Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So? Slap a closed thread on every LFR whine thread. They will get the point and stop making them.
    Why is MMO-Champion only for confirming opinions that people already have? Why can't people make their own threads and if you don't like them, avoid them? It's even more disrespectful to have everyone come in to every LFR thread (whether deserving or not) and call for mass bans and thread closures.

    People other than you have opinions. Sometimes they differ. If you don't want to read those opinions, you don't have to open the thread. I really don't get it.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Then drop the subject. LFR is there to help people like you and your raid team over come not been very good by replacing skill with gear. You didn't didn't read what i said before but.
    Did I hit a string with you or something? If you honestly believe LFR was implemented for that reason you're sorely mistaken, and we progressed through ToT at the average speed of any normal raiding guild. We didn't have heroic gear from the previous tier to help us out and most of our upgrades came from the actual raid and not from LFR, but we fell behind. And please don't assume that I can read every single post and reply to you with light speed, and with your attitude do you really expect me to enjoy replying to you?

  3. #43
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Why is MMO-Champion only for confirming opinions that people already have? Why can't people make their own threads and if you don't like them, avoid them? It's even more disrespectful to have everyone come in to every LFR thread (whether deserving or not) and call for mass bans and thread closures.

    People other than you have opinions. Sometimes they differ. If you don't want to read those opinions, you don't have to open the thread. I really don't get it.
    Oh I don't know because every outcome of a LFR thread ends the same results hence why it gets closed pretty fast. This one is no different.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The Item level for next tiers LFR is LOWER then this tiers normal raids. If you don't have atleast full normal tot gear before SoO is out then sorry you aren't a raider.
    As far is i recall it you're wrong.
    They talked about 528 (aka thunderforge lvl in normal raids now) for the new lfr.
    Can see the Twitter about the consideration:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...12974722146304

    To OP:
    Bad idea. The diffrence is great enough to make real raiders dps vastly higher. Just have to get into a better raiding guild if you really care.
    And if you get beat by a lfr-raider it's your own fault.
    Right now it's allready getting delayed with several weeks. You should be able to not have to do it very much.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Oh I don't know because every outcome of a LFR thread ends the same results hence why it gets closed pretty fast. This one is no different.
    It's one thing to close it due to arguments or language. It's another thing entirely to ask for closure of threads because they don't talk about what you want to talk about. If you don't like discussing LFR, don't enter the LFR discussion thread. Frankly, I'm surprised the people asking for thread closures aren't the ones getting banned.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

  6. #46
    The Patient Slowbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The internet!
    Posts
    243
    PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP!
    Im sick and tired of these FUCKING THREADS!
    Hey! Hey! I think i found a rare candy!
    Huh?
    Congratulations, your Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro!

  7. #47
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,837
    I'll just point out that the thread is about LFR and not about closing LFR threads. If anyone has anything to say, say it about the topic.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Observare View Post
    PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP!
    Im sick and tired of these FUCKING THREADS!
    If you weren't as slow as your avatar you would notice that this isn't a "QQ delete LFR" thread, thanks for coming out though.

  9. #49
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post

    And this is where the argument "if you don't want it to be ruined, don't do it" comes in. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who wants to do everything in their power to help their guild out as much as they can. This includes learning the fights, getting the welfare gear, and killing bosses that drop legendary quest items if you haven't killed it that week already. If you're progressing slower than LFR is being released you feel almost obliged to do LFR or else you're letting your team down.
    To me that is the lamest argument..and the saddest, because it says that you are lacking skill and need gear to make it up.

    By the time LFR was released in 5.0, the hardmodes had been beaten. In mostly ilv 463 gear AND whatever running 1 week when clearing normals brings.

    Now if you want to bring the argument "Oh, but those people are no-lifers that have all the time in the world" - then I am sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around YOUR perception of the game. You are not the one to make demands if you on one hand claim you would do everything for your guild to progress and on the other hand don't have the time to spend progression.

    Some of the best gear is on the daily vendors (522 neck available at neutral in 5.2?). Why move LFR to an inbetween patch and keep the dailies? So that you feel more prestige killing a boss? In normal?

    Pretty weak argument all in all.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  10. #50
    OP you just wasted like 10 minutes of your life typing all that up. Your suggestions are rubbish and your arguments for them are flawed. The current system is fine as it is.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'll just point out that the thread is about LFR and not about closing LFR threads. If anyone has anything to say, say it about the topic.
    Thank you so much.

    OT: I think you have a decent idea. I can understand where you're coming from, being someone that doesn't complete normal mode before LFR opens and cheapening the raid. Or, having to run LFRs during new patches when you'd rather not, because the gear is an upgrade for you. I also noticed that essentially after the first half-tier wait, LFR would be released on schedule as usual and have no delays, while normal and heroic would just be half of one tier ahead.

    Unfortunately, I'm not sure Blizzard or the community would go for it. They seem dead set on maintaining LFR, and there are a few good reasons for that. The best solutions for LFR (if they're to be considered at all) are ones in which everyone wins. I'm sure the solution is out there, and I've given a few of my own recently, but we'll have to leave it up to Blizzard.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

  12. #52
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    As far is i recall it you're wrong.
    They talked about 528 (aka thunderforge lvl in normal raids now) for the new lfr.
    Can see the Twitter about the consideration:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...12974722146304
    Every raiders will be full valor upgraded by the time SoO is out.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    As far is i recall it you're wrong.
    They talked about 528 (aka thunderforge lvl in normal raids now) for the new lfr.
    Can see the Twitter about the consideration:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...12974722146304

    To OP:
    Bad idea. The diffrence is great enough to make real raiders dps vastly higher. Just have to get into a better raiding guild if you really care.
    And if you get beat by a lfr-raider it's your own fault.
    Right now it's allready getting delayed with several weeks. You should be able to not have to do it very much.
    I can see why the length of time would be too long, but I still think it shouldn't open the same week. I'd much prefer it all releasing at once on the week that the final wing would have been released. Also I'm not sure why people are getting the impression that I dislike how people who raid LFR progress, if they finish the raid before I do on normal thats great for them, I only get bothered when I have to go to kill those bosses in order to stay on top of my characters best obtainable items and keep up with the legendary chain.

  14. #54
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,623
    Should have written this first:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    Looking for raid has been a thorn in much of the populations side for some time now.
    Threads and thoughts that start out with this kind of generalization can only be awesome. A few hundred people moaning on forums and showing up in the same and similar threads are NOT "much of the population".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  15. #55
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure Blizzard or the community would go for it.
    They aren't because as i said (and blizzard have said) before, most people unsub between patches now days and the longer they delay LFR the longer they go without people renewing there sub which means they will get less money.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    I have to go to kill those bosses in order to stay on top of my characters best obtainable items and keep up with the legendary chain.
    Holy fucking shit. Have you read anything? THEY ARE FIXING IT NEXT PATCH! SoO LFR will have a lower item level then Normal mode TOT valor upgraded gear (Which your whole set should be by SoO).

    Drop the dam subject already.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    I only get bothered when I have to go to kill those bosses in order to stay on top of my characters best obtainable items and keep up with the legendary chain.
    This makes so much sense. I feel it would be easily solved if the scaling of LFR gear was reduced so that it wasn't attractive to Normal mode raiders. I doubt many people who raid LFR to see the content would miss an ilevel here or there, and it would allow Normal mode raiders to ignore the pressured LFR runs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Holy fucking shit. Have you read anything? THEY ARE FIXING IT NEXT PATCH! SoO LFR will have a lower item level then Normal mode TOT valor upgraded gear (Which your whole set should be by SoO).

    Drop the dam subject already.
    Someone just linked Ghostcrawler's twitter saying they are considering 528 LFR: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...12974722146304
    That means equal to, or better than, Normal mode drops.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Thank you so much.

    OT: I think you have a decent idea. I can understand where you're coming from, being someone that doesn't complete normal mode before LFR opens and cheapening the raid. Or, having to run LFRs during new patches when you'd rather not, because the gear is an upgrade for you. I also noticed that essentially after the first half-tier wait, LFR would be released on schedule as usual and have no delays, while normal and heroic would just be half of one tier ahead.

    Unfortunately, I'm not sure Blizzard or the community would go for it. They seem dead set on maintaining LFR, and there are a few good reasons for that. The best solutions for LFR (if they're to be considered at all) are ones in which everyone wins. I'm sure the solution is out there, and I've given a few of my own recently, but we'll have to leave it up to Blizzard.
    I appreciate the fact that you really read my original post. I want all parties involved to be content, but bringing up the subject only brings a rain of accusations and insults no matter what side you're on. I thought this idea would still give the people who mainly use LFR the same experience as they always had while also giving the people who focus on normal/heroic the traditional way of progressing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Holy fucking shit. Have you read anything? THEY ARE FIXING IT NEXT PATCH! SoO LFR will have a lower item level then Normal mode TOT valor upgraded gear (Which your whole set should be by SoO).

    Drop the dam subject already.
    I think it's your turn to read: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...12974722146304
    Last edited by Rushro; 2013-07-14 at 10:18 AM.

  18. #58
    They aren't because as i said (and blizzard have said) before, most people unsub between patches now days and the longer they delay LFR the longer they go without people renewing there sub which means they will get less money.
    This has a logic: Consume faster your content, then unsub. Something easy is consumed faster than something that requires more time, ergo, LFR contribute to the unsubs between patches and don't help to retake unsubed accounts from old wow gamers.
    So, doing this logic, we know the first problem of LFR. And, becasue this is a fan-forum, we can put our feedbacks and try to "solve" with our experience the problem like two old dudes in a bar talking about politicians. The difference is this fan sites can contribute a lot and are a tool that Blizzard can use.

  19. #59
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Someone just linked Ghostcrawler's twitter saying they are considering 528 LFR: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...12974722146304
    That means equal to, or better than, Normal mode drops.
    What item level is a valor upgraded normal mode bit then?
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    What item level is a valor upgraded normal mode bit then?
    You expect everyone to have spent 8000 VP to upgrade every piece of 522 gear they have just to have a 2 ilevel advantage over LFR?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •