Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    The sky isn't falling either in most of the micro transaction games that offer the same stuff. The difference is... those games are not charging subs as well. So if WOW intend to keep the current model and add cash shop... the 8 year old game that was loosing 1/3rd of its subs in 2 years... will be loosing even more in the next 2. And no new gamer with half a brain will be touching WOW from now on cause its simply more inconvenient than what other games are offering.

So ... should I now buy GW2 and get new content every two weeks for free... even tho the game has micro transactions... Or should I pay extra in sub for WOW even tho it doesn't add a new 5 man dungeon in the entire expansion I have been paying sub for so far in MOP ? I can't say I will be playing WOW cause it doesn't have ingame cash shop anymore. Thats pretty clear.
    Do you -ever- take a break? I went to bed for the entire day and had a meal with my family and you are still responding to people with the same exact responses you were posting 10+ hours ago. lol If you are this dedicated about your negative opinions on a video game, should really redirect that passion into something more worthwhile of your time. Speak for yourself, I will still be touching WoW as long as Blizzard continues to pump out heroic raiding content, tier, pvp seasons and new areas/quests to explore. If you people are seriously this bent out of shape over three cosmetic helms (which probably barely took anymore development time than any other gear they have worked on) then Blizzard is better off without your business, imo.

It's all the whiners that are better off unsubbing, Blizzard could cater to gamers who actually appreciate and enjoy the game and don't threaten to leave everytime a ptr patch note or news feed is released. It's absolutely sickening what people are saying in this thread. Instead of threatening to quit the game, stop making empty threats and pull through with it. As a consumer if you are legitimately displeased with their customer service and business practices, you have the right to stop playing and paying. But if you are going to continue to complain and threaten to leave and keep playing the game -- you are sending mixed messages.

Bawk - Balance PvE (Alliance) | Bawk - Balance PvP (Horde)
    My Youtube Channel

Just when you thought this game couldn't go more downhill. Major sub losses inc.

Hypothetically, if the new character models WERE sold on the store would you supporters be okay with that? (they are only cosmetic after all)

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Hypothetically, if the new character models WERE sold on the store would you supporters be okay with that? (they are only cosmetic after all)
    Oh and all gear ingame should be grey and square, after all, they are only cosmetic.

It's not really the point that they are only cosmetic, this is a game that people pay for monthly. If they are going to start extra milking with a further pay wall for content no doubt paid for by subscriptions then more people should be annoyed. I mean the Bat mount, how long has Horde been screaming for a Bat mount (Undead/Troll) yet when they add it into the game finally it costs £20 an is available to both factions, da fuq?

If they carry on this way, its a funding model that I don't really want to take part in. It's a shame because aside from the minor class imbalances an QQ its still the best MMO out there.

I'm not surprised but hey.. Those helmets won't stay too long.. When they start to sell a new mount everyone buy it and a couple of days after they don't used it anymore because they can see it everywhere.

Are you really gonna buy a transmog thing that EVERYONE around you gonna wear ? Maybe but this is a stupid idea !

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Oh and all gear ingame should be grey and square, after all, they are only cosmetic.
    The apologists will just ignore this like they've been doing the entire thread. A few people have already brought this point up, there is no counterargument to it. If tier 17 is just stat gear and the actually tier styles have to be purchased in store they will freak out, thus rendering the pathetic, "it's only cosmetic" argument dead.

THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Coins of Good Fortune.

Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser coins don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post

People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).
    Not to mention, in-game pets now are mostly scaled down mob models. Heck, even a good number of mounts are just reskinned (or just plain copy-paste) mobs.

The nice stuff? Maybe one or two "earn-able" every expansion. The rest? Blizzard Store.

Going to be so fucking pissed if the Fae dragon is cash store.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Not to mention, in-game pets now are mostly scaled down mob models. Heck, even a good number of mounts are just reskinned (or just plain copy-paste) mobs.

The nice stuff? Maybe one or two "earn-able" every expansion. The rest? Blizzard Store.
    Agreed. Compare the Bloodwing with the Kor'Kron War Wolf from the SoO raid. Or the Skeletal Warhorse made from that Post item. Now to wait for the Fearie Dragon..

As long it´s only cosmetic i don´t care...

Hope they brin in PoE cosmetic change´s to abilitys... o yeah that would take some bucks out of me...

But for transmog uses, no thx !

This is where I draw the line; I'm glad I quit WoW before seeing this come to fruition. It's sad to see such a great game slowly turn into a cesspool of microtransactions, and even more petty seeing people defend this.

with the number of pets/mounts being added in there was only a matter of time till cosmetic gear was added

And I think that some of you forget that that the best looking transmog gear you can get is still only available in-game via Challenge Modes. It's challenging and it will never get any easier to due the ilvl throttle when entering. It's not like Blizzard is just selling all the best looking stuff...yet. But I agree, it is a slippery slope, but we haven't fallen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wallix View Post
    And I think that some of you forget that that the best looking transmog gear you can get is still only available in-game via Challenge Modes. It's challenging and it will never get any easier to due the ilvl throttle when entering. It's not like Blizzard is just selling all the best looking stuff...yet. But I agree, it is a slippery slope, but we haven't fallen yet.
    In b4 next expansions Challenge Mode set is also available from the Ingame Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Coins of Good Fortune.
    That's what I fear as well, and to be honest - even if they never make it to the store, the mere fact that Blizzard considered something like that is disturbing.

I fear the day that one of my favourite companies of all time may become a monster like EA, a company that every sensible gamer should have a reason to dislike.

Maybe they can bring back the whole RealID thing to distract everyone while they stock the store

Sooo, what's the ETA on the Angel/Demon Wings cloak x-mog from that one April Fools Day? ....What?