Steam ripping off lazy people?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18408/

If you look here the cost of the games is very low, however you can buy them in a bundle for a lot more then simply buying them apart from another.

I dont understand this business strategy.

The individual games are all 75% off. Someone probably just made a mistake and forgot to make the bundle 75% off as well.

I'm sure that's an oversight, silly to charge £12.82 separately and £39.99 together, probably meant to be the other way around.

Edit :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajikami View Post
    The individual games are all 75% off. Someone probably just made a mistake and forgot to make the bundle 75% off as well.
    Beat me too it ^^

Deleted
    I like how at the bottom it says:

As everyone else has said, I expect it is a mistake.

It's because they're on sale, and the bundle isn't?

It quite clearly says at the bottom that buying them individually costs less.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    They haven't gotten ripped off if they hadn't bothered to look up the price of individual games, now, have they? Their fault, the bundle itself isn't on a discount, but the games are.

It's more than likely a mistake... just look at all of the other bundles it has:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201270/ / http://i.imgur.com/AisqV9G.png

WAS £120, NOW £30 which includes that entire pack that you linked and more.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-07-14 at 05:31 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are just always looking for something to get up in arms about.

Even if the bundle is meant to be more, it clearly states the prices so it's hardly a rip-off if someone is dumb.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i see the bundle at 11€ on my steam

There we go, it's been fixed already.

It now costs £9.99 for the one package instead of £12.07 (or whatever the equivalent currency/pricing is in your region).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Bundles always take a little while to update properly. If you bought it at the wrong price, just put in a support ticket. They'll refund you the difference to your Steam Wallet if you have a case.

No, this is standard practice for every major retailer.

Look at the price per oz of say Peanut butter on a smaller jar and look at the price on a larger jar, it will be more per oz on the larger jar.

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    No, this is standard practice for every major retailer.

Look at the price per oz of say Peanut butter on a smaller jar and look at the price on a larger jar, it will be more per oz on the larger jar.
    A better analogy would be peanut butter and jelly being bundled. The point he was trying to raise were the prices of each individual item within the bundle being higher price than the item on its own. So in essence, the $4 peanut butter and jelly bundle ends up being a worse deal overall than the $1 peanut butter and $1 jelly.

You're the worst kind of customer. I work in retail, and people literally complain when buying two single is cheaper than buying a 2 pack because it's on sale. Go fuck yourself and click each item individually. Come back when it's not possible to do so.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Closing this as it was simply an error in pricing that's since been fixed. Nothing to really discuss.