Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Timeless isle thread!

I thought i would make a thread that we could throw all timeless isle stuff into. My pc is too bad to record anything so feel free to add videos or screenshots.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this rare at the Timeless Isle when I was at it earlier; "Evermaw".

http://i.imgur.com/DZwQcEf.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't discovered anything other then the world bosses on the island that cool. If they dont add something fun, or some kind of dynamic events at least like the caravans, then i fear the isle will be a dud. The timeless coins seem like they are pointless to a point. I found some chests that can contain 496 gear, that cost 500 coins to open. Also found a vender that sells perky pug outfits for timeless coins. Its fine and all, but they hyped this to be like barrens but on steroids, and so far i had more fun with the barrens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I haven't discovered anything other then the world bosses on the island that cool. If they dont add something fun, or some kind of dynamic events at least like the caravans, then i fear the isle will be a dud. The timeless coins seem like they are pointless to a point. I found some chests that can contain 496 gear, that cost 500 coins to open. Also found a vender that sells perky pug outfits for timeless coins. Its fine and all, but they hyped this to be like barrens but on steroids, and so far i had more fun with the barrens.
    You realise the Island is filled with it elites and events right? literally filled with them, you dont need a freaking quest to do everything in the game, is the same shit that some of you people have been complaning about for months now. Saying that Barrens has more is nothing less than ridicoulous sorry, specially when this place also provides better gear for alts. This place is completely dynamic, you just need to actually explore and do things that'd you like to do instead of watching your quest log every 10 seconds. Which apperantly was a big deal to the community for some reason.

Anyway, So far i've fought about 2 elites, and I LOVE how challenging and engageing they are. Some of them could even require you to get some friends help. Something that the game has been missing for a while on outdoor content. Also, The place is pretty damn big, not even counting all the little caves and hidden places that ive yet to find. Will try to post them later.

There's a nice cave off the coast (southern coast if im positioning this correct in my mind) that is underwater and houses some ghosts in it. Even a ghost fire, which is too spooky to understand

It wouldn't be hard to have more than the Barrens event... I mean I thought the intro quest chains and lore was good but beyond that it was simply farming resources. I mean, the dynamic events made the farming better than some other farming but still. It wasn't as cool as say, the 5.1 Dominance Offensive/Lion's Landing rep grinds and their progressive unlocking of major lore. It'd be nice if they did something like that again, they can keep the open questless dynamic event thing but also include a progressive unlock of lore, or an unlock of the area like Isle of Thunder (which was also a cool place).

But it sounds like TI is more open-ended, like IoT minus the dailies. Which could work as well, I guess I'll wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    What events? I explored for about an hour, and all there is is groups of mobs that drops coins and an occasional purple for an alt. The rewards suck for people without alts, and i was thinking there would be stuff like events in rift or guild wars 2. There should at least be an indicator that an event is nearby.

It's great stuff, but I feel like I could do it all in one day and never return unless its for world bosses. it feels just as grindy as dailies, but nothing to keep you coming back daily.

496 gear? no one will care about that next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    496 gear? no one will care about that next tier.
    Its just good enough to get you into siege lfr i believe. I may do it on alts, but it could have been so much more. I was wanting it to be like Ember Isle in Rift.

no quests, means almost no lore.

looks like this is going to end up like 5.3 where theres almost no content for me at all.

if they dont go back to daily hubs or find a way to give me story content through these events i will probably just unsub shortly after 5.4 until the next expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I feel its bugged out atm, but I love the idea of it and I belive its a prototype for how a more dynamic dailyhub is going to look in 6.0! :>

also the perky pug stuff seems okay. but shouldnt there be stuff for other pets?

having a bunch of stuff for only one pet seems a bit weird, i know crithto loves the pet but spread the love around a little
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So found bunch treasure chests. Got wings and had to float down from platform to platform of treasure chests. Found a daily quest that all you had to was answer a WoW lore question for 100 timeless coins.

Isn't this the first iteration of it on the PTR? I would suspect this isn't anywhere near done. When Battlefield: Barrens went onto the PTR it didn't have all of its functionality and that seemed much smaller scale than what we are dealing with on Timeless Island. I don't know if there are more people PTRing for 5.4 then ever before but it really feels like people don't get it. You are beta testing. Relax. Almost makes me wish the PTR was closed.

There's not much there at the moment except a bunch of mobs that hit for 300k and the world bosses. I hope there's more added later on. The currency on the island only buys 497 gear so there's not much point to get it for anyone that raids. I guess there will be pet battles, but that's not up at the moment.

And the fucking spikes are really annoying.

Deleted
    There is a rock that you can click on that throws you up in the air with wings and you have 1minute to glide to as many boxes and possible and open them. I got so excited when I unexpectedly clicked on it and that happened. If you've ever played Spyro you're going to love this! I'll try and maybe add a screenshot when I'm next on the PTR.

You realise the Island is filled with it elites and events right? literally filled with them, you dont need a freaking quest to do everything in the game, is the same shit that some of you people have been complaning about for months now. Saying that Barrens has more is nothing less than ridicoulous sorry, specially when this place also provides better gear for alts. This place is completely dynamic, you just need to actually explore and do things that'd you like to do instead of watching your quest log every 10 seconds. Which apperantly was a big deal to the community for some reason.

Anyway, So far i've fought about 2 elites, and I LOVE how challenging and engageing they are. Some of them could even require you to get some friends help. Something that the game has been missing for a while on outdoor content. Also, The place is pretty damn big, not even counting all the little caves and hidden places that ive yet to find. Will try to post them later.
    You give me a reason to not unsub
    Happy yo hear that.

Any more reports of Rares perhaps besides Evermaw?