Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Video Game Collector or One time Seller?

Which one are you?
    Do you like the buy the Game, finish it, and sell it back to the Gamestore?
    Or do you like to keep it for Collection, on a shelf or for replay value?

I like to collect Games, but if I get a game that I would deem as horrible, I would trade it back into the gamestore.

Deleted
    I don't see why anyone would ever sell back the game they like. I just sometimes like to pick up a game even after five years or so and replay it, so selling it would just be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I don't see why anyone would ever sell back the game they like. I just sometimes like to pick up a game even after five years or so and replay it, so selling it would just be stupid.
    I'v heard alot of people buy a game, finish it over the Weekend or even in a night, and re-sell it back to the Gamestore. Becoming more and more commmon.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to play a game once and be done with it in most cases. Occasionally I'll hold on to something a bit longer if I find it has good replayability but that doesn't happen very often.

Do people actually still buy games PHYSICALLY?

*shrugs*

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Do people actually still buy PHYSICAL games?
    Yes, some of us who cant afford to pay for high amount Data prices of our Internet usages (talking about Game downloads bigger than 10GB).
    Also the fact i like to actually physically have the game in my hands, and being able to store it on my shelf.

Digital downloads, will never buy a game in a box again

10+ Year Old Account
    If I truly liked the game I'll keep it, otherwise I'll sell it. I really need to make a Gamefly account or something, because the times when I purchase a game that isn't really worth keeping are becoming more frequent. I still like owning the box art too, just like I like owning the actual book instead of having it on a tablet or something. This really only applies to console games, since I buy pretty much all my PC games on Steam.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-07-17 at 05:22 AM.

I give most of my games to friends when I'm done with them.

I don't sell my games to anyone. Even if I'm not going to play them. But then, I don't generally buy games that I'm not going to play for very long either.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I haven't bought a game with a box since I believe Wrath of the Lich King, everything I've bought since then has been downloaded.

That being said, I have over a hundred Sega Genesis/N64/PS1/2/3/Gamecube plus old PC games on a shelf. No idea how many in total, but there's certainly a lot, I've never sold any of my games back, there's simply no point, even if I am 100% sure I will never play it again, it isn't worth driving to the store for like $2. Might as well keep it, never know when something is randomly going to be worth hundreds of dollars in the future, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Yes, some of us who cant afford to pay for high amount Data prices of our Internet usages (talking about Game downloads bigger than 10GB).
    That depends though. I pay about 27 euro fixed price a month for a 30 mb/s down connection with no limit. But anyway, Steam is god. Game boxes would just take up space I don't have, and with Steam I have the ability to play all my games on it where ever I am without needing to carry them around with me. Not to mention there is no way for you to lose your games, bar Steam going bankrupt.

I've always kept them, though I rarely buy physical copies anymore outside of console games, but I still have all of my old PS2 games, etc, hell I still have all my Gameboy games from 20 years ago. While I'm always playing new games, I do in fact go back and play older games as well...if it had a really good single player campaign for example then I don't mind going back years later when I've probably forgotten a lot of it and play through it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep them, because I replay my games often.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used to do trades when I wanted new games, but I haven't really played on consoles for the longest time and selling a used computer game hasn't been possible since the 90s.

Now I just buy games for 3-5 bucks on steam and cackle like a madman as my library grows.
    BAD WOLF

*shrugs*
    Well I could have bought Assassins Creed Digitally for $25-40 but instead I bought it physically for $15. Digital Games don't always get the discounts that physical ones do, as backwards as that is.

10+ Year Old Account

*shrugs*
    Depends on your internet connection, some people are not able to download games because of data limits or as in my case where it takes 4-5 hours to download a file larger then 15GB, which is often the case with bigger production games with large budgets

Only downside is the physical space they take in my own bookcase, currently having around 40 PC games and 30-35 original xbox/gamecube games there along with numerous older console ones in cardboard boxes.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-07-17 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who thinks it's really scumbaggy to finish a game in a (couple of) days and re-sell it back to the store?

I'm fortunate to have decent internet without any lame "download cap", so I prefer buying stuff from steam. So I guess I'm more of the collector. Still got a ton of gamecube games aswell xD

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it's really scumbaggy to finish a game in a (couple of) days and re-sell it back to the store?

I'm fortunate to have decent internet without any lame "download cap", so I prefer buying stuff from steam. So I guess I'm more of the collector. Still got a ton of gamecube games aswell xD

How is it scumbaggy? You don't get back what you paid for it. At most, and if it's a generous store, you'll get like 50% of what you paid for it back.

Most games I buy are digital, so I don't really have a choice. But that may change in the near future, seeing as the EU recently concluded that re-selling of digital games should be allowed.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance