Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Smile The theme for the next expansion is Burning Legion.

And I can't wait!

Ye - The lore of WOW is not too complicated... and tbc is very outdated now. So ofc they have to go back there. They are still trying to sell ppl TBC feeling that so many liked.

But what the The Burdens of Shaohao has told me... is the Asian theme is getting very boring in WOW.... Next expansion needs to come out in next 6 months or many more subs will be lost.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-08-10 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt proove burning legion is next expansion, could be the 100th expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

No, the time is here, 10,000 years later. It is now happening.
    All these stories are building a bridge to the next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't add bridges to another subject (Burning Legion) in this expansion, when you clearly have no interactions with the (subject) Burning Legion. That's dumb and pointless.

Of course the next step will be the Burning Legion, as that doesn't fit into this expansion, the bridges make it fit for the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Po the Monk View Post
    They don't add bridges to another subject (Burning Legion) in this expansion, when you clearly have no interactions with the (subject) Burning Legion. That's dumb and pointless.
    Actually Blizzard is pretty well known for starting paths to things that dont end up forming anything.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Actually Blizzard is pretty well known for starting paths to things that dont end up forming anything.
    You are talking about an expansion that we play now, which was made ​​when they already knew what the next expansion is, and there after again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Doesnt proove burning legion is next expansion, could be the 100th expansion.
    I think the recent Burdens of Shaohao kinda hint at the legion return. He says at the end*spoiler?* that his people aren't ready and need time to learn what he has learned. And I'm thinking after 5.4 that a lot of people on Azeroth walk away with those lessons(especially the last lesson of pride).

So we're all ready xD

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I think the recent Burdens of Shaohao kinda hint at the legion return. He says at the end*spoiler?* that his people aren't ready and need time to learn what he has learned. And I'm thinking after 5.4 that a lot of people on Azeroth walk away with those lessons(especially the last lesson of pride).

So we're all ready xD
    It's not just coincidence that they made ​​these videos about Burdens of Shaohao now.
    And they can't be more clear in their writings than they are, with what Shaohao says.

To expect anything else is to be foolish.

My guess is that The Burning Legion xpac will be the one after next. Blizzard will have planned out the next 2 expansions from MoP during it's development no doubt, so it wouldn't be too difficult for them to build up to the burning legion through MoP and the next expansion. Plus the throw off line from Wrathion in 5.4 stating that "maybe another year or two of fighting" in terms of the horde and alliance uniting for the "oncoming battle".

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    My guess is that The Burning Legion xpac will be the one after next. Blizzard will have planned out the next 2 expansions from MoP during it's development no doubt, so it wouldn't be too difficult for them to build up to the burning legion through MoP and the next expansion. Plus the throw off line from Wrathion in 5.4 stating that "maybe another year or two of fighting" in terms of the horde and alliance uniting for the "oncoming battle".
    It gets a bit boring and tiring if you want us to have another expansion where they throw around hints about the Burning Legion while we deal with another threat, oh wait.

That's actually what we do right now.
    So you believe we will just, repeat this process again?

Deal with some other threat as we get hints and warnings about the return of the Burning Legion?

15+ Year Old Account
    It gets a bit boring and tiring if you want us to have another expansion where they throw around hints about the Burning Legion while we deal with another threat, oh wait.

Deal with some other threat as we get hints and warnings about the return of the Burning Legion?
    It doesnt make sense to have so many references to Azshara in Cataclysm, only to not have her resurface again until 3 expansions later after weve ventured all across Pandaria and destroyed waves of an invading alien force of unimaginable power.

Metzen has already said, when he presented the cinematic for Mists of Pandaria, that this is the "calm before the storm".
    If no one gets that the Legion is the storm, and Pandaria is the calm.
    Then so be it, at least I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    It doesnt make sense to have so many references to Azshara in Cataclysm
    Yes, that makes sense. Blizzard has already confirmed this.
    Vashj'ir was the first step, and next they had planned was a raid that of course would have link with Azshara.
    But they changed plans and made Firelands instead, this is confirmed. Just google it.

Not hints per say, but more of a greater build up. I wouldn't be surprised if Azshara isn't the main of the next expansion, with a gigantic build up with her summoning the legion again.

I mean, she's been left alone for 10,000 years after essentially failing to summon the legion fully... You really think she hasn't been plotting this entire time and ensuring greater fail safes?
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2013-08-10 at 11:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that makes sense. Blizzard has already confirmed this.
    Vashj'ir was the first step, and next they had planned was a raid that of course would have link with Azshara.
    But they changed plans and made Firelands instead, this is confirmed. Just google it.
    Um, do you mean the Abyssal Maw raid? http://wowpedia.org/Abyssal_Maw_%28instance%29

Because that was only planned to have 3 bosses and was only designed to complete the story of the 5man.

I only said that the theme for the next expansion is Burning Legion.
    With Azshara in it or not, I have no opinion about

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Not hints per say, but more of a greater build up. I wouldn't be surprised if Azshara isn't the main of the next expansion, with a gigantic build up with her summoning the legion again.

I mean, she's been left alone for 10,000 years after essentially failing to summon the legion fully... You really think she hasn't been plotting this entire time and ensuring greater fail safes?
    Unless the Old Gods in their even worst condition than 10k years ago are ready to take on the legion, i dont think they'll have her summon them "again"

No, the time is here, 10,000 years later. It is now happening.
    All these stories are building a bridge to the next expansion.
    actually the war that was reffered to as 10 000 years later is the one that was described in warcraft 3 and ended with the killing of Archimonde. Although i do agree next expansion will be Burning Legion themed , hopefully they will throw some titans in the mix too .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Unless the Old Gods in their even worst condition than 10k years ago are ready to take on the legion, i dont think they'll have her summon them "again"
    I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't assist in helping the Legion find Azeroth again. I'd be pretty happy with an Azshara expansion, with an epic build up to the legions return with a bitch ass of a legion expansion to follow.

Not sure where people get the idea that TBC was mainly a "Burning Legion" expansion.

Yes, they were in Outland.
    Yes, there were demons there.

But the expansion was an Illidari expansion. There was Burning legion, because Illidan was entangled with the legion, but the expansion was Illidari based.
    The Herald of Horror - Act 2 intro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwjNGSsHVM

The next expansion would be most likely the Emerald Nightmare.