Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

Charles Koch want to eliminate the minimum wage.

Full article here: http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/...rles-koch.html

"On Tuesday, billionaire libertarian Charles Koch joined Republicans pushing to eliminate the nation’s minimum wage he implied was the ultimate secret to lift Americans out of poverty as well as the major obstacle to economic growth. In fact, Koch said “we need to analyze all these government subsidies, all these things that are creating a culture of dependency, and we’ve got to clear out what reduces the mobility of labor.” A Koch-funded ad in Kansas insinuated minimum wage Americans earning $34,000 annually should consider themselves fortunate, but an American working full-time making minimum wage only earns $15,080 annually, if they can find full-time work. As it is, the poverty level for a family of four is $22,283 annual income, and even in the poorest state in the nation a worker earning minimum wage has to work 67 hours per week to afford the most meager apartment if they are fortunate enough to find a full-time job; food, utilities, and clothing are luxuries out of the realm of a poverty-level worker’s budget."

Ok... I mean, is it a dick measuring contest with him and his boys? This guy is already one of the richest person on earth. Why does he feel the need to take a couple thousand more from people who absolutely need it. Is it greed or malice? Or both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Charles Koch can go blow it out his overpaid asshole.

I make $9 an hour and it's barely enough to pay rent and groceries and college bills. I can't survive if we remove the min-wage. I mean seriously, how is removing the min wage going to "get us out of poverty?"

Fuck this guy, he makes more money in one minute than I'll make in my life.

And this just affirms my decision to NEVER vote Republican, not even for dog-catcher.
    Putin khuliyo

Both.

Looks like we learned nothing from the 18th-19th centuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is he even saying? Does he want you Americans to earn less money?

The phrasing in this article is confusing me...what's his goal, here? His thought process?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    What is he even saying? Does he want you Americans to earn less money?

The phrasing in this article is confusing me...what's his goal, here? His thought process?
    He thinks that it's a culture of dependency. People who are paid the minimum wage are leechers. My blood is boiling right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Both.

Looks like we learned nothing from the 18th-19th centuries.
    We learned. The GOP didn't. I certainly don't want to work for scrip that can only be used at the company store . . .
    Putin khuliyo

I really think that when he talks about "lifting people out of poverty" he means that corporations should make more money with less. The first step is to cut the salaries.

I don't see the logic in this idiots thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    I really think that when he talks about "lifting people out of poverty" he means that corporations should make more money with less. The first step is to cut the salaries.
    Yeah, my exorbitant wage of $9 an hour is what's keeping me poor. If only the airlines didn't have to pay me so much . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

I make $9 an hour and it's barely enough to pay rent and groceries and college bills. I can't survive if we remove the min-wage. I mean seriously, how is removing the min wage going to "get us out of poverty?"

And this just affirms my decision to NEVER vote Republican, not even for dog-catcher.
    Not that I think we should get rid of the minimum wage or anything, but you'd survive just fine in the sense that you're already paid over minimum wage.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    The federal minimum wage is unconstitutional. Regardless of your reasoning for the minimum wage being good or needed, you need a Constitutional amendment if you want a legitamite federal minimum wage. We don't have either.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, eliminate Minimum wage, but cap millionare/billionare salaries.

Excess wealth goes to the government, infrastructure, and public funding.

How would he like if he was screwed over?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Alright, eliminate Minimum wage, but cap millionare/billionare salaries.

Excess wealth goes to the government, infrastructure, and public funding.

How would he like if he was screwed over?
    That would be just as unconstitutional as the minimum wage currently is without an amendment.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Yeah, my exorbitant wage of $9 an hour is what's keeping me poor. If only the airlines didn't have to pay me so much . . .
    Yeah right! Since when making a billion profit is acceptable when you can make 2 by playing with the politicians?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How much after taxes and crap take out? :/

I am making $8.25/hour in Illinois and after taxes, I get about $6.50-6.60... it's absurd.

To meet the poverty line in Illinois now, it is like a 77 hour work week, like hell I'm going to work fucking 77 hours. I'd have no life, none whatsoever.

Let's just hope the Republicans don't give in to his shit and try and twist it to make it look good to the idiotic American populace... you know they would just love to see Koch get paid more!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Eliminating the minimum wage would be great for blacks and young people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Not that I think we should get rid of the minimum wage or anything, but you'd survive just fine in the sense that you're already paid over minimum wage.
    Yeah, now that my employer has to pay me min wage or higher. If it was removed, do I trust that he'll maintain that $9 an hour?
    Putin khuliyo

That bit about 34k a year making you wealthier than 99% of the world is offensively stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    That would be just as unconstitutional as the minimum wage currently is without an amendment.
    Cool story, let me know when 'unconstitutional' is a synonym for 'bad idea'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    He thinks that it's a culture of dependency. People who are paid the minimum wage are leechers. My blood is boiling right now.
    That makes absolutely no sense to me.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥