Page 1 of 70
1
2
3
11
51
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Transmogable gear added to in game store, sigh - here were go...

    http://www.wowhead.com/news=216619/t...blizzard-store

    And the game is still 15 dollars a month.

    I'm so disappointed in Blizzard..

  2. #2
    How is it any different from mounts and pets? I honestly don't see what the problem is.
    The gear doesn't help you in any way shape or form.
    What is the problem?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How is it any different from mounts and pets? I honestly don't see what the problem is.
    The gear doesn't help you in any way shape or form.
    What is the problem?
    Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,401
    To be honest. if they just keep it with these sort of items, and no things that can influence game play then im fine with it.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.
    No it's not. None of the gear you listed will be available for purchase.

    Just like how the mounts and pets on the store do not negate the ones in the game that require effort to get.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  6. #6
    High Overlord Boxerlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    195
    Probably the fact that blizzard are being money hungry again and would rather make amazing looking helms which people can buy rather than just put the ideas into the next tier sets....

    IMO, blizzard should have just added these as the new tier set helms for DK, Warr and Pala... enough of this "oh buy this on the store"... money hungry..


    "A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.
    honestly? i wouldn't give a shit. i actually, i probably would care a little... but only enough to enjoy the sweet sweet tears of those who would cry over it.

    i like it really. less work i have to do to look awesome, the better. buy my cool looking stuff in about a minute, maybe two minutes. then i'm mogged and ready to roll. do stuff that actually matters instead of spending ages farming old ass shit that ain't even needed anymore.

  8. #8
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,168
    So far as everything they sell in the US/EU/Oceanic (i.e., the monthly sub markets) realms is cosmetic, I couldn't give less of a rat's patoot what they toss onto the cash shop. Hell, an ingame cash shop with shit like gametime and everything else you can buy on the web shop would be nice--get a warning that you're low on time, grab a month or two without needing to alt-tab or anything.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.
    All of those gear you listed are only in game and you can't get them anywhere else. Everything being added to the store is only in the store and wasn't taken from the game.
    So I'll ask again, what is the problem?

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Hunter never gives away their location
    Posts
    8,711
    Hell yeah, I'll be buying some of these sweet transmog items.

    Well done, Blizz

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No it's not. None of the gear you listed will be available for purchase.

    Just like how the mounts and pets on the store do not negate the ones in the game that require effort to get.
    Who said anything about negating? Every mount or pet from the store could've been a rare drop/spawn in game. It SHOULD have been, because it's from the subscription that they pay for the development of such things. Same with cosmetic armor now. It could have been a rare drop, or something that you can achieve by doing something hard. It should have been. Is it, though? Seems not. Seems subscription pays them to develop things that ALSO cost money.

    And you didn't answer the question.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-07-13 at 01:20 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    Probably the fact that blizzard are being money hungry again and would rather make amazing looking helms which people can buy rather than just put the ideas into the next tier sets....

    IMO, blizzard should have just added these as the new tier set helms for DK, Warr and Pala... enough of this "oh buy this on the store"... money hungry..
    I think they should've implemented this a while ago. There's nothing 'bad' or 'money hungry' about a business offering optional services to their customers at an additional cost. It's a pretty clean and intelligent business practice.

    What I do agree with you on though is that T16 is arguably the worst raid set (maybe 2nd to T9) and at the same time they release buyable transmog gear on the Blizzard store. It could just be a coincidence, but I hope it's not the start of an awful pattern of making all of the in-game rewards pale in comparison to what you can buy. (Even though it would benefit me a lot since I have more money than time to spend - just wouldn't think it would be good for the playerbase overall.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  13. #13
    Some people are really awful at applying logical and rational thought to things like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.
    This post is a great example of not thinking before saying something.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    All of those gear you listed are only in game and you can't get them anywhere else. Everything being added to the store is only in the store and wasn't taken from the game.
    So I'll ask again, what is the problem?
    Answer my question first.

  15. #15
    Can't see the problem. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Who said anything about negating? Every mount or pet from the store could've been a rare drop/spawn in game. It SHOULD have been, because it's from the subscription that they pay for the development of such things. Same with cosmetic armor now. It could have been a rare drop, or something that you can achieve by doing something hard. It should have been. Is it, though? Seems not. Seems subscription pays them to develop things that ALSO cost money.
    Who are you to dictate what an item should or shouldn't have been? I don't agree with you at all.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Answer my question first.
    Your question was illogical and stupid so I skipped it. You assume that items in game would be put up in the shop.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Bladeface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alaska. Cold as shit.
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Who said anything about negating? Every mount or pet from the store could've been a rare drop/spawn in game. It SHOULD have been, because it's from the subscription that they pay for the development of such things. Same with cosmetic armor now. It could have been a rare drop, or something that you can achieve by doing something hard. It should have been. Is it, though? Seems not. Seems subscription pays them to develop things that ALSO cost money.
    cry more about it then. its THEIR GAME and they aare a PUBLICLY TRADED company. they need to make as much money as they can because thats why you even have a company, and thats why their shareholders(who like it or not mean a hell of a lot more than your oppinions) bought stock in the first place so stop complaining about cosmetic items that effect you in no way.
    My armory: Sheogorath
    My channel: Shirgadirth I do gameplay/commentary. Two of my videos have over 12k views now
    Elder Scrolls Online Dungeon Walkthrough!
    My most viewed video!
    My second most viewed video!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Some people are really awful at applying logical and rational thought to things like this.

    This post is a great example of not thinking before saying something.
    So I ask you again: would it be ok for you to have a full set of awesome gear available only for cash, while bearing in mind that those sets could've been the reward of something hard to achieve in game?

    Way to be stupid and not read my post right. Think before you say, as you were.

  20. #20
    Elemental Lord Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Hunter never gives away their location
    Posts
    8,711
    I don't get it. Are people upset because they don't have the money to purchase the items? Or is it because they want the items to be something that is rare ingame?

    Another reason?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •