Thread: Gf disaster!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gf disaster!

You might consider me stupid as fuck. Yet... I have literally noone who can help me.

Long story short. I'm with this girl for 2,5 years now. She seemed great at first few months of the relationship. Then she turned out to be entirely different person. She is quite silent, introvert, total opposite of what I loved about her during those "true" first months.

Dunno what happened... Maybee I got used to it... We lived togathered and I really loved her...

Now things are getting out of control. She is too obsesive with me. She wants to spend 24/h togather. She does not accept that I'm runing my own YouTube channel and live streams, which according to her is a waste of time since we could have spend it (the time) togather. (Not to mention I'm actually earning pretty good amount of money from both partnerships) which in one way or another I'm spending on her as well...

Every frekain time I'm doing something, she ain't happy about it. In order to somehow disable her enrage... I'm trying to do everything as she wants (which works most of the time). Yet... If I spend 30 minutes more over a freakin game... She stays literally silent for the rest of the day just to text me later ( that I'm not giving her enough attention) – did I mention that I've spend a wonderful weekend with her?

Now... She pretends that I'm the one to be blamed for the problems in relationship. Ofc that I can't understand her blabla... blabla... I have to reconsider everything... blabla...

Now here is the thing:

Explaining her that we both still lead our own lives. That we need time for ourselves, time to reflect, time to think – isn't goin to help

She thinks that if there is a problem it needs to be solved right away (If I really care about her)
    Yet... She left without a word after the weekend (bcuz I've spend 30 minutes more on my PC)

now... WHAT THE FUCK am I supossed to do...

She is a freakin pimple in my brain... She hurts so freakin bad... and I'm considering to dump her... As she considers to dum me... however 2,5 year is a fuckload of time...

yea I'm asking you for an advice since nobody will help me with this...
    -parents are always on her side
    -friends don't really care
    So hey why not asking people who might have more experience than me when it comes to such situations?

2.5 years is a long time yes, but sometimes people just grow apart. If you guys cannot even talk and you are both considering breaking up with the other, it will probably be best to amicably part ways.

Best to leave each other now and remember the good times of the 2.5 years, then to force stay together for another year and hate every part of it.

Deleted
    IF what you say is true and she freaks out when you spend 1 - 2 hours a night on games then i'd say you guys just are not compatable (unless ur willing to give up a large chunck of gaming).

Obviously i speak to her first about it but if she won't accept you need some time by yourself then don't bother with her IMO.

Been with my Girl for 6 3/4 years now so speaking from experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    .now... WHAT THE FUCK am I supossed to do...
    As long as you don't have kids, move on. There's no reason to spend extended miserable stretches with someone.

Deleted
    Clingy person. How annoying.

But seriously, is it me or there are twice as many relationship threads on the front page compared to a month ago?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post

But seriously, is it me or there are twice as many relationship threads on the front page compared to a month ago?
    Unfortunately yes.... Agony Aunt-Champion...

Deleted
    Im also a girl and I can assure you - not all women are like that...
    What should you do? Well I would just talk to her. Tell her how do you feel, tell her that you love her (if you do ofc!) but being in a relationship DOESN'T mean you have to spend all the time together! Maybe explain her that you respect her hobbies (if she has any) and you don't mind when she spend time doing something she likes alone.

If that doesn't work, I think the only way would be to break up. Its a hard decision but tbh in a good relationship you wouldnt even think about.
    I'm 6.5 years with my man (3 days ago we got married ) and I never thought I have to dump him cause we ALWAYS solve every problem by talking about it. That's what respecting each other is about
    Hope it helps, cause Im sure you deserve someone perfect for you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sells View Post
    Best to leave each other now and remember the good times of the 2.5 years, then to force stay together for another year and hate every part of it.
    It's funny and unbearable at the same time... since few hours ago everything was perfectly fine...
    Simple sentence "I love you" meant something... and now... WTF?

Deleted
    Add her to your youtube channel, let the internet see how amazing / crazy she is.

She thinks you don't spend time with her, so get her to join you in what you do! That way you can both enjoy each others company until one of you gets bored and leaves.

Your GF probably has a very different picture of her desired relationship than you. And it's not like any of you is right or wrong per se, it looks more like you're not very compatible in a way, however she can't really blame you and you can't really blame her for that, it is just something you both have to accept. The question is, do you want to resolve it (which means that one of you must change and is therefore pressed into a life that he / she might not be happy with), or do you want to quit?

Honestly if you just can't fullheartedly commit yourself to a relationship and partner it is probably better to end it. 2.5 years might seem much to you since you don't have any other perspective, but there are people that break apart after much longer times and this is where the whole thing gets really ugly. If you're positive that there is no harmonic future for you two then getting away with a blue eye after just a few years is probably better than going past point of no return - for both of you. In a few years you probably won't even look back on that anymore, but if you just keep going too long god knows in what hell of a life you'll end. She might be right in that point, better be decisive now.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-07-23 at 01:45 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Add her to your youtube channel, let the internet see how amazing / crazy she is.

She thinks you don't spend time with her, so get her to join you in what you do! That way you can both enjoy each others company until one of you gets bored and leaves.
    hahahaha did you really think I haven;t tried it :P?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    hahahaha did you really think I haven;t tried it :P?
    Hmm, Try and feel some joy in knowing someone wants you more then anything, give her a baby, should keep her busy, pretty sure you can pick em up pretty cheap these days!

Sounds like you two are simply not compatible. Talk it over with her, and try to come to a mutual agreement.
    Failing that, the two of you are better off finding your own ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post

We need a relationship advice subforum I think.

You are the only one who knows the answer, nothing really we can say here will be that much help to you.

You know what the problem is theres no easy fix. My god if there was we'd all be doing that and living blissfully happy lives! :P

Still if you really want to make it work try but if you are miserable and you've already tried damn hard then its best to call it a day.

2.5 years is not a long time compared to how many years you're going to live and meet other people who you will potentially be more compatible with. If you can, talk to her and give her a chance. Explain how you feel and really try to get through to her that she's being way too clingy. If it doesn't work and the behavior continues, move on. It's not worth the headache if she won't even hear you out.

Deleted
    This sounds exactly of my first relationship.. Dumb her now, right now before it is too late - but you probably won't get her out of your life in the second you dumb her. She knows how to manipulate you, knows alot about you and your feelings. It will take you more than 3 months to get her out of your life if you start now.

Deleted
    Don't waste your time, just dump her. There's plenty of fish in the sea my friend.

Some girls will intentionally or unintentionally 'test the waters' to see how much they can control and/or get away with. You also might be over thinking things and/or looking at simple things in a negative light. It will only get worse if you say nothing and try to work it out by yourself. Breaking up might be the answer, but shouldn't be the first answer.

You need to discuss your feelings and her feelings about these issues with her. At the moment, from the sounds of the way you posted, if you're not getting your way, she's getting her way. This is not a good way to feel. It makes you oblivious to her feelings behind actions and instead is making you feel 'controlled' or what not. Some of it may be her, all of it may be her, it also might be you.

Meet her half way, ask her to meet you half way. If either of you are too stubborn to at least communicate with each other about the issue then its game over man, you can't be in that relationship, it will eat you alive.

Finally, a tip from a male perspective. Girls need alone time. Coordinate your alone time with her alone time, we all need some. Don't play a fucking video game when she wants to be with you. That's not love mate