Deleted

Planing to reroll ally (PvP)

So... I'm planning to reroll Alliance...
    I know it will be mandatory at some point to get human for the extra trinket... and double dps ones...
    The thing is I dont want to play as a human yet I want to have an advantage ;/

I heard that there is a trinket change coming with 10% dmg reduction...
    Is this still changing anything?

10% damage reduction on trinkets will be for any 2 PvP trinkets. So Battlemasters + Medallion, Battlemasters + On Use, On Use + Proc, any combination. Human will still be hands down the best race for PvP on Alliance, nothing else even really comes remotely close.

Deleted
    Oh please, you aren't gonna win or lose a match based on what race you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    This is flat out wrong, actually. There's a reason why when arena tournaments happen the only races chosen are Undead, Orc, Human and *sometimes* Dwarf. Some racials are incredibly powerful in PvP, I have no idea how you could even say that and think it's true.

Doing 5% more damage (roughly, from having another DPS trinket) could very well win you a close game. Maybe at 1500 rating it doesn't matter, you're probably right, but at higher ratings every bit helps.

I'd wait and see what happens with the PVE trinkets - there's a chance they're going to be game-breakingly powerful (much more so than a passive 10% damage reduction). If that's the case, Human with the +mastery trinket and CD reduction trinket are likely to be unstoppable. Holinka says they're 'working on it' ("There will be some solution for the PvE trinkets and PvE set bonuses in PvP." he tweeted) but I lack confidence in them fixing this issue before 5.4 goes live. I somehow get the feeling he's over-ruled a lot of the time by the PVE devs - he seems a smart guy and there's no chance anyone with a brain in his position would have allowed certain MoP imbalances to take so long to be fixed if they could help it.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with playing a human? It's not as if any of the other alliance races are anything spectacular.

Deleted
    Well I only play races that don't have glitches like weapons clipping through limbs, which makes the race selection on the alliance side restricted to male human and night elf female (except rogue, cause nelf females in stealth with their weapons drawn show the left handed dagger clipping through the left leg). All other races have some stupid in-your-face glitch.

Let's not discuss how difficult is to find an alliance player model for a hunter that doesn't show the bow's string going through the character's chest when he/she pulls it to shoot. Tip: female nelf is the only model that doesn't have such glitches.
    Last edited by mmoc7f02ba85a4; 2013-07-13 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    10% damage reduction on trinkets will be for any 2 PvP trinkets. So Battlemasters + Medallion, Battlemasters + On Use, On Use + Proc, any combination. Human will still be hands down the best race for PvP on Alliance, nothing else even really comes remotely close.
    theres no such thing as 10% damage reduction. its 2600 resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    theres no such thing as 10% damage reduction. its 2600 resilience.
    Oh wow they nerfed it already? It was 10% damage reduction, now it's about 8.3%. Weak.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Oh wow they nerfed it already? It was 10% damage reduction, now it's about 8.3%. Weak.
    i dont know how much it is tho it isnt a nerf if it is 8,3%.Because if it was 10 % it would bring your overall reducttion to 68.5% up from 65%(yes the 10 % is an actual 3,5% increase in reduction)

Deleted
    I would say, don't go human if it doesn't make you happy to play human, even in competitive pvp. I know a lot of people, myself included, like the horde races because they don't look normal (not saying human male looks normal :S) or at least don't look bland and would be quite unhappy playing humans.

I myself was on a backwater horde realm playing an orc monk and wanted to go to the biggest pvp realm because of that, which on eu is outland and ally favoured. Immediately I wanted to play gnome for both looks and the escape artist racial but I also felt like I'd have to play human otherwise I'd be putting myself at a disadvantage and furthermore other people might not play with me because I wasn't human. (There were also gnome hit box issues I was worried about which I wanted to test before committing to gnome on a melee with an already dodgy hitbox).

At the time I changed race, TR wasn't up which I needed to test out the racials in arena as you can't really test ww monk properly on ptr since it's affected by ms more than any other class by far and all the ptr servers, even the ones listed as eu, are in America with about 200 ms for me.

So, I went human and I ended up hating it.

When the tournament realm finally did come up, I made a monk of all the good pvp races and started testing.

Turns out, the gnome and undead racial I've found to be the most useful by a long way. So many times I've been saved because I've been able to clear roots/snares and run behind a pillar to safety or because I've been able to break a fear which put my team on opposing sides of the map and which my healer wasn't in range to dispel (obviously when other ways available to my class to do this were on cd).

(TR/PTR might be good places for you to try to play as max level characters on alliance to see what you like and if you can put up with human?)

Human is not the only good ally pvp race. Night elf (more so for casters but also melee to a degree) and gnome (for melee) are very good and I would say comparable in usefulness to horde racials such as war stomp and will. Worgen is decent. Dwarf is only good against a few specific comps and Draenei I don't think is that good at all.

Personally, I think that an active limited trinket-like racial you can use alongside your normal trinket, such as escape artist/will, are the best racials.

People want the shortest and easiest path to success. It's easier to do better in pvp as a human because you are automatically doing more dmg/healing than your enemy but you may end up being more successful by using a racial that takes skill and thought to know when to use and end up winning in situations where not having this ability would have cost you games, which from my experience has definitely been the case a number of times.

I have played with a variety of teammates who are between 2.2 - glad range in ability to give a bit of context and show I'm not a complete random :P (Although one man's 2.7 is another man's 1.7, but that's a whole different thread :S)

I also checked the top 100 teams on the best eu and us ally pvp servers and yes the vast majority were human where the class could be this race, but there were notable exceptions. There were quite a few night elf priests, a couple of night elf rogues, a couple of worgen druids (night elf is considered far superior to worgen in pvp) and a pandaren priest - all gladiators.

Also, if they don't let the mongo 5.4 siege trinkets go live like they are and make the damage reduction of using 2 pvp trinkets stronger, then the human racial will become weaker, as traditionally it's really been the best because of how well it works with op pve trinkets not from using the proc and on use pvp trinkets together.

So, to conclude, the reason I posted is to try to warn you against playing something you just don't enjoy playing because you sound like I did before I race changed. Firstly I don't think that the human racial is automatically better all the time and secondly if you don't actually like playing as a human you might end up paying for 2 race changes like me.

On the bright side, I am now a happy gnome and I don't think I'll ever be human again.

(I also read a great idea in another post somewhere about removing draenei females and giving draenei EMFH instead of humans, which would really show you whether the human racial is absolutely necessary in competitive pvp or not)
    Last edited by mmoc5d3fe0f7a2; 2013-07-13 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    A lot of racials are usefull. My stoneform helped me a lot fightning spriest and dk teams. If I would change race to another ally I would take worgen for my lock- human trinket is good, but having a better gap closer as a lock is imo a lot better if used properly.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-07-13 at 04:09 PM.

Remember you can always just use Tmorph if you hate the way humans look.

Deleted
    I would go anything but human for next patch in PvP. I do prefer having 2 bursting trinkets but 10% damage reduction is just too good when pvp is unbalanced like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Remember you can always just use Tmorph if you hate the way humans look.
    You can get banned for Tmorph

Screw that. Just go with a race you like. Like Dwarf, for Alliance - Master Race. All other alliance races suck

Deleted
    What spec you play ?
    If youre healer I would go nelf for shadowmeld which is huge (avoiding ccs, getting rid of pets, sm>drink)
    If youre dps I would go for shadowmeld either, other races are +- on par.
    (damn I miss my shadowmeld..)

Quote Originally Posted by stalkings View Post
    I would go anything but human for next patch in PvP. I do prefer having 2 bursting trinkets but 10% damage reduction is just too good when pvp is unbalanced like this.
    Well I'm not sure if something changed, but last I checked the 10% bonus goes for any 2 PvP trinkets combination, so the Human advantage would stay the same as it is now...

I play Ally, currently only PvP, and even though I know it would be much better to go Human I just can't, I enjoy Gnomes and Dwarfs too much lol. Humans are just so dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    wrong.

go human, use tmorph.

Edit: afaik, you get the 10% dmg buff from ANY pvp trinkets. ( as already said) so human still best race

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    You can get banned for Tmorph
    Not going to happend, there is tons(exaggerate) off streamers on twitch that's been using Tmorph for years. There is like zero chance to get banned for it.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-07-16 at 03:07 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?