Haste vs Mastery WW monk question

Ok from multiple sources such as Icy Veins, Noxxic, MMO Champ etc im just getting confused on this one area because each source contradicts with each other. This area is haste vs mastery.

My armory is here to show how im gemming right now which is mainly haste atm: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lexes/advanced

Ive been looking at all types of monks and most either have the mastery and haste about the same area or some just gem all out on haste or crit etc. Im currently pulling 70k plus on my dps when I try (also do to the fact i dont have a 502 pve weapon but a 498 pvp weapon). But should I like start getting the mastery = haste or stick with what i got and gem straight haste.

Also incorporating upon this question is patch 5.4: how valuable is mastery due to the change and should I stick with the haste only.

You have RoRo, so you want your mastery to be one point above your haste and crit. Use Zephyrus to work out the reforges and enchanting necessary to achieve this.

Edit: Also I'd really advice against using Windsong with RoRo, it'll mess with your stat balance and you'll end up getting haste and crit procs.
    Last edited by Chiasmus; 2013-07-13 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    You have RoRo, so you want your mastery to be one point above your haste and crit. Use Zephyrus to work out the reforges and enchanting necessary to achieve this.
    Ok and how bout compared to the changes in ptr for mastery next patch?

It's too early to tell since mechanics and values of several abilities are likely to be adjusted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    Ok and how bout compared to the changes in ptr for mastery next patch?
    INITIAL theorycrafting; which may change between now and when the patch goes live; is to revert to the haste (to what feels comfortable or max of 9250) > Crit > Mastery. Mastery is right now fairly low (about half the value of crit). But again things can change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    INITIAL theorycrafting; which may change between now and when the patch goes live; is to revert to the haste (to what feels comfortable or max of 9250)
    Where are you pulling this Max of 9250 Magical number from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Maybe its a soft cap? not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was previously concluded that at around that amount of haste, mastery would overcome crit. However, current shows that crit > mastery without rune.

Regardless, it's better to play with any version of Rune. As Chiasmus stated, use Zephyrus in order to have the 1+1:1:1 ratio.

15+ Year Old Account
    With the T15 2-piece, it's the point at which you are energy capped. This is raised if you have the Rune (due to the haste dropping to 11 energy a second while it procs). This value depends on which Rune you have and if it's upgraded. LFR version your talking about 11k or so haste, while normal is around 12k, and Heroic Thunderforged is around 13k. If you don't believe me, remove the rune and run a Sim on yourself since you have over 9.2k haste. You should see 15 Energy income and 15 energy outgoing.

Without the 2-piece, and with Ascension, your talking ~11.8k haste.

Based on the spreadsheet I've been playing around with, the 4-piece T16 will drop the haste cap all the way down to ~7.3k. Currently estimating the 4-piece to save ~7 Chi a minute.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-07-14 at 05:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya I'm not interested, Simcraft hasn't impressed me at all this expansion but I'm not going to fault someone for trying nor am I going to shoot someone down for using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?