Budget Gaming - New Parts with Existing Setup

Hi, new to the forum! First off, a little background:

My friend has always been a gamer, or more accurately, a console gamer. I recently convinced him to switch to PC gaming after he saw the Steam Summer sale and the prices for full fledged games at a fraction of what console players pay. He finally took the leap and moved out on his own into an apartment, and as a little gift for his new move, I built him a computer using my old computer parts.

They include:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    2.75gb DDR2 Memory
    An Old motherboard I had lying around
    Two 80gb hard drives

I believe the Dual core 3.2GHz Processor would be more than adequate for his gaming needs and the ATI Radeon 5700 is plenty powerful enough, as I only recently got rid of it (7-8 months ago) and it was running most games at a super nice frame rate.

However, the DDR2 Memory, motherboard, and the hard drives have got to go. The hard drives will be replaced afterwards, as the lack of memory is holding him back tremendously.

Here's where I need help. I need to find a motherboard that could get him DDR3 memory, both at a reasonable price.

So requirements:

DDR3 Memory made for gaming (budget)
    Motherboard to support the New memory + HD 5700
    Looking for a price tag that's as low as possible (Around $150 mark)

I appreciate any and all help in my quest to giving the gift of game!

Deleted
    You're not going to get much at all, really Here's the Pentium (Ivy Bridge) build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G2020 2.9GHz Dual-Core Processor ($56.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: MSI B75A-G43 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $161.96
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-19 08:24 EDT-0400)

It'll be mediocre at best, though.

I take it the new motherboard won't support his current processor then? If that's the case, then I think we can up the amount to $200-250 range to give some more wiggle room. I appreciate your help tenangrychickens!

Honestly I'd just tell him to try and save up more money and buy a proper rig, there is no point wasting money on obsolete technology.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno