Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    People say you're not in the minority .. I certainly feel like I am. My boyfriend plays lots of games on the side, and he finds it weird that I only play WoW. I just don't see the point in spending money on other games when WoW keeps me entertained. I wish others felt this way.. sucks logging in on non-raid nights and rarely seeing anyone on.

My bf & I were fortunate enough to snag Blizzcon tickets this year. Hopefully in November I will finally feel like I'm not in the minority.
    I can feel the same way at times since a lot of the people I've gotten to know over the years in WoW, have grown tired of the game or they play MANY games and don't feel motivated to keep playing WoW. I on the other hand just gets more and more tangled in this game, especially now with MoP having been so much fun and I rarely have other games catch my eye...if they do, then I only get like...30 hours total out of them? My MAIN toon in this game I have played for 258 days in total. That's not counting my 11 level 90 alts as well .

So yeah...misery loves company, that's what I say when the people gone emo over WoW are trying to drag me down with them. As for you and your boyfriend...there's nothing for him to find weird, you enjoy WoW enough to not need other games...how's that weird? o.O.

Also, on the populated servers you NEVER feel in minority. I moved from a dead server to one of the most crowded, and I love it. It was like rediscovering the social part of the game all over!

It's an mmo gaming forum whose front page news is mostly about World of Warcraft and most of the posters here play, I'm not sure why you'd ask this question in a what is essentially a fan forum. You're essentially preaching to the choir.

You're not the minority.

There are a few who will post things to make you feel like you're in the minority because they say stuff like "90% of WoW players hate LFR and want it gone!" (among other things, but the biggest gripe seems to be LFR) and base that 90% number on the fact that 10 other people made "me too!" posts in those threads.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-15 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preach it, OP. /holds hands up to the sky
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as most people here like playing WoW, I'll have to voice my stance on WoW.

The reason why I'm not enjoying WoW anymore is because there's not much content for me. I don't like the commitment of PvE (tried raiding twice before, stopped raiding because twice, both guilds fell apart... yay) and besides PvP there's really NOTHING for me to do.

I tried the brawlers guild and got up to rank 8, but at that rank I reached a brick wall because of the high ilvl that's required to continue (which I'll be able to finish in 5.4 most likely, but it still annoys me how easy some classes are able of finishing the brawler guild opposed to other classes).

Archaeology I've already done. Solod most, if not all low content up to ICC, heck, I've even solod pandaria dungeons at level 86 on my DK.

So what's there for me to do now? I used to have fun by going around exploring the world, but with flying mounts added to the game (yes, Im going there), there's not much for me to -really- explore. I also can't find any random fun anywhere else (world PvP, random events started by players etc) anymore since cataclysm.

So yeah. There's really barely anything for me to do anymore besides doing some random BGs here and there and complain about the game with my friend xD

I also love the game, but I feel like focusing on your point that mmo-champ often seems negative towards WoW. I agree. I've done some thinking about why.

Some people determine an item's (game's) worth by counting and scoring the flaws. If there are too many or they are too large, the item is not worthy. This isn't "bad" or a "wrong way" to access value, and in some contexts it's very valuable. However, this critical approach does tend to focus on what *isn't* good, and a fair number of mmo-champ posters have this approach.

Others have had poor individual experiences with particular features, and begin religiously campaigning for its removal. The big problem is they don't listen or care about anecdotal evidence that goes contrary to their own anecdotal evidence. The big implication is that *they* are more valuable and trustworthy in their assessment than others.
    Others use complaints as a vehicle (subconsciously) to make themselves feel more elite. They have this perception about a hierarchy of player abilities, and their own identity is wrapped up in being as high on the hierarchy as possible. So they inflate their completely arbitrary "standing" by slapping down features that are for less hardcore mentalities.
    Some debate against features that were not designed for them.
    There's also a small group that dislike a feature and make extremely eloquent and convincing points what needs to change and why. You will find that these posts also acknowledge what *is* working, and that usually indicates they have a balanced viewpoint. These are diamonds in the rough, and if/when they fall on the right ears, I bet they make their way to Blizz dev meetings.

So given the above, I'm not surprised when I read negativity on these forums. I do try to sift through them looking for the eloquent and convincing posts, though.

So what's there for me to do now? I used to have fun by going around exploring the world, but with flying mounts added to the game (yes, Im going there), there's not much for me to -really- explore. I also can't find any random fun anywhere else (world PvP, random events started by players etc) anymore since cataclysm.
    I do understand your point of view. I used to have a lot of fun too when there seemed to be an endless array of places to explore and people to meet. And I do find myself feeling like I have nothing to do some days. But I still try to find something fun to do, even if it's only for a few minutes. And some days, it's just flying in circles, holding down the delete and up arrow key and watching the world go round.

So many good points were made in this thread. I'm glad it remained civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    So yeah. There's really barely anything for me to do anymore besides doing some random BGs here and there and complain about the game with my friend xD
    Try Rift, it's surprisingly good and F2P now.

My problem with WoW isn't that there is too little to do, it is that there is too much to do. Which isn't really a problem for me per se....just that there is this feeling like I "must" do it all, even though I don't. It's more of a community/social pressure problem than a game design problem though, I think.

Also I feel like the game has FAR too much emphasis on raid content (saying this as a progression raider), PvP gets the shaft far too often and really the two sides of the game should get equal treatment by developers.

Otherwise I'm enjoying the game and have been for many years now.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-07-15 at 10:54 PM.

No, you're not. Most people wouldn't play it otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, even the whiners who keep playing surely enjoy it still, whether or not they'd even admit to what they do like. Meh, people are so prone to focus on the negatives of anything though, one thing someone may not like and dear god the whole thing is utterly destroyed!

I play because I simply like it. I have no need to be "the best" (being able to hold by own and pull my weight is enough) or act like some kind of wannabe "pro athlete" of a video game (looking at you League of Legends), I don't take it as seriously as some do... and if that labels me as "casual," so be it. Doesn't mean I don't like a challenge or meeting a personal in-game goal, because I do. (One of the reasons I always loved the life or death Rogue class that was dependent on doing all the right things, or else.) But being a "casual" who enjoys a challenge also means I enjoy the game without getting so-called "butthurt" if I can't be particularly special over others. (Although I should note that my viewpoint is a bit skewed from the state of the game today since I'm, well...elsewhere.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I too think the game has changed for the better, but after 7 years everything feels rather easy and tedious

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR

I don't know if you're minority. I enjoy playing WoW, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I like the game a lot, and i'm playing with a guild filled with people who share your PoV. Just enjoy your free time and don't listen to much to the A'holes.

If I didn't enjoy it anymore, I wouldn't be playing. Crazy concept, I know.

The bottom line is that if you are playing the game, you enjoy it. Some people just like to bitch and moan about things, but at the end of the day, if they weren't enjoying their time in the game, they wouldn't be playing. If one's playing a game, in their free time, that they do not enjoy, then there's probably a mental issue there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

We all enjoy something in the game. It's why we are. It's just that people are more enticed to post when they are mad about something.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Deleted
    The fact that youre the majority doesn't remove or disprove the fact that a large portion of the playerbase has left the game due to questionable game design choices.

Deleted
    Agree with the OP, I still enjoy playing it, but i do miss the running with people i don't know and making new friends. When you say hi in a heroic or scenario, you get ignored, so now i don't bother (not that i run them anymore) so everything i do now is as a guild, i've known the core for a long time, we have fun, i enjoy the nights we raid and the stupid conversations on mumble.

I think the one problem is people's shitty attitudes, if we could just curb people from being just nasty at each other then it would be much better! But then human nature and everything so its not going to happen! People don't care if they are offensive, in fact the are disappointed if they are NOT found offensive! I don't understand that.

Deleted
    I enjoy playing WoW! The complainers are the minority, not the majority! Nice to see a positive thread like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinia View Post
    I may be in the minority on these forums, but I like the game and will continue to play as long as I am having fun and have friends to play with. I may question some of Blizzard's decisions at times, however my right to complain is equaled to their right to ignore my complaints. I do not want a small minority of very vocal players to determine the direction of the game and I have faith that the tools at Blizzard's disposal to analyze game play are being utilized. I say this because I disagree with the posters on this site the majority of the time and believe I would no longer enjoy the game if they had their say (like doing away with flying, like huh are you bat **** crazy? lol). I can only hope there are many many others out there that feel as I do and are just not normally vocal about it, like me.
    To me this is where you spiral out of control and get it all wrong, you really should develop around the CORE player, they come of crazy some times because they are very passionate about the game.

A recent example of this needing to be done but a company just doing what they can to try and please other people by any means (in this case being like other games) is Gears of War: Judgment.

I am a HUGE fan of the Gears games on xbox, and love to play the game online competitively its a blast, but on the roller-coaster of highs and lows from the first game to the now 4th game in the series (Judgment) they have just had the 4 steps forward 5 steps back the whole damn way, never nailing down what would truly allow this amazing game to break free and be as successful as it really could be.

Without getting of track, the simple point of how people like you were around in sometimes vanilla, most times BC and for sure wrath pre LFD when the population growth peaked in 2009.

causal players like your self where happy without all the nonsense that has been put in the game that has crippled the community with bad attitudes, so I am passionate about them re-adopting that TOP down development strategy for the game, it worked from 2004 to 2009, it would still work today!