Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

PvE trinkets are going to ruin 5.4

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8367751?page=1 For the us.bnet topic about it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7795779650 For the eu.bnet topic about it.
    http://i.imgur.com/EZyca8t.png Just an example of a crit that happens with the trinket..
    When does blizzard learn, do not allow PvE trinkets into pvp, it will just cause massive imbalances and causes further balance issues in pvp. Dont give me the usual "but blizzard wants pve people to do pvp", if so buy pvp trinkets, its that simple.

You need to remember that they will be massively downscaled in PVP, and even more so in the beginning since the allowed item-level in PVP instances will be at the current level to start with and then slowly move up over time. That's downcaling by almost 60 ilvl for the normal mode versions of the trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You need to remember that they will be massively downscaled in PVP, and even more so in the beginning since the allowed item-level in PVP instances will be at the current level to start with and then slowly move up over time. That's downcaling by almost 60 ilvl for the normal mode versions of the trinkets.
    the picture with 300k crit is after the downscale.. it still adds somewhere around 40% crit damage, mastery, haste & crit after the downscaling.

So much easier to make them not proc at all in pvp zones or not being able to equip them at all, would save so much time from trying to balance them out which wont happen ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make all the posts you want, this will still go live just like all the other op shit from every other ptr before this. They will realize it's broken 2 months into 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    i complaining about this a thread someone made back when they came out.. but they're not as crazy as i thought - still better than -10% / pvp dmg trink and everyone almost without except in arena that i've seen is using them, but they're not that much crazier that than the existing pve ones..if that says anything :/.

outside or arena tho.. i hit 300-400k chaos bolts on people with demon soul when triple stat boost trink procs..ive hit a few 200k evis' on rouge no idea what happened there.. usually around 80-140k. should be noted thats with pve gear on in world.. alot of it is that.

basically.. world pvp is horrible on ptr.. cant even duel, it's too dumb :[.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-07-15 at 01:54 PM.

i find the irony that pvp was more balanced when pve gear was rampant then it is now when almost no pve gear is used quite entertaining.

people said that about trinkets this tier too, and they haven't had a particularly huge effect.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    the new pvp gear will be 516 so all pve gear will be scalled to that and no pvpr will have accest to that ilvl of gear

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    the new pvp gear will be 516 so all pve gear will be scalled to that and no pvpr will have accest to that ilvl of gear
    PVP Gear is at 522, and is not scaled in arena or bg's. PVE gear is scaled to 512 in Bg's and Arena. That picture is WITH the down scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    PVP Gear is at 522, and is not scaled in arena or bg's. PVE gear is scaled to 512 in Bg's and Arena. That picture is WITH the down scaling.
    either the ilvl of pvp gear will change or they will increase the ilvl of the gear from lfr as the pvp gear has always been lower that lfr gear for that teir i was takinmg that into acount there

remember its at ptr stage so thing are likly to change i dont pvp but i know many that do.

the problen is that resiliance is no longer on pvp gear and with most pvers that do pvp will have 522 gear and if im corect about the way they set the ilvl of pvp gear the pve gear will have way better gear that the pvprs ( this dose not in anyway shape or form mean pve gear will beat pvp gear) skill still needs to be accounted for

also it dosent matter what pve gear is scalled to next season as the curent seasons gear is 496 and if im right about the way the gearing works for pvp with CP you can only get 1 peice a week so even if its scaled to 512 pvprs will still be behind pvers for a good few weeks
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-07-14 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    When does blizzard learn, do not allow PvE trinkets into pvp, it will just cause massive imbalances and causes further balance issues in pvp. Dont give me the usual "but blizzard wants pve people to do pvp", if so buy pvp trinkets, its that simple.
    Trinkets = Compensation for loss of the Legendary Meta, carry on with pointless debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Trinkets = Compensation for loss of the Legendary Meta, carry on with pointless debate.
    What? The last season of an expansion has always seen stupid PVE gear ruining PVP, this is nothing to do with compensation for metas. My guess is Blizzard is refusing to ban certain PVE gear in PVP because they're covering the backs of ultra-casuals PVEers who don't even read tooltips properly - Blizzard doesn't want them joining PVP games and not realising bits of their gear are giving 0 stats. Surely that's the only explanation?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    They should finally ban pve trinkets and end all this issues, but hey, its blizzard. 5.4. is currently looking to be horrible on the ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/355818952313667584
    Holinka had tweeted that there will be a solution for this

Quote Originally Posted by thebusiness View Post
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/355818952313667584
    Holinka had tweeted that there will be a solution for this
    "There will be some solution for the PvE trinkets and PvE set bonuses in PvP."

Maybe I'm trying to read between the lines too much, but does anything else think the words 'some solution' sounds a bit like they're not really too concerned? There's so much uproar on the forums/twitter that you'd think they'd be trying to calm the situation down (rather than a single tweet two days ago). Maybe I'm just being paranoid, I just really don't have the energy to go through another crappy season and as it stands S14 will be one of the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh possibly reading between the lines a bit much, arena junkies I believe even cancelled a stream due to the trinkets one shotting people. Lately it does seem Holinka and who ever else has been keeping in contact with people from AJ and top pvp players via tweets and what have you.
    Again tho if nothing is done, you are correct it will be a crappy season

Deleted
    Gear is capped at 496 in all pvp instances. So that trinket will amount to crap on a stick compared to the actual pvp trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Gear is capped at 496 in all pvp instances. So that trinket will amount to crap on a stick compared to the actual pvp trinkets.
    No, all the crazy 2shots are being done in PVP instances on the PTR - they are insane AFTER they have been capped and as it stands nobody in their right mind would consider taking PVP trinkets over PVE trinkets. World PVP will be dominated by PVE gear to a bigger extent which is also a pathetic situation - wellfare epics being superior to elite PVP gear is a joke.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-07-14 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    The new ilvls I believe are 522 for pvp and 512 for pve.
    This is after scale downs...

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    No, all the crazy 2shots are being done in PVP instances on the PTR - they are insane AFTER they have been capped and as it stands nobody in their right mind would consider taking PVP trinkets over PVE trinkets. World PVP will be dominated by PVE gear to a bigger extent which is also a pathetic situation - wellfare epics being superior to elite PVP gear is a joke.
    The cap is 512 which it will also build up to on Live. However, it'll start at the current 496 and then gradually increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geeh guys, ptr ain't over yet and they aren't done with the trinkets yet. It won't go live like this, especially not with how many people complain
    >.<