Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best race for warlocks in 5.4

Im saying Dwarf with our defensive's being nerfed I really think stone form is going to help out a lot 10% dmg reduction for 15sec on a min cd on top of two piece pvp trinket 10% dmg reduction and unending resolve it will be awesome what do you guys think?

PVE still going to be troll > orc > rest or worgen > rest for alliance. PVP the human racial certainly just got devalued by the pvp 2pc trinket bonus. Still it lets you use the proc trinket + on use one vs the classic trinket. Dorf locks might be good for pvp especially vs something like feral/xxx. Probably the defensive option vs human as the offensive option (for ally).

Deleted
    Go Horde. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    PVE still going to be troll > orc > rest or worgen > rest for alliance. PVP the human racial certainly just got devalued by the pvp 2pc trinket bonus. Still it lets you use the proc trinket + on use one vs the classic trinket. Dorf locks might be good for pvp especially vs something like feral/xxx. Probably the defensive option vs human as the offensive option (for ally).
    How is the human racial devalued? Any pvp trinket contributes to the 10% bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    How is the human racial devalued? Any pvp trinket contributes to the 10% bonus.
    The wording of the set bonus doesn't indicate that at the moment, and if you take it very literally there's actually only 2 specific trinkets that have the names required by the bonus, and both of them have the on use stun break.

My guess is Blizz is still working on the precise implementation of the trinkets, or have not yet figured the wording out. I doubt they haven't thought of the impact of the human racial on trinket selection.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The wording of the set bonus doesn't indicate that at the moment, and if you take it very literally there's actually only 2 specific trinkets that have the names required by the bonus, and both of them have the on use stun break.

My guess is Blizz is still working on the precise implementation of the trinkets, or have not yet figured the wording out. I doubt they haven't thought of the impact of the human racial on trinket selection.
    I guess it isn't directly in a blue post but under Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17124 it says...

There is an new PvP trinket item set. Every PvP trinket will contribute to the set, not just the two listed on the page.

I could be missing something in the context though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I guess it isn't directly in a blue post but under Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17124 it says...

There is an new PvP trinket item set. Every PvP trinket will contribute to the set, not just the two listed on the page.

I could be missing something in the context though?
    Currently on the ptr and any 2 pvp trinkets count for it. running with the proc and on use with unbound will for pvp there

Why

What makes worgen best alliance lock class if crit is last stat why wouldn't a bigger mana pull plus extra hit from either a dagger or sword be better

10+ Year Old Account
    humans only because grinding rep is a pain in the ass.

although I will go worgen simply because he looks best in the outfit i am transmog'd into and looking good is more important than all other considerations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggum View Post
    What makes worgen best alliance lock class if crit is last stat why wouldn't a bigger mana pull plus extra hit from either a dagger or sword be better
    the bigger mana pool means basically nothing to warlocks, it is a benefit to healers (monks and priests), slightly to mages, and nothing to warlocks.

1% crit rating is worth 600 transferrable stat points
    1% expertise is worth 340 transerrable stat points (and if a staff drops that is better than your dagger/sword, would you not equip it?)

so worgen > Gnome > All (for PvE)

Escape artist and dark flight are both nice, but both less useful than Every Man For Himself

Human > all (for PvP)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-17 at 04:25 PM.

Human should still win in pvp. 1% hit from swords + being able to take 2x dps pvp trinkets is still pretty strong. (this presumes they fix things to make pvp trinkets best for pvp which is a big "IF" atm)

PVE troll > orc > all.....worgen if you are ally. The reason I say worgen for pve is the mobility of darkflight and 1% crit is worth something. 1% hit is less important especially when bis weapons for T15 have been staves. Who knows for 5.4 but the mobility gain is hard to quantify but very useful (yes even with burning rush)

That's helpful to know as my lock is a Orc now but will be going alliance soon and I knew the mana pool wasn't a big deal but didn't know that crit gave more trans % so thank you worgen it is although I do love the lock of gnomes being smaller then their pets

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Orc and Troll were about even?

Berserking is great but doesn't line up with Dark Soul. Bloodfury on the other hand does.
    bosses that benefit from Beast Slaying is a more rare situation than Bosses benefitting from Command+Grimoire of Supremacy is.

(did they fix the wand granting expertise to orcs thing?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    (did they fix the wand granting expertise to orcs thing?)
    Fixed in 5.1 iirc
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

the 20% buff to haste for 10 secs is nice as a troll but really it's not going to raise your dps to obnoxious levels. Racials never really have, it might make a huge difference if you run a perfect rotation 100% of the time. But if you slack off, it doesn't really matter whether you have that extra 10 second cooldown or not.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    humans only because grinding rep is a pain in the ass.

although I will go worgen simply because he looks best in the outfit i am transmog'd into and looking good is more important than all other considerations.

- - - Updated - - -

the bigger mana pool means basically nothing to warlocks, it is a benefit to healers (monks and priests), slightly to mages, and nothing to warlocks.

1% crit rating is worth 600 transferrable stat points
    1% expertise is worth 340 transerrable stat points (and if a staff drops that is better than your dagger/sword, would you not equip it?)

so worgen > Gnome > All (for PvE)

Escape artist and dark flight are both nice, but both less useful than Every Man For Himself

Human > all (for PvP)
    I'm sorry, but your logic is entirely too logical and just no damn fun. Gnomes are THE best lock to have for a demo lock, for the simple fact that no other race goes from itty-bitty to OMFGDEMONSIZE! like a gnome. That alone is worth all the bonuses and dps you can shake a stick at.
    tldr:I be gnomin, and they try punting, and I RAWRRRRRRRRRRMETACRUSHTHEM!!!!!!!!!!
    lulz yah worgen (troll on horde)...sorry, I had a moment.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I'm sorry, but your logic is entirely too logical and just no damn fun. Gnomes are THE best lock to have for a demo lock, for the simple fact that no other race goes from itty-bitty to OMFGDEMONSIZE! like a gnome. That alone is worth all the bonuses and dps you can shake a stick at.
    tldr:I be gnomin, and they try punting, and I RAWRRRRRRRRRRMETACRUSHTHEM!!!!!!!!!!
    lulz yah worgen (troll on horde)...sorry, I had a moment.
    Except, you know. Goblins.

To be fair the question was asked from a logical standpoint not a gnome fanaticism standpoint
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    if you pick up ENGI you pretty much have the orc racial with synapse springs so going troll is worth it esp for demo and affliction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    if you pick up ENGI you pretty much have the orc racial with synapse springs so going troll is worth it esp for demo and affliction
    Doesnt blood fury stack with synapse?

Best race is what you enjoy the most looking at! For me thats an Orc and for the Alliance it would be Worgen right now.
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Doesnt blood fury stack with synapse?
    yes but with troll and ENGI u pretty much get the best of both worlds.