat is natural for us. the only major change in that diet habit came from learning to make fire and to grow food.