Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[QLD, Australia] Dad released on bail for Tourture of child

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...leased-on-bail

An Indonesian man accused of whipping his son with an electrical cable and forcing him to eat a hot chilli has been released from custody on the condition his contact with the boy is supervised.

The man, who cannot be named to protect his eight-year-old son's identity, was granted bail in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
    He will be taken to an immigration detention centre, Legal Aid lawyer Angelique Clarey told the court.
    The man lived in Brisbane's northern suburbs and has a wife and young baby.
    He was arrested in May and charged with torture and assault occasioning bodily harm while armed.
    He was shocked to discover such discipline is illegal in Australia, his then duty lawyer told the court last month.
    A hearing has been set down for August 18.

He should of been kept in jail i reckon
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Deleted
    Hot chili as disciplining tool ? Well, at least you can say he's got imagination.

Must be pretty shocking to find out you can't torture your own child. The horror.

The chili thing I don't get but call me crazy for seeing the beating of his kid as more as discipline and not torture.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    The chili thing I don't get but call me crazy for seeing the beating of his kid as more as discipline and not torture.
    You're crazy. Using a Electric Cable? Eating a Hot Chili? Seriously you can't say that's discipline with a straight face.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    An Indonesian man accused of whipping his son with an electrical cable and forcing him to eat a hot chilli
    Okay the cable is obviously bad, but forced to eat hot chilli? Isn't that just called being Indonesian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Do you know how much he beat him? Maybe the authorities have a closer view on the situation than you do?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...leased-on-bail

An Indonesian man accused of whipping his son with an electrical cable and forcing him to eat a hot chilli has been released from custody on the condition his contact with the boy is supervised.

The man, who cannot be named to protect his eight-year-old son's identity, was granted bail in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
    He will be taken to an immigration detention centre, Legal Aid lawyer Angelique Clarey told the court.
    The man lived in Brisbane's northern suburbs and has a wife and young baby.
    He was arrested in May and charged with torture and assault occasioning bodily harm while armed.
    He was shocked to discover such discipline is illegal in Australia, his then duty lawyer told the court last month.
    A hearing has been set down for August 18.

He should of been kept in jail i reckon
    So you want to change the legislation I reckon? Which is fine.
    From the layout of your post it seems you are angry at what is happening when all they can do is following the law.

"He should" doesnt mean jack shit.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're crazy. Using a Electric Cable? Eating a Hot Chili? Seriously you can't say that's discipline with a straight face.
    Depends on the cable. If it's on of the smaller core one's then it's just like if you were beating him with a belt. Which is ok. If it's one of the heavier cores though...then yeah I could see it as torture.

But thing is that so many countries flip their lids over the idea of striking children that it's not hard to see what he was doing as getting blown out of proportion.
    STRESS

Damn these cultural boundaries!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In all honesty I can't say it is too far fetched. When I was a Child I got the Belt if I was overly bad, and If i swore I got hot sauce on my tongue. Kind of seems like a much more hardcore version of basic discipline. Must be from the Middle East.

"I would die to win, But I am born to lose."

Quote Originally Posted by Mempha View Post
    In all honesty I can't say it is too far fetched. When I was a Child I got the Belt if I was overly bad, and If i swore I got hot sauce on my tongue. Kind of seems like a much more hardcore version of basic discipline. Must be from the Middle East.

Same here, only I got my mouth washed out with soap. Kid's these days are treated like fine china and realise they can get away with anything short of murder.
    STRESS

Depends on the cable. If it's on of the smaller core one's then it's just like if you were beating him with a belt. Which is ok. If it's one of the heavier cores though...then yeah I could see it as torture.

But thing is that so many countries flip their lids over the idea of striking children that it's not hard to see what he was doing as getting blown out of proportion.
    If it was just a light beating but if even light beating is against the law then it's not blown out of proportion.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

You've obviously never been whipped with an electrical cable. The small ones sting like crazy and have a greater chance of breaking the skin, i'll take a thicker one any day. As for beating a kid with a belt (or electrical cable), you do that here and you go to jail. There is a difference between discipline and unnecessary violence.

Deleted
    Look. Guys, In indonesia, the culture is bit different. If you'd go and tell a man who is the head of the family there that he cannot discipline his own son, the whole village would laugh at your face, they really dont know how the 'western' world handles things.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    You've obviously never been whipped with an electrical cable. The small ones sting like crazy and have a greater chance of breaking the skin, i'll take a thicker one any day. As for beating a kid with a belt (or electrical cable), you do that here and you go to jail. There is a difference between discipline and unnecessary violence.

Cable no, but I was raised under corporal punishment both at home AND in school. And if it doesn't hurt/sting, then it's a pointless exercise. The point when I realised that children in the so called "civilised" countries were out of control was when a child said to his father, who had his hand raised as if he was going to strike him, "I'll call the police".
    STRESS

The point when I realised that children in the so called "civilised" countries were out of control was when a child said to his father, who had his hand raised as if he was going to strike him, "I'll call the police".
    I weep for you that you cannot live in a world where violence upon children is accepted anymore.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-07-17 at 02:45 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cable no, but I was raised under corporal punishment both at home AND in school. And if it doesn't hurt/sting, then it's a pointless exercise. The point when I realised that children in the so called "civilised" countries were out of control was when a child said to his father, who had his hand raised as if he was going to strike him, "I'll call the police".
    I said that to my mother once (although it was child services and not the police) and she hit me even harder. She even hit me with a piece of wood with a nail in the end of it once. Violence =/= Discipline. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I weep for you that you cannot live in a world where violence upon children is accepted anymore.
    There is violence and then there's discipline. They're two very different animals.

And, as I said in another thread, it seems to make parents all the more eager to simply kick their kids out of the house when they come of age since that is the one thing they can completely control. How different is that?
    STRESS

10+ Year Old Account
    Well a power cable isn't that different from a belt, though the plug-end could cause some serious damage.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.