Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Gotta admit, that's the first time since MoP launched that I've ever seen someone so much as suggest using a 26,400 mana spell just for the chi, and justify it by taking the higher mana regeneration talent instead of the one that just gives chi. You sure you're not still using Jab/Jab/Uplift? A new low for these forums, surely.
    why would you not use Surge?
    With the abundance of mana we have ATM, I often use it to generate Chi when people are not stacked up [and someone needs the heals]. It's a 1.06sec cast, so its nearly as fast as the old Jab but does actally healing. (sure it's 10x as expensive as old Jab, but who cares if you can easily afford the extra cost)

Especially since the LMG, I use Surge about 20x per fight as compared to pre-LMGs 2-4 only-lifesavers. Why not use it when you can afford it?
    (just found our Primordius firstkill log from 2 months ago, pumped out 22 Surges, ranked 3rd at the time and that was without LMG... why not use it if you have the mana)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    With the abundance of mana we have ATM, I often use it to generate Chi when people are not stacked up [and someone needs the heals]. It's a 1.06sec cast, so its nearly as fast as the old Jab but does actally healing. (sure it's 10x as expensive as old Jab, but who cares if you can easily afford the extra cost)

Especially since the LMG, I use Surge about 20x per fight as compared to pre-LMGs 2-4 only-lifesavers. Why not use it when you can afford it?
    (just found our Primordius firstkill log from 2 months ago, pumped out 22 Surges, ranked 3rd at the time and that was without LMG... why not use it if you have the mana)
    This is probably a difference between 25 and 10, but you're hard strapped to find a fight on 25 man where you can't SCK for the chi.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post

Obviously if someone needs healing Surging is fine, and of course if you use it with the LMG it's fine. But taking Ascension instead of Chi Brew because "lol I can just spam Surging for chi" is probably the silliest thing I've ever heard. You'd blow all of the gains from Ascension in just 2 Surgings.

First off, I didn't insult you totaltotemic so calling what I said a new low on the forums is a bit uncalled for, I'm trying to have a civil discussion.

Yes the point of the extra regen is so that you can do that, in a time of need you can produce enough burst healing by using surgings and then with all the chi consumption and how well it scales with crit you'll end up with a very high amount of mana tea stacks, and if you have your mana tea unglyphed you can then quickly ascend to full mana, pun intended. Granted this is from a ten man perspective so it may be different for 25. I've often heard that a healer should be at close to no mana by the end of the fight, I find that to be not too great an idea. You should never be gasping for mana with ascension plus the LMG (that thing is op btw I just got it this week), and that way whenever ever you need the burst potential the mana for it is there. Yes the ascension burst method may be a hair slower than the Chi Brew burst, but you also need to factor in your other healer. I'd like to think they're not just sitting there twiddling their thumbs when a raid wide damage spike happens. Also Chi Brew is only really good for the double uplift in the long run while ascension's benefits are not limited to one situation. Just because a spell is expensive doesn't mean there isn't a time in a place to use it, and with how our mana is right now we should be using our toolkit to it's fullest extent including surging mist.