Deleted

A possible solution to wow's many levels.

I have had an idea for a longer time about wow's level's and coming expansions and I have decided I should post it on mmo-champion today to hear what others are thinking about it ^^.

I think WoW could use some new sort of fresh experience and a new way of doing levels. The newest expansion (assuming it's a burning legion expansion but fill in your own expansion) everyone would come to the new content. But what's up? Everyone that goes to this continent is level 1 once again, moving to Azeroth would make you level 90 again.

A new leveling system would open up once you enter this new continent "the path of the titans" all classes stay the same but there will be some differences. Everyone arriving on this continent will get a new low level gearset mostly consisting of some greens but nothing noteworthy. Their talents and skills would be gone and they get treated like a level 1 on the path of the titans.

So what is this path of the titans? It's a new manner of leveling. On the old zones you would still be 90 with all your old level 90 gear and skills but on this continent you get new and fresh skill bars and all your gear gets wiped, your proffesions will get the same treatment (level 1 in the path of the titans) and gear dropping here will have the "burning legion" tag, only burning legion gear can be acquired here. (special action houses including this gear will be in place)

So a short summary, what is the path of the titans (but this is not it)

*A fresh start for everyone. Level 30 new levels. But there is good news, you don't have to be 90 on azeroth to go to this continent. Once you are atleast level 60 you can start in the new expansion.
    *All old gear, spells and talents are stored on the old world. You can keep your gold and bags though.
    *A way will be included to transmog your other gear on the burning legion gear.
    *Burning legion tag gets introduced, works only on this continent. Special banktabs and Action house are included.

So what is the difference from the old azeroth?

*New talent system on this world
    *No more racials on this world, a new system is being put in place
    *Many new spells and class revamps.
    *New proffesion tiers.

So how would it work?

I am using a rogue class to explain how it would work. You enter the burning legion world. You hear that "power weaves differently here" and you see you have a green 1 next to your normal level. You wear green level pants, boots, shirt and 2 daggers. You hear 30 new levels are to be acquired here. Various zones have been opened up. The only skills you would still have are some basic skills like Sinister Strike and Eviscerate. The first thing you do is choosing a new spec, combat assasination or Sublety. As a rogue you will immediatly notice combat is a tank spec on this world. A paladin would notice holy is instead a ranged support spec using strength. (to remove intellect plate) After that you see a new talent window poping up looking alot like the old one. There are 7 titans of which you can choose 3 "titans" everyone picks from the same pool. You will have 31 points to invest in these trees which will slowly be gained during the new quests. After this you have a choice from 25 "vanity" spells you may choose 2. This would be the new racials on this world.

During your leveling you will see not all spells from your old class have come to this world and new ones have been added. For rogues fan of knives would be changed to "ring of stars" (Unleash a ring of stars traveling in all directions. Enemies hit take X damage) and sublety will have an opener called "flash of fate" (Burns the target, dealing X damage, damage is increased by 5% for Y seconds) many new skills will have titanic names and influences. These abilities will make use of the titanpower stat which will be usefull for all classes. The titanpower stat is a skill that makes your titanic abilities stronger and is a new stat to make statting more interesting for classes, it will have a 15% cap besides this. Expertise and hit are also rolled into one stat on this world but will now require a higher percentage then they did before. (7.5 would go to 11% for instance)

So a short summary of my idea for a new leveling system :

*New world new chances
    *Some class overhaul, talent's gone, specs stay
    *New titan tree system
    *30 new levels
    *Many new abilities stats and gear
    *A huge new world to explore
    *Endgame activities to bring old world gear into this world
    *Fixing many problems classes might have.
    *Making it easier for alts to come into the endgame with the endgame being accesible at 60.
    *Pandaria will stay usefull in the next expansion thus giving players another activity.
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2013-07-16 at 08:57 PM.

I think this idea actually has a lot of potential. It's a way to give that new feel to the game without having to drudge through the old zones you've done a million times already.

I would also like to see lots of incentives to group up while leveling. Currently, there are none...

Sounds pretty cool.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like this. It has potential and can make it so we're not doing crazy amounts of damage next xpac.

I forgot the term blizzard used for that (the massive difference between stats on gear from one expansion to the next).

There is some original thinking here, but I'm not sure it would be healthy for the game long-term. You're essentially suggesting a second game be overlaid over the top of the original. At that point, it would probably be better to either make a sequel, or revamp the entire original to compensate for these things getting out of hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Interesting idea... Almost like a prestige class or a paragon level.

My only concern is that it might be a bit immersion breaking to feel like you are fully starting over (in your example) and then going back to being a "badass" depending on what zone you are in.

I would also ask if players would have access to the newly gained "Path of Titans" stuff when outside the new world? That too could be immersion breaking as you are flipping back and forth between skill sets. Which could lead to players spending all of their time in the new area, thus making the new area a SW or Org equivalent.

I dunno, that could just be me. Still, an interesting idea.
    I think that this path of the titans should only be on the new world. Blizzard could think differently and decide to add some rewards to the old world (like a way to bring gear over to the new world or unlock some of these new spells on the normal azeroth). You will also be able to see someone's level and their path of the titans level on the old world. But what a good point is that the old world might just be abandoned entirely. A possible solution would be to add some content to the old world aswell. Like having this daily quest hub offering cool level 30 path of the titans rewards and a quick way of getting your valor but only for those who have leveled their characters to 90 can do this content. It might be some sort of island off the coast near Vashj'ir to name something.

I think that would actually work out well with the idea of blizzard that some traveling is required to play the game properly. So once you are level 30 with the path of the titans you can have all kinds of max level content but some of faster content (like faster valor points or faster gold) would still require you to be level 90 and use your old character. You could even still do the old pandaria raids on that character for who likes to do that. Besides that there could be some other incentives to stay on the old world. Like having the action house only on the old world and spreading important vendors and some new dungeons (For challenge modes) on the old world aswell just to keep the incentive to go to the old world there.

To comment on the group thing. I think with this 30 levels of path of the titans there could be more room to add the new stuff the game has invented. Like scenario's you could do while leveling.
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2013-07-17 at 01:58 PM.

I'm not too sure about it. It feels good to build on previous accomplishments. Having a separate progression path would make things feel a bit disconnected from the rest of the game, unless the style of play is also vastly different.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    That is a problem for this feature aswell. But I think some great and fun content could be brought into the game by letting people work on bringing those items back into their path of the titans selves. Like being able to use old level 60 weapons with new titan stats on it for instance. I think it has both pro's and con's. But I do agree somewhat with what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I'm not too sure about it. It feels good to build on previous accomplishments. Having a separate progression path would make things feel a bit disconnected from the rest of the game, unless the style of play is also vastly different.
    What previous accomplishments are you really building on in a new expansion though (that has any real meaning)? Every expansion pretty much resets just about everything. Plots are all independent, replace epic gear with green gear, new mats for farming, etc... I'm sure there are some exceptions, but it seems like a vast majority of accomplishments are expansion independent. Just curious...

10+ Year Old Account
    My character should feel like my character always, not just on some mythical titan continent. How do you still identify as yourself when you are disjointing my character from myself. Different abilities? Different (removed) talents etc. How does this idea work with PvP, is that considered oldworld or new?

It just feels like the idea would be too disjointed.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. What about scaling Level 30 or 60 (or whatever) players up to the same Level, and that Path is just an alternate path to your Azeroth progression?
    Personally I wouldn't want to grind through all previous expansions.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    There will be different brackets for level titan pvp and normal pvp. So you can participate both at level 90 pvp and at the 1-5/6-10/11-15/16-20/21-25/25-29/30 brackets. Also there will be ways to recover your old character, in the form of endgame content. A new faction would be added to Azeroth called "the Titan's guild" placed in a new zone where you will be able to gain rep with this faction and gather special reagents to bring items over to the new world. Possibilities are old weapons (you don't need to have them), your transmog set, vanity items and various dungeon and raid gear. (these would require special tokens dropped in titanlevel 30 dungeons and raids)

@rhywolver I don't think that would work very well. I think it should still stay important to do the other continent but you wouldn't have to. Those who are level 90 will level 1.5x faster on the new continent then those who don't and those who are level 90 will be able to transfer items from Azeroth to the new continent as a new form of endgame content that isn't necissarly progression.