Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol I'm not too terribly upset by the change, I just can't wait for when we're buying full tier cosmetic gear like in allods
    Mighty one, never forget.

Doesn't affect how me or anyone else plays the game and if someone wants to buy it they sure can. There is no slippery slope, there isn't even a slope, to worry about. You can't be money hungry if you put things out that people don't need to buy to play the game.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    So let's all pay cash to circumvent the aquisition of mounts and mog-only gear, eh? Because fuck playing the game, I want to have instant 80, some fancy mounts, a handful of pet teams AND a shiny gear to show off, just for some cash. I don't have to, though, because I can just pay to play the game. But what the hell, if I can just buy it off, why not?
    That's a fallacy and you've, thus far, relied on a better argument. Re-think that for a minute. At no point did I disparage in-game achievements or effort. Never, not once, did I ever do so. At no point have they said mounts or pets or transmog gear come exclusively from the store. You are literally pulling this out of thin air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No it's not.

Because none of the mounts I earn in the game can be bought in the store.

And plenty of cool mounts are still being added to the game.
    It totally is, did you read my post?

Dragon soul = 3 mounts all the same

ICC = 3 mounts, one extra special

and seeing as the gold serpenty dragon is the bloody thing Thrall shoots at Garrosh, it's kinda proof it was meant to be an invincible style mount.

It would be like, if the lich king only dropped a frostwyrm, and invincible sold on the store.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    Probably the fact that blizzard are being money hungry again and would rather make amazing looking helms which people can buy rather than just put the ideas into the next tier sets....

IMO, blizzard should have just added these as the new tier set helms for DK, Warr and Pala... enough of this "oh buy this on the store"... money hungry..
    Maybe you don't read the forums, but Blizzard is literally adding pay services like this because people are asking for them.

If you haven't noticed, Blizzard never makes financial moves unless they're positive there's a demand for whatever it is they're asking people to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Really, these mounts are extremely cheap when you factor in time spent hunting RNG mounts or achievement mounts.
    Extremely cheap lmao. Do you know how many great games on Steam I could buy for the price of a mount?

I can and do because I have tons of mounts and pets in game (literally) that I put my hard-earned time into. I am fully satisfied with the $15 I pay each month compared to the incredible amount of shit I've amassed in game since Vanilla. At no point have I felt distraught about not being able to ride a mount in the mount store. Know why? I make enough money to justify the purchase if I want. I just haven't wanted it enough. Same as the mounts in game I don't farm.
    I'm glad you explained why you find it ok. But from that to saying that's widely accepted and an ok thing to do in a sub-based game..... it's a bit of a far stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I'll pass, because in the real world, if 30% people buy one thing, and 70% buy the competitors thing, I don't get to say it was my artistic vision, I get to pull out my old resume and start lookng
    But you're talking about a field where 15% can buy the thing and the rest buy nothing. Do you honestly think that Blizzard expects even 50% of players to buy any of these helms? Do you think they consider it a failure if they don't?

For a person who has played the "I'm really a businessman" card you seem to be ignoring a ton of factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a fallacy and you've, thus far, relied on a better argument. Re-think that for a minute. At no point did I disparage in-game achievements or effort. Never, not once, did I ever do so. At no point have they said mounts or pets or transmog gear come exclusively from the store. You are literally pulling this out of thin air.
    Let me put it this way, you can earn the honda accord in game. But you can buy the corvette in the store... Last time I checked no helm has ever ever looked like the one being sold, it is unique and there is no helm in the game equal to that one.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Extremely cheap lmao. Do you know how many great games on Steam I could buy for the price of a mount?
    Nobody is stopping you from doing both. I do! All the time. Already spent about $100 on the Steam summer sale. Literally more games in my steam library than I will ever have time to play for the next few years.

That being said, I'm not going to be playing those Steam games if I am stuck in-game farming a mount forever and ever.

I would understand the fear that they're adding good art to store items and leaving crap art to the in-game stuff, if the store items didn't look like crap to me.

So far the only store item I've seen I would consider buying is the Bloodwing, but I don't have enough desire to bother, I'm happy with the mounts all my chars have now.

That said, let them sell vanity rewards. Long as that's all they are, I have zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    But you do realize that Blizz is a money grabbing business, right? They are out to make money from you, just as any business is. If you don't want to give them anymore money (besides your sub fee) then don't.

They are just vanity items. Just items to make you look cool. There's no stats, no achieves, nothing. Just a sparkly helm, that doesn't effect game play.
    So it should be ok because it is a money grabbing business? Why don't they remove raids all together and put them on the shop? After all, blizz only wants money.

They are taking things we PAID for already and charging us for it.Imagine hiring someone for 2 days to build you a computer. You tell this person you work around the clock and i will give you X amount of money for the whole two days. Now, this person is already paid to work in these 2 days. Everything he/she does is paid for by YOU.

What happens after the two days are done, the person comes to you, and shows you a simple PC. Then, he/she says look, I used half of the first day to create this awesome looking case, but you gotta pay extra for it.

You PAID for this person to work, anything he/she creates is already paid for, and then he/she comes around and says "pay extra".

But hey, it's ok since this person wants money, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I'm guessing you don't know how to factor in time spent, like the post you're quoting says you should...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But you're talking about a field where 15% can buy the thing and the rest buy nothing. Do you honestly think that Blizzard expects even 50% of players to buy any of these helms? Do you think they consider it a failure if they don't?

For a person who has played the "I'm really a businessman" card you seem to be ignoring a ton of factors.
    My response was in regard to you mentioning how people say teir gear has looked worse over time. Not the helms. I believe you said that the art of the teir was subjective, and my point was if the majority donot like the new sets that point is moot

My point is, as it always was, that at this rate it will just end up there. I didn't imply you disparaging anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I don't get it. Are people upset because they don't have the money to purchase the items? Or is it because they want the items to be something that is rare ingame?

Another reason?
    They probably want the items to have 100% drop chance in LFR... God damn companies wanting to make money... god damn using models that are in game for like half a year now

I don't think it's a big deal and I honestly think the majority of the players don't probably care either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Let me put it this way, you can earn the honda accord in game. But you can buy the corvette in the store... Last time I checked no helm has ever ever looked like the one being sold, it is unique and there is no helm in the game equal to that one.
    Apples to apples, please.

You can earn the Honda Accord in game with a spoiler and in blue, black, or red.

You can also buy a Honda Accord in the store, without a spoiler, but with 22" rims, in silver or champagne.

Welp, guess what? I don't like silver or champagne and I could do without the rims. So I pushed to earn the black Accord with a spoiler. Vice versa.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't see the problem. All the other sub based (are we still pretending WoW is the only one of those just because it's the biggest?) games do this, and all the F2P and B2P games do this. Really don't see the issue, I won't be buying any of the stuff, but I have no issue with it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I don't mind transmog gear, as long as they don't start selling real gear. But, I expect more harder raids and unique tier gear...