Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A lot of people here already posted detailed technical replies, so i will offer a more simplistic one.
    wat

Are you sure this reply is supposed to be in this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Bumping the thread, since I still have a couple of questions.

1. What do you think about getting FSP Group Epsilon 85Plus 600W PSU? Are there any better alternatives than this for Rosewill Hive 550W? In 500-600W range.

2. Z87-PRO vs Z87-GD65: PRO has onboard wifi, fan control, overclocking stuff, maybe even a bit better peformance, while GD65 has only cool looks. Anyone knows more pros or cons of those 2 MoBos?

3. About the the cases:
    Looks like Cooler Master dust issues are a real problem. Considering I have a fluffy cat, I guess my case should be quite dust-proof.

Is there any particular reason not to go for Full Tower? Anything except Full Towers being a bit more expensive.

Fractal Design Define R4 looks really good and effective in terms of noise and quality, but it reminds me of some coffin
    Does it have alternatives with similar qualities, but with other appearance and maybe Full Tower?

Quote Originally Posted by ADXenomorph View Post
    1. What do you think about getting FSP Group Epsilon 85Plus 600W PSU? Are there any better alternatives than this for Rosewill Hive 550W? In 500-600W range.
    FSP Epsilon 85Plus 600W isn't on the recommended list and it doesn't meet ATX specifications at full load.

Rosewill Hive 650 $70 is currently at the same price as the 550 version.

Seasonic OEM alternatives:

Seasonic M12II 620 $80
    Antec HCG 620M $80

2. Z87-PRO vs Z87-GD65: PRO has onboard wifi, fan control, overclocking stuff, maybe even a bit better peformance, while GD65 has only cool looks. Anyone knows more pros or cons of those 2 MoBos?
    - Intel NIC (ethernet) on ASUS vs Qualcomm on MSI (Intel is considered #1 in NICs, Qualcomm is still very good though)
    - +1 chassis fan header on ASUS
    - Voltage check points on MSI
    - Chassis intrusion detection on MSI (checks to see if the case has been opened)
    - "Gaming Device Port: Optimized with Triple Gold-plating for High Polling Rate Gaming Devices" on MSI

3. About the the cases:
    Looks like Cooler Master dust issues are a real problem. Considering I have a fluffy cat, I guess my case should be quite dust-proof.

Is there any particular reason not to go for Full Tower? Anything except Full Towers being a bit more expensive.
    Full Towers are also really big. They're about 1-3" larger in every dimension.

Fractal Design Define R4 looks really good and effective in terms of noise and quality, but it reminds me of some coffin
    Does it have alternatives with similar qualities, but with other appearance and maybe Full Tower?
    The 330R and 550D are Corsair's versions of the Define R4.

NZXT's versions are the H2 and H630.

Wow. Thats what I call thorough answer
    Thanks a lot, yurano. Much appreciated.

Altough I was looking for
    And you listed cases with same looks
    Oh well. Looks like cases is mostly a matter of your own preferences. I'll have to choose one by myself.

I guess I have all the required information about the build now. I'll update the thread with final build.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my final build:
    MoBo: ASUS Z87-PRO – $199.99
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k – $239.99
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB – $74.99
    SSD: Samsung 840 256GB – $164.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – $98.99
    PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W - $89.99
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14 – $78.99
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper (SGC-5000-KWN1) Black - $159.99

Total: $1107.92

I couldn't find neither Storm Trooper with window, nor black Storm Stryker on pcpartpicker or newegg.

I chose Storm Trooper because it
    • doesn't have those HAF's dust issues due to dust filters everywhere
    • has Cooler Master's nice look
    • is a Full Tower
    • has fan controls
    • isn't overpriced

Even though it will always loose in cooling to HAF series due to weaker air flow
    Last edited by ADXenomorph; 2013-07-19 at 06:20 AM.