Poll: What kind of gamer are you?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What kind of gamer are you?

Hi there, i just read an interesting article about gamer types. link Dutch

And i was interested in what kind of gamers you are.

The article discribes 4 types of gamers (mainly ment for MMOs) It is possible to be more types.
    • Killer (sort of griefer, like to kill/harras people, only chats when they call someone a noob, plays purely for being better then the rest)
    • Explorer (wants to see every bit and corner of the game, not rushing to the end, doesnt matter how long it takes the Explorer will get it done)
    • Achiever (wants to get as much points in the games he/she plays as possible, plays games for the full length till its all done, killing things purely to get achievements)
    • Socializer (plays games with a “The game world is just a setting; it's the characters that make it so compelling.” attitude. Like to chat with other people about all things.)

Im a Killer and Explorer. Altho, i dont really grief people or call them noobs all the time, so not a big fan of how they discribed the Killer type. I just like to kill things

What are you?
    Last edited by wickedbastard; 2013-07-18 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explorer and achiever. Sometimes socializer. I'd hate being a killer.

Deleted
    Explorer and achiever. Rarely a socializer. But I DO appreciate it, when maps and areas are full of other players. You know, they liven the things up. But I do not necessarily want to or be forced to interact with them. But I do enjoy to walk around in a buzzing and packed town, full of other people running about doing their business. Or a bit like GW2 did it, with those spontaneous cooperations, like running up to people and combine forces.
    I only tend to socialize with a handful of people, normally 2-5 whom are my main-contacts and ingame pals.

I'm pretty much all of the mentioned to some extent.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Achiever and Explorer here, with a bit of socializer. Never killer, as those people are massive douches and the typical "internet badass". It's why I stay clear of pvp servers (and typically pvp in general).

Explorer and achiever is me. I want to kill the killer

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the gamer that rushes to the end game/speed run type. That would be me I guess. It's probably why I didn't like GW2 that much :/

I'm never a killer. Change Explorer to
    Explorer (wants to see every bit and corner of the game, doesnt matter how long it takes the Explorer will get it done)
    and I would be that and achiever with bi-polar episodes of socializer. Sometimes i'll chat for hours other times i'll pretend to be afk just to avoid everyone.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Mainly killer, I always strive to be the best no matter what. Explorer a bit too, but in the sense that sometimes I just get bored and try to find secrets, eastereggs, references and stuff like that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Eh, neither honestly. I'm a "plays for the story, anything else is secondary".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Eh, neither honestly. I'm a "plays for the story, anything else is secondary".
    I think that falls under the Achiever/Explorer type.

10+ Year Old Account
    killer/explorer.

love exploring and seeing everything, but i kill everyone along the way.
    dragonmaw - EU

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    I think that falls under the Achiever/Explorer type.
    I don't care about either though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more of a explorer and achiever player type. However, sometimes I have this erge mood of logging in just to play pvp when I'm in that mood I just go all out to try to be better than most in pvp either it's 1 vs 1 duel or bgs or arena or even world pvp.

Achiever definetly. was a time in wotlk where i almost had all achievs possible (lacked some of those damn arena achievs). And even thou im a more casual guild now i still look with envy at the top guilds.. (even thou ive been there for years be4 and know the grass isnt much greener on that side :P)

Explorer in some cases. If i play alone im an explorer, if i play in group i become an achiever pushing towards a goal at maxspeed. (I so wish that there were more to explore, in hidden and hard to reach areas (i had some nice time exploring on the isle of thunder be4 all the gates where opend ) Imo flying mounts killed exploring... and yes i am one of those ppl who wich flying were removed from the game. (dont crucify me please)

absolutley not a killer, i never gank any1 more then once unless the person have tried or successfully ganked me. But more often then not i simply ignore an ally even if he stands right next to me.. Not only is it counterproductive to gank but i feel no joy in killing another player either.. i guess im just not a sadistic person (wich is a frighteningly rare trait in wow players..)
    My weakspot whould be afkers/lazy ppl.. if a person joins an isntance then stands afk during the first pull or during a bossfight i immediatly try to get him votekicked, i have no problem boosting ppl who do their best, but boosting lazy ppl sucks :P
    Thou if playing to outpreform other counts as a killer then i guess i have some of it in me.. i always do try to optimize everything i do, i even flask and prepot on fights in lfr if im there on my main lol

Im soemtimes a socialzer, mostly in lfr on my alts, despite the many not so nice ppl ive found that almost all conversations ive had in there actaully made the run more enjoyable. If it ever was a place to just be social and not minding optimizing gameplay its in lfr.

None of the mentioned.

Griefing is stupid and a waste of everyones time.
    I don't really rush through a game but I don't particularly care about exploring everything either.
    Achievements are completely pointless imo.
    I play games because I want to play games, not because I want to socialize.

Deleted
    I'm a combination of explorer and the achiever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't offend people on the chat, but I play purely for the skill challenge. I don't care about exploration, achievements or making online friend, so I voted "killer".

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    [*]Killer (sort of griefer, like to kill/harras people, only chats when they call someone a noob, plays purely for being better then the rest)
    Wouldn't that be the jerk or idiot?

Anyways, somewhere betwwen explorer and achiever here.

None of the above?
    I never grief other players.
    I don't particularly enjoy exploring, neither. If some area is greyed out, I'll go there, but I wouldn't ever go as far as looking under every stone for a chance at finding interesting things.
    Not a socializer neither, not by a long shot.
    I guess I'm somewhat of an achiever, but again, I won't engage in some facegrinding farm just for a silly title or a mount. If getting achievements is not very time consuming, then yes, I do them, but I don't care if I'm not getting them.

Silly poll, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.