Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There are 2 things making me consider a full haste build, for 10m. As spamming HR in 10m is less of a thing than 25.

1: EF HoT no longer giving mastery.
    2: SH giving judgement HoPo.

So a full haste build, combined with Selfless Healer, will reduce the cd on both Judgment and Holy Shock, both giving HoPo. Especially since the last data mining shows that the Selfless Healer buff also working on Holy Radiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagzz View Post
    Math won't show anything when it comes to Mastery vs Haste. With haste reducing the CD of Holy Shock it gives us more mobility, and higher holy power generation. If you pick SS, haste increases the healing done by SS (there are breakpoints for # of ticks), mastery does not at all. If you pick SH, again, it increases holy power generation with a lower Judge CD. Mostly regarding it's affect on holy shock and judge, it actually helps holy pallies in the one aspect that they're worst at; mobile healing. Being a better mobile healer isn't something that can be quantified and compared with other numbers. And plus healing isn't DPS, the maximum amount of throughput ignoring overhealing isn't a measure anyone should look at to base stat weighting on.
    Mastery is the only proactive healing we have so softening the big hits the raid takes has been extremely useful this entire tier and I'm assuming it will useful during progression next tier as well. It's not so much about the raw numbers as smoothing damage raid-wide. I don't think anyone really argues that haste isn't powerful for being able spam out tons of raw healing but at the expense of mana conservation and being able to be proactive.

I fully intend to mess around with haste builds on the ptr if it looks like it will be more effective. I'm not that much of a Luddite.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.