Thread: Warriors in PvP

Warriors in PvP

I feel like I can't do any damage in PvP on my Warrior. Granted I don't have that much PvP gear, both rings, both trinkets and cloak, and I know it will help. Do Warriors hit like noodles in PvP? Will getting full Honour gear really change it that much? Should I rather go into Fury like some people have said and buy the 2hand and the 1hand? I just feel like I'm hitting people with a fish really, they just ignore the damage I deal.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Warriors do exceptional damage if they can keep up with the person their attacking

Yeah warriors are in a pretty bad place at the moment, there only real damage comes from the swifty combo which is just pop all your cd's at once and hope you kill them before they wear off. Most of their problems stem from a lack of mobility, they are inherently slow with no great movement speed increases like other melee class's have, and if they do manage to get to their target roots/snares/cc follows really fast behind them. Even with the swifty combo most teams have learned to just cc the warrior out for a few seconds and let the buffs all wear off them go back to their business, which is actually usually train the warrior down since he cant really do much about it other than play super defensively till they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    I feel like I can't do any damage in PvP on my Warrior. Granted I don't have that much PvP gear, both rings, both trinkets and cloak, and I know it will help. Do Warriors hit like noodles in PvP? Will getting full Honour gear really change it that much? Should I rather go into Fury like some people have said and buy the 2hand and the 1hand? I just feel like I'm hitting people with a fish really, they just ignore the damage I deal.
    It will get better once you get full honor and at least conquest weapon

It's certainly difficult to get timings right. The whole "swifty combo" is definitely something you'll use in your arsenal, but you can still be somewhat effective when those are all on cd. Overall, it's a frustrating class to play in PvP but if you do it just right it can be a lot of fun.

PvP power from weapon and 1 of the PvP trinkets does a lot to help your damage for starters. If you can get lucky or just know some people, get someone to carry you for your Tyrannical 2h. That would be a great start.

After the Avatar nerf warriors really feel horribly gimped.

The Swifty Macro is somewhat a one trick pony and is way to easy to counter by any class whatsoever, trough kiting, CC or simply even some good cooldown use.

Warriors are slow, with very limited mobility, snaring requires a large amount of resources/global cooldown, also Warriors are completely susceptible to CC and are very much neutralized by it.

If you have the gear, you do have the ability to kill things...BUT only if you can stay on target, which is a serious problem.

PS. If you aren't using a Tyranical weapon and you aren't gemmed right, you are screwed. I really recommend you read up on Warrior PvP gemming.

Does this mean I should go Fury for the better healing afforded by BT and also will I be useless by and large until I get a Conquest weapon or are the Honour ones good enough? Also should I rather just go with Prot? The survivability is awesome for the BGs I do and I don't feel the need to be a kill hero.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Does this mean I should go Fury for the better healing afforded by BT and also will I be useless by and large until I get a Conquest weapon or are the Honour ones good enough? Also should I rather just go with Prot? The survivability is awesome for the BGs I do and I don't feel the need to be a kill hero.
    Honor weapons are sort of okey... unless you are fighting people with equal or better gear.

Fury is not about healing. The BT heal is a joke. Fury (SMF specifically) with Dragon Roar/and all cooldowns packs a bit of a punch. In essence if you pick your target and timing right, you can oneshot people once every couple of minutes. Most of the time you will be useless and rageless as fury.

Prot can be very useful to tank flags, run flags etc.

It is really up to you. With honor gear and as prot you can pull off some pretty heroic ...You aren't taking mah flag! stuff. But you can't even tickle a critter to death, pick Dragon Roar as prot if you want to kill something from now and then, Bladestorm if you will run with the flag, all other times shockwave.

To do anything in pvp as a warrior, you need to have the best gear possible and corect stat optimized.
    As a warrior you need to outsmart all the classes to get a kill, all have it easy, you just need to get used to being the packmule of a game..and shine when the oportunity shows it's self. Or quit, like i did