Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    None. I clearly states other countries. Not states. I feel like you're trying to dodge my question here.
    Fine, which countries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fine, which countries?
    I'm told that at least one of the Scandinavian countries does not allow you to kill another human under any circumstance. But no, I'm not going to waste time searching for which one when you're blatantly trying to get out of answering my question. And I find that odd, since I thought you were always up for a good debate.

You made the claim.

Now what question am I avoiding?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It would likely mean that you had to prove that the measures you took to defend yourself was proportionate to the perceived threat. So as an example, you could only get away with shooting the person you're up against if they were also armed with a gun or deadly weapon (for example a knife). If you shot a person who was unarmed you would be able to be charged with murder or manslaughter because your self-defence measure was totally out of proportion to the threat.

Stand Your Ground is an extension of Castle Doctrine to include attacks on your person.
    Anything can be a deadly weapon. For instance, Zimmerman's head being beaten into the ground.. The ground and Trayvon's hands were both extremely dangerous weapons.

They didn't use Stand Your Ground for the Zimmerman case. It was just self defense.
    When are people going to start realizing facts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm told that at least one of the Scandinavian countries does not allow you to kill another human under any circumstance. But no, I'm not going to waste time searching for which one when you're blatantly trying to get out of answering my question. And I find that odd, since I thought you were always up for a good debate.
    that has to suck if you live in that country and get your face beaten by someone

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    You know how quickly someone with a knife can close the distance standing just 8 meters away?
    Mythbusters did basically exactly this test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzeyO3pGzw

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Anything can be a deadly weapon. For instance, Zimmerman's head being beaten into the ground.. The ground and Trayvon's hands were both extremely dangerous weapons.
    If Zimmerman's head had been repeatedly smashed into the ground he would have been too concussed to aim his gun at a barn wall from inside a barn, let alone hit it.

If Zimmerman's head had been repeatedly smashed into the ground he would have been too concussed to aim his gun at a barn wall from inside a barn, let alone hit it.
    how many concussions have you diagnosed in your professional career?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    how many concussions have you diagnosed in your professional career?
    You don't need a medical degree to know that somebody that has had his head smashed repeatedly into a concrete pavement isn't going to able to perform any action requiring even the slightest degree of hand-eye coordination >.>

You don't need a medical degree to know that somebody that has had his head smashed repeatedly into a concrete pavement isn't going to able to perform any action requiring even the slightest degree of hand-eye coordination >.>
    sure you do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    sure you do
    Actually the point is mute because he was shot with the barrel against him, so i don't think aiming was needed was it?

Probably why he didn't know he even hit Martin.

It's pretty hard to miss at point blank range with someone on top of you imo.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb83 View Post
    Doesn't Holder have to be put under review for breaking the First Amendment? Even my sibling, a die-hard Dem, called his actions that.
    How did Holder limit people's right to free speech?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.