Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Doctor said it was the fan.
    You should probably get a second opinion. Unless you have a fan that can apply like 100lbs of pressure onto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Doctor said it was the fan.
    But was it because someone hit you in the heck with the fan? That's the only way that makes sense to me.

By the way, frozen bottle of water idea + fan = gold. +1

If your room is warm, the last thing you want to do is add moisture (humidity). That's a bad thing for your PC and your well being. Unless you can afford AC, the best thing to do is leave your windows open a few inches and leave the shades down. Don't run a fan in your room because it will just blow air around and trap the heat. My room faces east too, and the morning sun just bakes my room until about noonish. I just do what I suggested above (crack my windows and keep the blinds down) and it keeps my room tolerable all day. I've tried running fans and it just makes it hotter.

At night, when the temperature drops, you can run a box fan in your window pointing inward to draw in the cool air, and then close your shades/window when you get up in the morning.

Also, make sure you keep your computer cleaned out, dust build up can increase the temp all by itself. Don't take the side off your PC, it needs air flow to keep the components operating at their intended temperature.

One easy way that costs you nothing is to open up windows/balcony doors/doors on both sides of the house/appartment. Thats what we do, we have to secure the kitchen and bedroom door though since when the wind picks up and you get a bit heavier wind gusts they are slamming closed. It's also a good idea to make sure you don't have anything that can blow down(vases for example). We had a vase with dried lavender flowers blow down yesterday.

It gives you a nice soft breeze most of the time.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-07-19 at 12:49 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

The second I enter my flat I remove all clothes expect my boxers, grab an ice water, open all windows and turn on PC.

If it's still too hot; remove pants.

edit: Or, as people have said above, do this: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Easy-...-Water-Bottles
    Last edited by Navitas; 2013-07-19 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    One easy way that costs you nothing is to open up windows/balcony doors/doors on both sides of the house/appartment...
    Most flats where I am only face the outside on one wall. Very difficult to get proper airflow.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
    But was it because someone hit you in the heck with the fan? That's the only way that makes sense to me.
    Damn it doesn't make sense to you

Deleted
    Just get air conditioning. And if you're going to use a fan, put it near the window so it blows cooler air in instead of just circulating warm air in the room.

Imagine life before AC or fans. Somehow we managed to survived for millions of years!

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Just get air conditioning. And if you're going to use a fan, put it near the window so it blows cooler air in instead of just circulating warm air in the room.
    But it's 78 F in my place and 90 F outside.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by You can call me V View Post
    Imagine life before AC or fans. Somehow we managed to survived for millions of years!
    Humans have been around for millions of years? Cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by james tiberius kirk View Post
    humans have been around for millions of years? Cool story.
    billions! Trillions!

Quote Originally Posted by You can call me V View Post
    billions! Trillions!
    Oh, man, the stories my uncle used to tell about escaping from velociraptors. You think they had AC in that jungle? NO, you just wrapped yourself in banana leafs and hid.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Most flats where I am only face the outside on one wall. Very difficult to get proper airflow.
    Yeah that is a problem of course hehe, most flats around here got windows facing at least 2 sides.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Oh, man, the stories my uncle used to tell about escaping from velociraptors. You think they had AC in that jungle? NO, you just wrapped yourself in banana leafs and hid.
    Clever girl.

He's safe as long as they don't figure out how to open doors.

yea, i live in Belgium too, and my room can be upto 34° . We use an electric air-dehumidifier (luchtontvochtiger ;-) ), which usualy brings the humidiy in the room down from almost 80% to around 50%. U can breathe much more easily that way, and we sleep better, altho still not as well as we'd like. But it gets us through the night ALOT better than without!

Uh get AC.... It's been 35-45 here most of the summer and it'd be death without an AC.

Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    yea, i live in Belgium too, and my room can be upto 34° . We use an electric air-dehumidifier (luchtontvochtiger ;-) ), which usualy brings the humidiy in the room down from almost 80% to around 50%. U can breathe much more easily that way, and we sleep better, altho still not as well as we'd like. But it gets us through the night ALOT better than without!
    De-humidifiers also work as space heaters. So you're heating the room as you take the moisture out.

But yes... dry heat is much better than wet heat.

De-humidifiers also work as space heaters. So you're heating the room as you take the moisture out.

But yes... dry heat is much better than wet heat.
    well it doesnt feel warmer anyway, even if it is the case. I rather have 30° dry heat than 25° moist heat. My solution is not perfect ofc, but it works well for us and it's cheap and easy

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    I didnt made it up

Guess google and my mother tricked me
    Eating poop is good for you
    Vampires really exist.
    Potatoes cure cancer.

Googling something and then taking the first result that confirms what you believe is easy. But my advice would be: Don't eat shit, vampires don't exist, and potatoes don't cure cancer.

And even though urine cures everything, there's no substitute for critical thinking.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-07-19 at 03:02 PM.