Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Even Blizzard thinks the game is dieing. Inb4 the "wow still has 7mil subs" , thats not as much money as you would think because the MAJORITY of the playerbase is on asian servers and they DO NOT pay a MONTHLY FEE. So its like 3 mil on EU/US or something along those lines, gotta milk the cow before it dies yo.
    #coldhardtruth !

OT: Helm should be 5 $ MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

I would have expected 5 dollars, 10 max. I wonder if you can use these on all characters or if it's just on one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The price seems a bit too high tbh. I was expecting somewhere around $5.

A head piece shouldn't be more than half the price of a mount (which have alot of detail).

I was thinking about buying one to support Blizzard, but I'm not going to spend $15 on one. That being said, I'm not mad or anything, I just think that Blizzard needs to tone down the price a little.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I wonder if you can use these on all characters or if it's just on one.
    I completely forgot about that. $15 for a helmet on all characters still seems like a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I see. Well, here you go. The caps are not mine.
    That does not say that the fee only entitles you to the game and nothing else. It simply states that you do not own your account and that you may not use their service for commercial gain (which is standard with copyrighted material) and you may not modify their client or access their service with modified client.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I would have expected 5 dollars, 10 max. I wonder if you can use these on all characters or if it's just on one.
    All of them. It's an account item so it's good for all of your current toons and any future toons. It's basically just like a pet or mount in that regard.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    There's your mistake - you ASSUME you pay the $15 for content, but in reality if you actually read the contract/eula you pay ONLY for access.
    You pay the subscription to be able to log in and see the new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That does not say that the fee only entitles you to the game and nothing else. It simply states that you do not own your account and that you may not use their service for commercial gain (which is standard with copyrighted material) and you may not modify their client or access their service with modified client.
    Of course it does. It says you have access to the service. Period. It doesn't even entitle you to all of the game if you haven't bought the expansions. It merely allows you to access the portions of the service that you have purchased. If they decided to not provide any new content for a very long while it wouldn't change the terms of your contract with Blizzard at all. You can terminate it any time if you're unsatisfied but that is your only legal leverage.

Anything else is your personal expectation and not necessarily Blizzard's.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What does it say about the game that a whole month is worth a single transmog helm... It's like this company WANTS to be hated by it's consumers.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    How does this work though ?

You pay for a helmut and it's mailed to all characters ? Or it's like a heirloom that you have to mail over to the character you wanna use it with ?
    Mailed to each character when purchased, and additional characters will receive one in the mail like they would some achievement rewards like tabards.

The cost is not too surprising, given the precedent set by pets which until the battling were not too dis-similar in terms of scope.
    Mailed to every character, current or future on the account and usable by each of them.

Yes way overpriced for what they are
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Calling people fanbois sure makes you look intelligent.

Think I'll buy all three, just for the laugh of seeing people being all jealous that I have money to spend on whatever I want. As if 35€ or so would even be a tiny dent in a normal persons wallet.
    Actually if I'm being frank it would make me think you're a total loser. I feel the same about people who flaunt their pet store mounts. I have a job, I have the money, but that is completely not the point. If I won the PowerBall jackpot and had $600 million I would not pay $15 for a transmog helm in a game that I bought for $40 that I pay $15 a month to play. Yes Blizzard is a business and businesses make money, but I am a customer, and there are two sides to that relationship. If Blizzard wants to retain me as a customer, they're going to have to show me some respect. If they want me to continue to appreciate their products, and the products they will offer in the future, then they have to show me they appreciate me as a customer. Lately, they are doing a very poor job of convincing me that they have any respect or appreciation for me as a loyal customer, a customer who's been giving them my $15/month plus expansions since January 2006.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-07-17 at 06:33 PM.

15 USD.... hmm, nice helmets but I'll pass.

People will buy them, but the price is definitely too high for a mere helmet. Considering I can pay $10 and get a full transmog set in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the helms are rather ugly, so I won't be bothering with them at all. Besides, there's no char of mine that they would "fit" look wise.

Already seen a whole lot of people with them though, a lot of DK's with the winter one.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Of course it does. It says you have access to the service. Period. It doesn't even entitle you to all of the game if you haven't bought the expansions. It merely allows you to access the portions of the service that you have purchased. If they decided to not provide any new content for a very long while it wouldn't change the terms of your contract with Blizzard at all. You can terminate it any time if you're unsatisfied but that is your only legal leverage.

Anything else is your personal expectation and not necessarily Blizzard's.
    It makes no mention of what content you may or may not expect from your fee only that the fee entitles to access of their service, again there is no mention of what that service may entail, and that you have no legal right to ownership of your account as it remains property of Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Actually if I'm being frank it would make me think you're a total loser. I feel the same about people who flaunt their pet store mounts. I have a job, I have the money, but that is completely not the point. If I won the PowerBall jackpot and had $600 million I would not pay $15 for a transmog helm in a game that I bought for $40 that I pay $15 a month to play. Yes Blizzard is a business and businesses make money, but I am a customer, and there are two sides to that relationship. If Blizzard wants to retain me as a customer, they're going to have to show me some respect. If they want me to continue to appreciate their products, and the products they will offer in the future, then they have to show me they appreciate me as a customer. Lately, they are doing a very poor job of convincing me that they have any respect or appreciation for me as a loyal customer who's been giving them my $15/month plus expansions since January 2006.
    Exactly. They remind me of Microsoft with their recent DRM policies and the stance on used games. In the end the customer pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Of course they are expensive. That means not every single jagoff you see around town will be wearing them. They should make them $30, imo. Force an even smaller group to buy.

You can't have it both ways, ladies and gentlemen. You can't both be pissed they sell it at all AND pissed it's too expensive for most people (which, let's get real, $15 is nothing).
    I have a better idea. Let's make them 60$ so that we know whoever buys them is a big fu**ing idiot with a large wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Actually if I'm being frank it would make me think you're a total loser. I feel the same about people who flaunt their pet store mounts. I have a job, I have the money, but that is completely not the point. If I won the PowerBall jackpot and had $600 million I would not pay $15 for a transmog helm in a game that I bought for $40 that I pay $15 a month to play. Yes Blizzard is a business and businesses make money, but I am a customer, and there are two sides to that relationship. If Blizzard wants to retain me as a customer, they're going to have to show me some respect. If they want me to continue to appreciate their products, and the products they will offer in the future, then they have to show me they appreciate me as a customer. Lately, they are doing a very poor job of convincing me that they have any respect or appreciation for me as a loyal customer who's been paying giving them my $15/month plus expansions since January 2006.
    They are not disrespecting you in any way by offering additional OPTIONAL cosmetic, fun and non-game breaking options for a cost.

The "fanboy"/"fanboi" argument is simply a kneejerk reaction when a player is not agreeing with the anti-blizzard crusade.
    A player can disagree with you and still dislike decisions blizzard make. Them disagreeing with you could simply be because you are wrong.

I can't believe that there are people defending Blizzard. Then again... this won't be the first time or the last. As long as people keep buying these items, Blizz will keep making them for $.

And people were wondering why companies keep making pre-order dlc's. Because people keep pre-ordering on good will.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I have a better idea. Let's make them 60$ so that we know whoever buys them is a big fu**ing idiot with a large wallet.
    Ahahahhaha!

Edit: I bet they will sold more than milion till tomorrow...
    Last edited by Yakshamash; 2013-07-17 at 06:38 PM.