Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Either The Shield or Sons of Anarchy...tough choice between them.
    Agreed, but I'll toss Breaking Bad in there as well.

Not many really like SoA. I think they're missing out. Really well written series. If you're a fan of The Shield then SoA is in the same vein.

Battlestar Galactica!!!

but really...it's hard to say just one when there's also stuff like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Sons of Anarchy

15+ Year Old Account
    Breaking bad and Luther.

Probably would've been Dexter until the quality slipped a bit in the last few seasons. Now it might go to Breaking Bad, which started out as a good show but not in Dexter's league and has evolved into an incredible show. Though I haven't seen the latest season yet.

Hmm, I notice a distinct lack of older shows... I guess there's not much TV drama I like.

If I lived in a universe where Heroes was cancelled at the end of season one it might be a contender too... as it stands it's a contender for WORST TV show ever lol. How did it get so bad so fast? And don't say writer's strike, that was only the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    i always wanted to watch Breaking Bad but people said it was really really sad?
    Well it sure doesn't pull its punches, but it's a great show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If you're a fan of The Shield then SoA is in the same vein.
    Kurt Sutter did both. He also likes reusing actors. Lem/Gemma/Aceveda etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Luther.
    How has that show progressed? I watched season 1 and enjoyed it well enough, started season 2 and just couldn't get back into it. Does it pick up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not sure of Game of Thrones counts.
    I personally don't count shows until they complete... otherwise, GoT would be gaining ground quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wire. No contest really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    How has that show progressed? I watched season 1 and enjoyed it well enough, started season 2 and just couldn't get back into it. Does it pick up?
    Well, i love it, season 3 has been good upto now. But truthfully, if you wasn't really into season 2 i doubt you'll like the rest as it's very similar.

Dunno if it counts as drama or not.. but Twin Peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad is at the top of my list followed by The Sopranos, The Wire & Justified.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wire

Best Tv show ever.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    1. Lost
    2. Sopranos
    3. Prison Break (Season 1 and 2 only)

Probably the only syndicated TV show to ever be nominated for an Emmy award for Best Dramatic Series.

Star Trek: The Next Generation.

That show did some amazing numbers.

the pilot's ratings were higher than those of many network programs.[15] Despite the handicap of each station airing the show on a different day and time, often outside prime time, by the end of the first season Paramount received $1 million for advertising per episode, more than the approximately $800,000 fee that networks typically paid for a one-hour show;[11] by 1992, when the budget for each episode had risen to almost $2 million,[16] the studio earned $90 million from advertising annually from first-run episodes, with each 30-second commercial selling for $115,000 to $150,000.[17][18] The show had a 40% return on investment for Paramount, with $30 to $60 million in annual upfront net profit for first-run episodes and another $70 million for stripping rights for each of the about 100 episodes then available, so it did not need overseas sales to be successful.

Despite all the handicaps of syndication, TNG was a mint for Paramount. This was a license to print money, it was so popular.

A lot of what TNG did paved the way for other shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spartacus with Andy Whitfield in the main role. No other show moved along at a such a fearless pace. No other show has managed to top itself week after week to the most satisfying season ending climax! No other show had so much action and titillation, yet also real drama and humor, and the performances to back it up.

His cock rages on!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Life On Mars (UK) and sequel show Ashes to Ashes. great story, great characters, great twists and unlike a lot of the best TV shows a great ending

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    While some may consider M.A.S.H. a sitcom, it had more than enough drama-ish moments to definitely be worth a vote here. I grew up watching it (it was mydad's favorite show) and it is one of the best t.v. shows ever made

Deadwood is my favorite show of all time.

And I hate westerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    M*A*S*H for me.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

6 feet under. Loved that show.

Deleted
    Babylon 5

This sentence is to make my post greater than ten characters in length.