Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    I bet my socks, no woman volunteered to help blonde bimbo steal that bike. This makes those men look real stupid imo.
    I find this part even more interesting than the supposed racial stereotyping. She made it very clear she's stealing it. How fucking dumb do you have to be to help?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I find this part even more interesting than the supposed racial stereotyping. She made it very clear she's stealing it. How fucking dumb do you have to be to help?
    "She has boobs"

Is the argument I think the men will make.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    I bet my socks, no woman volunteered to help blonde bimbo steal that bike. This makes those men look real stupid imo.
    Agreed. I'm not surprised by bias, and I'm even less surprised that there's a chaining effect where people react in a similar fashion to how others are reacting ("oh, someone talked to that guy with the bike then walked away? Must not be a problem"), but the extent to which men just buckle at the knees when it's a pretty woman is amazing. How easy would it be for that actress to talk men into committing other, much nastier crimes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "She has boobs"

I would say this women had no reason to steal a bike. This whole situation is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Agreed. I'm not surprised by bias, and I'm even less surprised that there's a chaining effect where people react in a similar fashion to how others are reacting ("oh, someone talked to that guy with the bike then walked away? Must not be a problem"), but the extent to which men just buckle at the knees when it's a pretty woman is amazing. How easy would it be for that actress to talk men into committing other, much nastier crimes?
    Why would she need to steal a Bike herself?

"She has boobs"

She probably couldve just asked the men to give her their own bike and they would.

Oh yes it wasn't wrong at all when I was accused of stealing my own car and detained for several hours for stealing my own car. It probably wasn't wrong to say that I likely couldn't afford my car unless I was selling drugs, because well... it's just us negros right? I wouldn't expect any responses worth any worth come from Miss Dixie.

I think you'd think differently if you were black or looked black.

The whole thing about crime is that it depends on where you are. Not what race you are.
    My aunt, who is from Russia, went to a Russian store, and asked how much caviar was.
    The answer: "very expensive". It wasn't first time it happened she said.
    The assumption was made based on how she was dressed, or in other words how she looked. Maybe it wasn't racism, but it was an ism of some sort.
    My point? It happens to everybody. It's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who was born in US - you have already won the birth lottery. Maybe your life isn't perfect, but it's way better than 99% of the world. I know it's normal to want the best, and maybe you didn't win as big as a white male in US, but it's just hard for me to feel sorry for these situations.

The issue I see is that the white guy didn't get as many suspicious questions, not that the black guy got a lot more - including a call to police. The white woman? men are stupid, it's to be expected. It would be hard for someone to argue that women benefit from sexism more than men. It's just an oddball situation there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    It would be hard for someone to argue that women benefit from sexism more than men. It's just an oddball situation there.
    http://www.trendsight.com/content/view/40/204/

For every 0,70 $ she makes she decides how to spent 1,2 $
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-07-17 at 05:41 AM.

They did that and I was detained for several hours after. They didn't arrest me for trying to steal my car, I was driving it and pulled over. They said the car was reported stolen, which was a lie. If someone had tried to steal it I would have gotten a call, no call, no stealing, and I was in it. I suspect they made up a random reason for all of this, and this is why I went to sue. If it sounds outlandish it's because it was.
    This very same thing happened to a man that I work with. Here's where it gets even more outlandish: This fella that was detained was working part time for the city AND was good friends with the police chief AND had just attended the graduation party of the chief's son the very day before. When he asked to see the police chief to help clear up the situation, the police chief actually denied even knowing him. His lawsuit against the city netted him a couple hundred grand.

So yeah, it does happen, unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I would say this women had no reason to steal a bike. This whole situation is a lie.

Why would she need to steal a Bike herself?
    What do you mean why would a woman need to steal a bike? For the same reason everyone steals a bike. To either ride it or sell it. This whole "nah, women cannot commit crimes" bullshit has to end, especially when this video ironically proves that your mentality causes certain groups of people to get away with crimes without even making it into the court.