Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Megathread] Mighty Quest for Epic loot

saw none was up yet. so may aswel start it

https://www.themightyquest.com
    for you that are not aware of this games existence yet The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is a new free-to-play game created by Ubisoft Montreal. If I had to summarize the game I’d call it “Diablo meets Orcs Must Die”,

(gameplay vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUv5vAcIsrs

any other players here? feel free to share your ingame names. start a lil mmo champion group (in the friendzone) and all in all have some awsome funz and gigglez!

not a single person who also plays? ;_; *sulks on a cornor*

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone at work introduced me to this game. I never downloaded it, but I did see that TotalBiscuit had some harsh words for it in a video he released the other day.

Overall it looks interesting, but unfortunately (for me at least) there is a crapton of other stuff to play right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sagajin View Post
    not a single person who also plays? ;_; *sulks on a cornor*
    Once it actually launches and doesn't cost money to get in, I'll play.

The ARPG aspects of the game don't seem to have much depth or requiring much consideration. While the castle building sections seem sorta limited. I suspect based on what I read and seen of the game, that the game is fairly linear in it's play systems. Which is not all that interesting.

I am signed up for the beta. Hopefully I will have hands-on with the game at some point. Though I do this is will likely be something akin to Marvel Heroes; a light, casual play experience.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Once it actually launches and doesn't cost money to get in, I'll play.
    masive amounts of free keys are being given away daily on theyr twitter dont need to spend a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by sagajin View Post
    masive amounts of free keys are being given away daily on theyr twitter dont need to spend a dime.
    I'm bad at the social media thing, especially the Twitters : /

I bought the $10 beta tier thingy and I didn't like it all that much. Also I'm not sure about this, but I couldn't find any way to change classes. Like it seemed like you'd have to make another account to choose another class. Again, I couldn't find out how to switch classes, or any damn info on it itself.

Now since they've gone pay to win(at least on the castle defense part), I won't even bother playing it again until some major changes happen.

(you change your class at the hero trainer for 1000 gold pieces)

Isn't it still in beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Isn't it still in beta?
    yeah, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    yeah, it is.
    Ok, because people were commenting about downloading it. I see a pay for instant access option but since it's supposed to be F2P I can be patient.

Just a heads up, this game went open beta a few days ago.
    http://blog.ubi.com/the-mighty-quest...date-revealed/
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Wasn't terribly interested when I played it earlier in the beta. The runaway class looks cool, but not cool enough to drop 15 bucks on given that I'm not sure if the game has improved or not. I'll wait till she's free (which she supposedly will be) and then give it a second whirl.

Is this the one where you have to pay to actually play the game at an acceptable pace ? Something along the lines of...... 4-12 hours to build one thing but pay a fee and they'll take 5 minutes to an hour.

I've spent some time on the game. In its current state, it definitely has a lot of issues that need to be worked on. Overall, it was a decent casual experience. It's not something that has me hooked, but I may find myself trying it out again after some updates a few months down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    Is this the one where you have to pay to actually play the game at an acceptable pace ? Something along the lines of...... 4-12 hours to build one thing but pay a fee and they'll take 5 minutes to an hour.
    Everything I have crafted has been instant.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    I don't know how far this game goes with microtransactions, but you're probably thinking of the new Dungeon Keeper game, rather than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I don't know how far this game goes with microtransactions, but you're probably thinking of the new Dungeon Keeper game, rather than this.
    Na, this was on Steam Greenlight about 6 months back (though very briefly as it turned out you could enter a free beta direct from the developer) and that was the major complaint I heard about it so I just "switched off" on the idea of it after that. If the micro transactions are removed then this is definitely a game I'll be interested in as I was a huge fan of OMD

It seems it's going to be casual fun