Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    they still haven't done ep 3? tbh i don't think hl would work again in its current form, it does need more up to date features if it wants to compete with open world FPSRPGS, while not amazing i just finished deus ex HR again and it really felt like playing HL with stealth mechanics and a talent tree. you know, go from here to there killing things and solving puzzles.

ah well maybe they were just waiting for the next gen consoles who knows.

i feel like half life 3 is the fps version of diablo 3.

even if the game is good it will never live up to its hype and people will say it sucks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Why is there so much HL3 spam lately? Has anything special happened that it's suddenly cool to speculate about HL3?

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Why is there so much HL3 spam lately? Has anything special happened that it's suddenly cool to speculate about HL3?
    there was some game informer thing joking about half life 3 or something and everyone thought it was real and gameinformer said it was a joke and now everyone is pissed or something like that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

you know they not even announce HL3 but they even cancel HL2ep3

10+ Year Old Account

I can't wait for HL3 :d

Pretty sure they'll make HL3 in Source 2, so that's not just a game you're waiting on. You're also waiting on its engine.
    RETH

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Thalian;21756146]I think I read something about there being Steam files for a HL3 and a L4D3.

L4D3 was announced, right ?

Pretty much after busying themselves with other projects, since it has been so long they have hinted that they were going to wait for the new engine for the next one without explicitly stating it.

I remember reading somewhere that they work on whatever project they feel has the best development behind it (They work on several at once and see which one is panning out the best and send there resources there). It is likely they have scrapped a good deal of Half Life 3 prototypes multiple times in that whole process and decided to set it aside rather than force it through.

Deleted
    You've got to remember they are working on new technology for existing video games. (Such as the extended script addon for Left 4 Dead series, Team Fortress 2 updates etc).
    This goes for Source 2 and hopefully once the technology is created then the game will be too. Half Life 3 has to much anticipation to just be ignored and with all this hype behind it I don't think Valve would feel right to release a game as terrible as Duke Nukem Forever.

I gave up seeing Half Life 3 any time soon. I'm not expecting to see any updates on their franchises (like huge updates) until around 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Don't worry, it'll be worth the weight.
    In gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Complaining about a game that isn't even announced? That's like me being upset there isn't a 4th Chris Nolan Batman movie yet...It isn't even on the table.
    This argument is dumb as hell, considering the Nolan movies were designed around a trilogy while we have the massive cliffhanger ending of hl2 episode 2 that downright says by itself there is gonna be a new one..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Complaining about a game that isn't even announced? That's like me being upset there isn't a 4th Chris Nolan Batman movie yet...It isn't even on the table.
    Not announced, no, but Episode 2 ended with a cliffhanger that hasn't been resolved for years. It implies that there'll be an HL3 or an Episode 3.

I'm really not sure why HL3 is in any development hell, given the massive demand for it from the playerbase.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not announced, no, but Episode 2 ended with a cliffhanger that hasn't been resolved for years. It implies that there'll be an HL3 or an Episode 3.

I'm really not sure why HL3 is in any development hell, given the massive demand for it from the playerbase.
    I think its more about Valve wanting to release the game in Source engine 2.. making the leap in graphics like they did with HL1 and HL2 setting a high ass standard with it.
    When they release the engine I´m sure one of the first games to come out with it will be HL3.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    They never said there will be a HL3, so it's really your own fault for hyping yourself up for something that wasn't even hinted. You created a scenario in which you were disappointed. How is Valve at fault?
    You're right. Where Valve IS at fault though is not releasing Half Life 2 Episode 2 because that WAS supposed to have been released at least to partially or maybe even wholly complete the HL2 story arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're trying to manage expectations on it, tbh...the Half Life series was good but it's been built by its fans into this sort of mythical, legendary game of unbridled godly quality...if they release it as anything but perfect it's going to be ripped apart by the fandom. But (as we can see) the longer they wait, the more unrealistic the expectation becomes, it's a catch-22 situation for valve.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

lol @ people thinking Valve won't release HL3

brb gonna abandon possibly the most known FPS game out there.

lol, just lol.

relevant:

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Gaben lol. Didn't he order pizza for the people protesting for HL3 outside Valve HQ?

Anywho, I SHALL NEVER GIVE UP ON HL3!!! THE COMBINE MUST FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CROWBAR ONCE AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I love Gaben lol. Didn't he order pizza for the people protesting for HL3 outside Valve HQ?

Anywho, I SHALL NEVER GIVE UP ON HL3!!! THE COMBINE MUST FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CROWBAR ONCE AGAIN!!!
    He took them out to lunch then they he gave them a tour of Valve offices IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    so it's really your own fault for hyping yourself up for something that wasn't even hinted.
    pls tell me ur joking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i feel like half life 3 is the fps version of diablo 3.

even if the game is good it will never live up to its hype and people will say it sucks
    im sure they will at least attempt to make the game to be similar to what people liked from half life 1 and 2. while diablo 3 is just shit in a can