Should I switch to arcane?

Basically my issue is that my guild is progressing on Heroic Animus, a pretty stand still fight for the most part and I'm wondering if I can pull more consistent damage as arcane. When fire is on, it's great, but the RNG is pretty annoying. I haven't really played around at all with arcane this patch, but I've seen several people just absolutely shred with it. Here's my armory. Help?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's not letting me post a link

- - - Updated - - -

But, you can armory Lyrìc-Nordrassil-US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricmage245 View Post
    Basically my issue is that my guild is progressing on Heroic Animus, a pretty stand still fight for the most part and I'm wondering if I can pull more consistent damage as arcane. When fire is on, it's great, but the RNG is pretty annoying. I haven't really played around at all with arcane this patch, but I've seen several people just absolutely shred with it. Here's my armory. Help?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's not letting me post a link

- - - Updated - - -

But, you can armory Lyrìc-Nordrassil-US
    On live they're pretty neck and neck. I play it as a preference to not playing a slot machine for a spec. I do more as arcane than fire, may just be me liking the spec more. So up to you. It's gonna end up pulling the same numbers tho lol.

i dont know really, i dont personally find arcane that awesome on dark animus, there is quite a bit of movement from anima font, that can and will really screw your dps over, fire is not hit nearly as hard...

The problem with arcane is that any movement, even very tiny amounts is heavy penalty to your dps, and you will feel it, every time.

Arcane might give you a bit more dmg on dark animus, but it might aswell reduce your total dmg done.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

I feel like overall I see more and more high end geared mages like myself going arcane, and absolutely smashing meters. Like I said, when fire is on, it's incredible, but it's not as consistent as I'd like it to be. Maybe thinking about going arcane full time.

I feel like overall I see more and more high end geared mages like myself going arcane, and absolutely smashing meters. Like I said, when fire is on, it's incredible, but it's not as consistent as I'd like it to be. Maybe thinking about going arcane full time.
    Arcane is great on animus, the amount of movement required is hardly a penalty to your dps, as for going arcane full time, I would wait til you have killed lei shen at least once before making the full switch, since that fight can be a pain to progress on as arcane (I did my first week and a half of attepts as arc). Fire is much more forgiving for progress, while arcane is relatively simple, it is unforgiving and any mistakes will tank your dps quickly.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with what you feel most comfortable with. Good DPSing is as much about the rhythm of your toon as the spec of the toon. I hope that makes sense.

Animus is a fight where arcane really shines. The way the dots scale with the mastery allows you to destroy the small golems at the beginning and once you put them into the massives and get set up you can do great single target as well. Just make get to a corner away from the majority to minimize front and just set up 2 runes and strafe back and forth between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Animus is one of the rare fights where you can go Mastery+Invocation because you'll be using mostly Nether Tempest, then burning some mana, then evocating back and spamming more Nether Tempest. That's of course if you're concerned with movement that much. Once you practice a bit, you can go back to Rune of Power and save yourself through the aoe stuff with other abilities if necessary.
    My magic will tear you apart.

on Heroic Animus in high ranked guild not need to do this. Just put up rune under you, get some aggro on your mob. And tunnel boss to death =).

What does being a "high ranked" guild have to do with anything? Spriests, locks and Arcane Mages put up some of the best number on this fight. Know why? Multidotting. Dot classes just dot everything down while your single target dps focus on Animus, that is how the fight is done. Unless you are talking about a 10 man zerg, in that case it is not even the same fight so don't offer bad advice.