Reaction(s) to Trink Procs - Feather and Gaze

This has occurred to me a number of times - may be a silly question I don't know:

I realise (and put into practice) that if say Feather procs on a pull, you use a different opening rotation than you do otherwise. Darkfriend (sp.) referred to this in posts a number of times in the past and now I see it is embodied in the revised Fury guide above.

But it's after that I'm asking about. I have my Weak Auras telling me when one or other or both of these trinks proc down the track. Should I be altering my rotation in some way, when they do? Or is it more a case of say 'information' such that for example when Gaze comes up I know I'm going to get a truckload of RB's or whatever. How should I adjust, at these points?

Hope that makes sense.

Oh also - kind of related so I'll add it here: say on Jin'Rokh (H), Feather procs on the pull, but there's also the pool with damage buff to follow, about 40 secs or so later. Has anyone ever figured out whether you are better off holding on Reck./Dam Banner until pool, or whether to make best use of the trink right off the bat by utilising these at that point?

Deleted
    Why not post this in the sticky ?

+40% damage for the duration of all your cooldowns vs 1 "wasted" proc, ehm, is it even a question ?

Cooldown usage on Jin'Rokh depends on how long the fight will last. If you kill him in the second pool, or the second AoE phase, use cooldowns at Execute. If the boss dies in the third pool, use all cds at pull, then again for execute in the third pool. If you kill him any later then that, use your CDs in the first pool, then again for Execute.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbia73 View Post
    This has occurred to me a number of times - may be a silly question I don't know:

I realise (and put into practice) that if say Feather procs on a pull, you use a different opening rotation than you do otherwise. Darkfriend (sp.) referred to this in posts a number of times in the past and now I see it is embodied in the revised Fury guide above.

But it's after that I'm asking about. I have my Weak Auras telling me when one or other or both of these trinks proc down the track. Should I be altering my rotation in some way, when they do? Or is it more a case of say 'information' such that for example when Gaze comes up I know I'm going to get a truckload of RB's or whatever. How should I adjust, at these points?

Hope that makes sense.

Oh also - kind of related so I'll add it here: say on Jin'Rokh (H), Feather procs on the pull, but there's also the pool with damage buff to follow, about 40 secs or so later. Has anyone ever figured out whether you are better off holding on Reck./Dam Banner until pool, or whether to make best use of the trink right off the bat by utilising these at that point?
    For your Jinrokh question, warrior hit it head on. For you other question, after your opener, do not delay anything. Just go about your normal rotations. Law of averages will have that pulling ahead.

Man, speaking of feather, I went through two fights last night and only had a 15% uptime on feather. Was not happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I adjust my rotation slightly, in ways that are small but still a DPS increase. Example, if feather is proced and its a CS phase I'll heroic leap towards the end to get an extra few stacks, rather than at the start of the CS like I normally do. I might have slightly lower rage thresholds for an unbuffed WS. If the first BT after a CS phase ends crits and feather is stacking I might wait to spend the RB for a few more GCDs.

Gaze I ignore. Well, I track it but it really doesn't change my rotation.

Overall the goal is consistency. You can risk parts of your rotation and hope to get lucky, and if you do it'll be more DPS, but playing consistently is generally better. An example of risky play would be "Ok feather has 8 seconds left. I have one RB charge with less than 6 seconds, and no berserker rage. BT did not crit. Do I risk hoping for CS to crit, or do I play it safe and wait until the next BT to go into my CS phase." In that example, IF the CS crit you'd do more damage, but the chance of it happening are low, and you're more likely to end up losing DPS.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-07-17 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks guys - your responses have confirmed my own thinking and they've been most helpful - much appreciated.

I had thought about posting this to the sticky. If the moderator wants to pull it over there, then by all means.

Oh and Santa - as warrior and sjs are referring to implicitly, it's because I'm looking at the encounter on an overall basis that I asked the question there.

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbia73 View Post
    Thanks guys - your responses have confirmed my own thinking and they've been most helpful - much appreciated.

I had thought about posting this to the sticky. If the moderator wants to pull it over there, then by all means.

Oh and Santa - as warrior and sjs are referring to implicitly, it's because I'm looking at the encounter on an overall basis that I asked the question there.

Cheers.
    Yes, in the future if you have any dps-related questions, please post it in the sticky. Thanks!