Deleted

Silencing Shot / Counter Shot

Hello guys,

why does Blizzard give SV/BM Hunters "Counter Shot" instead of giving Silencing Shot directly to all 3 Speccs?

Silencing + Counter Shot are the exact same abilitys, just with different names.
    I really have no idea why they doing that.

There is no difference like Cobra/Steady Shot (the one is nature damage, the other physical).
    But i dont see any difference between Counter+Silencing Shot.

Any guesses?

Silencing shot silences
    Counter shot interrupts

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not the exact same.

Silencing shot is a blanket silence (meaning it can be cast prior to the target casting a spell and lock them out of casting entirely) and Countershot is traditional interrupt that only works when used mid-cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The silence. You wouldn't be able to cast anything for 3 seconds regardless of whether or not you interrupt the target with silencing shot. With counter shot you need to interrupt an ability for the spell cast preventing effect to kick in and then when it does it's only from the spell school, so you can still cast some other abilities.
    I posted this in another thread.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I am confused as to how did you know that Cobra Shot and Steady Shot have different damage types, but you did not notice that Counter Shot INTERRUPTS and Silencing Shot SILENCES?

We are all fallable humans, but i giggled quite a bit when reading your post

If you think that's bad, check out the Counter Shot QQ thread on US PTR forum. People have no idea what the difference between a disorient, a silence, and an interrupt is.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    If you think that's bad, check out the Counter Shot QQ thread on US PTR forum. People have no idea what the difference between a disorient, a silence, and an interrupt is.
    Honestly i blame it on the BRAINLESS pve leveling and 5man instances where CC does not matter AT ALL - and all raid bosses are utterly immune to CC.

Back in vanilla/tbc mobs during leveling were actually very dangerous - one or two adds would certainly spell your doom, and even using CC was not a guaranteed save (mobs resisting CC or CC "missing" half duration).

10+ Year Old Account
    At least this keeps BM and SV up-par with PvP. But silencing shot seems pretty lackluster as a MM "specific and special" ability.

I reckon BM/SV will still be better than MM in PvP considering BM now has MORE CC compared to 5.3 (binding shot, intimidation, wyvern shot) and MORE burst (Bestial Wrath + TotH + Arcane Shot spam = 50% stronger arcane shots during burst compared to 5.3 aswell).

I actually reckon BM hunters will stay the same IF NOT stronger in 5.4 compared to 5.3 LOL
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-07-13 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    At least this keeps BM and SV up-par with PvP. But silencing shot seems pretty lackluster as a MM "specific and special" ability.

I reckon BM/SV will still be better than MM in PvP considering BM now has MORE CC compared to 5.3 (binding shot, intimidation, wyvern shot) and MORE burst (Bestial Wrath + TotH + Arcane Shot spam = 50% stronger arcane shots during burst compared to 5.3 aswell).

I actually reckon BM hunters will stay the same IF NOT stronger in 5.4 compared to 5.3 LOL
    i kinda agree with you but now you have to use your countershot to silence something, this will raise a bit the skill cap in pvp way more. bm isnt a faceroll spec as most ppl point out, maybe is at low ratings but past 1800 isnt that easy to kill someone in a BW-SS-Readiness-BW-SS rotation.

we shouldnt get Access to silencing shot from the go, what we need it was this an interupt. i tested counter shot in PTR and is off gcd, act just the same as silencing shot but it dosnt silence. i didnt notice if it had a travel time.