10+ Year Old Account

4/13H 540 Frost Mage LF raid spot

I'm looking for a core spot on a good team. Must be a PVE realm.

I am a frost mage and its the spec I intend to play. I'm not going to play fire. Its no fun.

I strongly encourage you to actually look at my logs rather then simply dismissing me because I don't play fire. They can be found here:
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/212540/

Can raid anytime between 1pm and 11pm PST (3pm-1am PDT). Times are a bit confusing as I'm in Australia and as both countries have DST the times move 1-2 hours throughout the year.

Would like 3-4 days a week with 3-4 hour raids. Any day is fine.

Current guild is too casual for me as I want to always clear full heroic while its current.

Leaning towards a 25 team since its more likely I'll be allowed to play frost.

Can go either horde or alliance.

If you need to ask me any questions my battletag is: Jtmzac#6785
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Current guild is too casual for me as I want to always clear full heroic while its current.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I am a frost mage and its the spec I intend to play. I'm not going to play fire.
    You realize that by not playing the proper spec you're contributing to the casual-level of your guild. I cannot fathom how any good GM, as a GM myself, would accept a mage that refuses to play his class properly.

GL finding anything over 6/13 heroic. Lol.

REAL TALK

Server: Kil'Jaeden (PvP)
    Recruit Contact: Donz Dei Jeyh Engineer
    Raid Times: Tues,Wed,Thurs 7-11PST [10-2EST]

Deipotent#1163

11/13 Heroic

Heroic Jin'Rokh
    Heroic Horridon
    Heroic Council
    Heroic Tortos
    Heroic Megaera
    Heroic Ji'kun
    Heroic Durumu
    Heroic Primordius
    Heroic Dark Animus
    Heroic Iron Qon
    Heroic Twins

RECRUITMENT:
    Boomkin
    Mistweaver
    Locks
    Mages

What YOU need:
    *Desire to push the hardest content.
    * Exceptional knowledge of class and boss mechanics
    * Exceptional situational awareness
    * Responsibility
    * Able to take criticism.
    * 90% attendance.

What we offer:
    * Tight roster of dedicated players who show up to raids prepared and ready to progress
    * A fun raid environment that's fairly laid back while still pushing heroic content.
    * A mature, stable and welcoming guild. No one under 18yrs of age
    * A fair loot council that awards gear based on attendance and performance
    * An active group of players who sign on for more then just scheduled raids
    * Competitive progression with an extremely light raid schedule
    * A focused and efficient raid environment

About Real Talk:
    Real Talk is a mature 25man endgame raiding guild on the Kil'Jaeden server. We look for players with the skill and desire to push only the hardest of content. We are seeking individuals who are not only competent and competitive, but dependable above all else in the long term. We want people to augment our already stellar roster. Real Talk is looking for self motivated players that continuously strive to better their play, while being able to put the guild first before their own needs. Simply put, we are searching for the best of the best. We are not looking for players who log on for raids and log off soon thereafter.

I am a frost mage and its the spec I intend to play. I'm not going to play fire. Its no fun.
    this is why your not progressing your a mage you should know better....

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing wrong with frost. I'm most definitely not holding my current guild back since I'm the best dps. (It was a bad warlock ,tank, 9 hour raid week and attendance problems holding the guild back and yet we still managed 4/13 as a 10 team)

The bias against anyone who isn't playing fire is infuriating as a frost mage when I do perfectly good numbers and would be a good addition to any team. You don't need everyone in the raid playing the best possible spec just to clear full heroic.

@deipotent Thankyou for your response but I just can't play on a pvp realm.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-07-14 at 11:34 PM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Deleted
    As an officer of casters in our guild, I would welcome you, but sadly for you, we are located in germany.

Deleted
    People who dismiss this thread or say "GL getting anything over 6/13" purely because he plays Frost either don't know enough about Mages or are simply Elitist in the worst sense of the word.

I myself didn't progress this tier as Fire, I progressed as Arcane (a "sub-optimal" spec) and not once did I hold back my guild's progress. Bring the player, not the class or even the spec. In fact I managed to gain a spot (albeit a trial spot for now) in my current guild (you can check my signature for this) as an Arcane Mage.

There is little wrong with his preference to play Frost - Frost is still competitive and will do a Mage's job.

Wish you the best of luck in your search for a guild, free bump.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2013-07-15 at 12:20 PM.

You are right...Frost Mages are $#!T...

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/stormrage/akraen/

Quote Originally Posted by Hatos View Post
    this is why your not progressing your a mage you should know better....
    *you're. Is this why you didn't progress past 1st grade?

On topic: AT NO POINT, THIS LATE IN THE TIER, IS ANY ONE MAGE SPEC REQUIRED TO KILL A BOSS.

You elitist fire pricks sicken me.

Hi Jtmzac, I see you are looking for a guild. We are currently recruiting exceptional players and would greatly benefit from an exceptional mage. If you are looking for a 11/13 heroic 25 man raiding guild, feel free to apply to churchguild.org. Here is our guild spam. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

<The Church> is an Alliance 25 man heroic progression guild. We raid 3 nights per week. We are on Darkspear, one of the most highly alliance populated pvp servers. We are currently 11/13 of Heroic Throne of Thunder. Our members strive to be not just great players, but great people too. We are friendly, mature, laid back, and work together to get the job done. Our #1 focus is killing bosses, but we offer a great community outside of raiding as well. You can apply to www.churchguild.org or contact me via my battle tag Elpay#1485 if you have any questions. We are always recruiting exceptional players!

RAID SCHEDULE
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00-11:30 PM Mountain Standard Time

CURRENT OPENINGS
    1 DPS / Tank Hybrid
    1 Death Knight
    1 Ranged Dps
    1 Melee Dps
    1 Healer

...and exceptional players.
    Feel free to apply even if a class opening isn't posted if you feel you are an exceptional player!

Check our website for the most updated information.

EXPECTATIONS
    Church members must exhibit a thorough understanding of their class and how to use it to the benefit of their groups. We like people who can work well with others in stressful situations, who can analyze challenges and offer solutions while accepting the ideas of others, and above all, we look for members who have that rare, but treasured combination of fun-loving maturity.

HISTORY
    We've cleared all content that's been released since the open of BC and have a few accomplishments under our belt:

Server first Eredar Twins (pre-3.0)
    Server first Algalon 25 man (The Celestial Defender)
    Server first Yogg 0 25 man (Death's Demise)
    Tribute to Insanity 25
    Only guild on Darkspear with Dedicated Insanity
    Server first Heroic Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
    Server first Heroic Spirit Kings 25 man
    Server first Heroic Will of the Emperor 25 man (Delver of the Vaults)

What makes <The Church> stand out from other guilds?
    The most common things look for in a guild they want to call home is current openings, current progression, and raid times. In addition to our 3-night 25 man niche, here are some of the reasons why <The Church> should be a place you can call home.

ACCURATE SCHEDULE - Our raids end on time. We make the commitment to start and end the raids on time because we know you want to get as much content complete as possible without interfering with sleep schedules or other commitments you have outside of the game.

STELLAR PLAYERS - All of our players come prepared to raid. We do not bring players who need to be carried. There is no drama pushing people away. Everyone takes the extra time to research all encounters and class mechanics to excel.

NO RECRUITING FOR BENCH - Our players come to raid and that is exactly what they do. We value every member of our team. Sometimes other guilds recruit an openings and only allow new recruits access to one or two fights. Our goal is to have recruits engage all content as often as possible.

FUN GUILD - We find the balance between staying focused in raids and having a light hearted fun time. We all want to enjoy the game, make good progression, and make new friends. We are a mature, we are pleasant to be around, and there is always a character or two online to make you smile.

You can read more about us and apply online at www.churchguild.org . For more information, you can talk to Discoelpay in-game, send a PM to Discoelpay on our forums, or add Discoelpay's battle tag Elpay#1485. Please note, some kind of combat log such as WWS/WMO/WOL will greatly improve your chances of being accepted. First impressions are key.

P.S: Contrary to our name, we are not a religious guild in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take you.

You know me by now from these forums... I've been the GM of Natural Order since we started at the end of Vanilla.

We're 10/13H, 25M. If you make our raid times you're in: Tue/Wed/Sun 7:30-11:30 EST

You can play frost for progression in my guild :P Even if it's awful next tier, I plan to remain frost. If something bizarre comes up for a fight or two I'd go arcane (like a heroic spine or something) for that fight but our main specs can always be frost.

Margaritaville is actively looking for a skilled mage to fill core a spot on our semi-hardcore raid team as we finish out this tier and prepare for the next. I would love to chat more about this opportunity in-game or on Mumble. Add Logos#1433 on Battle Tag, and I'll be in touch. In the mean time, here are some quick details:

Raid Size: 25-man
    Schedule: T/TH/M 8-11:30 PM Pacific
    Progression: 8/13 H ToT
    Server: US-Ner'zhul
    The best way to get in contact with us during work hours is to email us at margaritavilleguild at gmail dot com.

We're recruiting ranged, 6/13 H 10man.

One question though - If Frost continues to look poor come 5.4, would you then be willing to go Fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    In fact I managed to gain a spot (albeit a trial spot for now) in my current guild (you can check my signature for this) as an Arcane Mage
    I heard you like fire?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grondath View Post
    I heard you like fire?
    I heard last time I disagreed bad things happened, so yes I like Fire :P
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2013-07-17 at 08:05 PM.

I added your battle tag! And my personal opinion is as long as you play the spec well and enjoy it you should be able to play whatever the fuck you want.

On a more relevant note: If you consider a PVP realm we might be a good fit for you.
    <Subtle Insanity> US-Stormreaver Horde
    Tues, Weds, Thurs & Sun 8:30-11:30pm CST
    Currently 10/13HM Throne of Thunder
    Full thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post21285959

You can contact me via Battle Tag @ Ziemia#1835
    Hope to hear from you!

I sent a friend request twice about a spot on our team. We are currently 6/13 heroic. We raid 7-10:30 pm EST. Yes, we are 10 man and yes we will take a frost mage. I saw your logs and you did good as frost. If interested please accept me friend request or send me one if you missed it Krazy#1922.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for everyone's offers but I found a team. Good luck to everyone.
    Armory