15+ Year Old Account

Planar Attunement question

So I've been leveling a cleric who is now 54, and I've been filling up the water attunement since its buffs wisdom. I don't know if I am doing this the right way by putting all my points into water for now. Should I be spreading my points around? At some point I will probably be leveling other characters too.

I've browsed the rift forums, and haven't been able to find too much information on PA. So if anyone knows of another site that kind of explains how I should spend my points, I would really appreciate it
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

There is no real right or wrong way to do it. Eventually you fill everything.

Yes, it is more optimal to fill the attunements that grant core stats first. But really 10 wisdom/intelligence or strength/dexterity will not have a massive effect on you at all. The bonuses are small for a reason.

The only attunements that matter much are endurance stats. Only if a tank of course. Mostly because of how endurance effects tanking mechanics. A tank usually gains a little more benefit from 5 endurance than a dps or healer would from 5 int/dex/str/wis.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-15 at 01:11 PM.

I personally only fill the 3rd tier up to the summons and buffs (if they are useful to me). Summons are generally far more useful than the stats, at least that's my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I personally only fill the 3rd tier up to the summons and buffs (if they are useful to me). Summons are generally far more useful than the stats, at least that's my opinion.
    This. There are also some buffs and whatnot in there that can be useful while soloing or doing 5-mans to save on consumable costs. I'd still use consumables for raiding and serious PvP, but outside of that the little buffs these offer are useful and better than nothing. Really though, for anything other than a raiding tank the buffs these offer are almost not needed. Just a little bonus buff.

I focused on filing out until I got maximum planar charge for that tier and then I filled out the attunement for my primary stat and then the pvp one and then I went to the other ones

Just a funny story I had thought I had read the 2nd and 3rd tiers of each plane weren't open yet so I was playing around with Tier 1 filled out my primary stats and was starting to fill out secondary stats when I realized those two tiers were open. Opps!

I didn't want to open a thread on this because it's somewhat relevant to PA discussion but Daglar just announced that characters under 50 will now earn PA experience--they just won't be able to spend it until 50. This is a very welcome change for my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    I didn't want to open a thread on this because it's somewhat relevant to PA discussion but Daglar just announced that characters under 50 will now earn PA experience--they just won't be able to spend it until 50. This is a very welcome change for my alts.
    Got a link for this? Also, when does this kick in? I have a few alts and I always feel a tad guilty when playing them when I should be working on my main. At least now I'ma earning PA points for him

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    Got a link for this? Also, when does this kick in? I have a few alts and I always feel a tad guilty when playing them when I should be working on my main. At least now I'ma earning PA points for him
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...s-changes.html

: ( I already have a character of each calling at lvl 50 so I miss out on the free PA levels

They kinda should have done it as a true AA system. Whereby a player can choose how much XP to devote to AA [Alternate Advancement] or LA [Level Advancement. Going so far as to allow a player to turn off PA to just gain levels quicker.

My rogue is 44...by the time this stats I suspect I'll already be past 50:-/

Oh well, at least it should be here when I go back to my warrior, he's only 36...