Thread: Old player

Deleted

Old player

Hey.

I started playing this game in beta and stopped a long time ago, a few months after launch. I'm wanting to give it another try again, but I can't access my old email account.

Whats changed since then, and is it worthwhile coming back?

Thanks

In my opinion; Yes, it is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, most certainly worth it - I have a link in my sig if you want quite an in depth look at the game now, BUT... that was version 2.0 - we are now on Patch 2.3 and a lot of things have been added - dendrome, strongholds, etc.

I was the same as the OP. Started in beta, quit a couple months after full launch. I got to 50 and felt like there was nothing to do back then except grind dailys and the same old dungeons I'd done while I was leveling.

However I came back recently and am really liking it. Just a word of caution to folks returning. The specs you were used to from way back when may not work any more, so expect to have to relearn how to play your class again somewhat. Also, the difference in HP/strength of old world lvl 50 mobs vs the Storm Legion lvl 50 starting mobs is quite significant. Fortunately the first few quests in the new zones should help you gear up to make it a lot easier fairly quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulseeker1978 View Post
    However I came back recently and am really liking it.
    Another old player here, left RIFT shortly after Storm Legions launch, managed to get level 60 tho before it.

I see that they've turned the game into F2P -model now, so it costs nothing for me to check how the game's nowadays. But I'd like a fast overview of changes between launch of Storm Legion and now. As I'm not raider-type due limited game-time, I've busy life so I can't play during night-time. I'd be more interested in Dungeons, Chronicles and Player versus Player -content.