Leveling Rogues and PVP

Hello everyone!

How are rogues in PVP nowdays? I used to pvp with my rogue back in TBC era and it was fun (I was not the best player). I've searched various forums for this info and i got mixed results from this. Some people say it is OK, some say it's terrible. Basically I am planning to do BG's mostly. I am currently leveling and did some BG's (lvl 20+). It was fun but I am expecting it to be better after lvl 30 (cheap shot). Is leveling via BG's viable (if you win ofc)? Any tips for leveling rogue and PVP will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Deleted
    Well, since 5.3, I'm fairly sure rogues are one of the worst classes in levelling bgs. (I haven't personally levelled one lately, but playing as a disc priest, I found them perhaps the most insignificant of threats out of all classes.
    Classically rogues were rather OP in lower brackets, but due to rebalancing and class scaling changes, currently, prot warriors are king. The passive 40% resilience that was added in 5.3 has seriously affected rogues ability to beat down people in stuns, and currently, producing a kill requires a lot more work, as well as a skill level far above what is required of most other classes.
    In answer to your question, how are rogues in pvp nowdays? Well, at level 90 they are the least played class, not just generally, but also in every individual arena bracket.
    We will likely receive some minor buffs in the coming patch, but based on the info so far, as well as my experience of playing on the ptr, nothing that will significantly change our fortunes.

Edit - Just thought I would add - I've levelled a few chars exclusively through pvp.- Wins will net you a decent amount of xp, gains from losing however are pretty awful. Win/lose factored in, its perhaps 1/3 of the speed of questing/dungeons.
    When you get to level 74, don't forget the Grizzly Hills pvp quests, it's the only place left that will get you sensible xp and honor outside of bgs. Finally, don't forget glyph of deadly momentum for pve if you don't have it already, it takes the bite out of questing.
    Last edited by mmocf5a0c232bd; 2013-07-15 at 04:24 PM.

I honestly didn't bother to queue for bg's on my alt rogue until 45 (when the Random Option for extra honor/exp becomes available.) I was alliance so I blacklisted WSG/AB for the random queue. I was hoping mostly to get into AV which ally wins most of the time; EOTS is fast on average compared to WSG/AB unless you're rolling out with a premade twink squad in WSG.

In AV i mostly sat stealth in Stonehearth bunker a the start and waited till most of the horde left the bunker and ninja backcapped. I also found it helpful to pick up the AV trinket and as soon as I teleported back to the base, I spammed the stealth button and sprinted my way to ninja backcap the dun baldar bunkers.

I specced assassination and adopted a really pansy hit-and-run style of play. At lvl 50 assassination gets venomous wounds, which along with deadly poison and rupture can get someone down to 50% at low levels with a 5cp rupture. I would get full bleeds/dots while they were stunned and los for a restealth (using the stealth glyph.) I personally prefer subterfuge, although shadow focus could work as well. Once you're able to get cloak and dagger at 60, you can spread your dots really well with subterfuge + cnd using garrote.

tldr:

- Don't bother until 45 (exp to lvl has been heavily nerfed before lvl 40 anyways so just quest)
    - Random queue: Ally - blacklist WSG/AB ; Horde - blacklist AV
    - Go Assassination - deadly poison + rupture + venomous wounds = win
    - (Subterfuge + CnD) or (Shadow focus + Burst of Speed/ Step)
    - Glyph Stealth
    - Sap Cap