Deleted

Question [MW] Chi Brew + Mana Tea

Do what are you saying about those recent changes to MW spec?

Chi Brew now restores 2 Chi, has a 45-second cooldown (down from 1.5 minutes), and generate stacks of Brew/Teas based on the Monk's specialization.
    IMHO Chi Brew seems very interesting, it won't be as strong as of now where you could preReM whole raid (I am 10 man raider) and then use 4 Uplifts in a row - mighty strong.

Mana Tea now restores 2% of maximum mana per stack (down from 4%).
    I was thinking about going a little bit more mastery in 5.4 (due to 2pT16) but now it seems we are forced to have more mana-regen stats...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    then use 4 Uplifts in a row - mighty strong.
    I can't really think of many times I've needed 4 uplifts in a row on the same people to top them, perhaps Tortos. 3 is more than enough tbh and now I get to use it more frequently, every Megaera Rampage, more Dark animus jolts, every time Lei Shen moves from a platform etc.

Deleted
    @Talimonk: Well there are more uses of 4 Uplifts, but you are right, 3 is enough.

I don't think the mana tea nerf is very important tbh. Usually i'm swimming in mana, and the sprit from gear will be enough. Just have to be more careful

Quote Originally Posted by zubery View Post
    I don't think the mana tea nerf is very important tbh. Usually i'm swimming in mana, and the sprit from gear will be enough. Just have to be more careful
    This. Spirit from gear will be more than enough. Also there are very few leather items without spirit (there are only pieces which share with tier) so we'll be finding spirit a lot easier than now.

I don't think the mana tea nerf is very important tbh.
    This is the very thinking that will get this nerf to go live.
    You cannot simply judge this by saying "Oh, it's only a 2% mana nerf. Nothing too major."

This "small, simple" nerf completely destroys the way Mistweavers heal. It drastically lowers our output, as we have been balanced around having this ability.

Check the MW sticky and read Reglitch's posts on the subject. He's able to clearly show how crippling this nerf really is to us.

The reason for nerfing our regen is justified, but they need to buff us elsewhere to compensate a bit. The issue really seems to be the pure amount of haste we are able to achieve now and especially in T16 gear -- it's just getting way out of hand. Unfortunately if this is all they change, it puts us in a rather weak spot compared to where druids sit, so hopefully they will do another pass to re-balance us out a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for the people that only have like 6k spirit and instead stacked crit to gain more mana tea this will hurt them the most :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I feel sorry for the people that only have like 6k spirit and instead stacked crit to gain more mana tea this will hurt them the most :S
    You feel sorry for people who optimized their class properly? What

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    You feel sorry for people who optimized their class properly? What
    exactly, they tried to play their best and blizzard changed something out of the players control to make that play style drastically worse. They got screwed over because they tried harder than other people, that doesn't seem right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    exactly, they tried to play their best and blizzard changed something out of the players control to make that play style drastically worse. They got screwed over because they tried harder than other people, that doesn't seem right to me.
    Doing what you're supposed to be doing isn't "trying harder". It's just "trying".

It's not like we were cheating by having so little spirit. We were balanced around have so little spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean that we pretty much have to take Chi Brew for the free Mana Teas?

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Doing what you're supposed to be doing isn't "trying harder". It's just "trying".

It's not like we were cheating by having so little spirit. We were balanced around have so little spirit.
    I wouldn't say we are BALANCED around having so little spirit. It's just sort of an unintended byproduct of our efficiency, the amount of spells that are "Free" healing, and the fact that the Legendary plays so nicely with our mechanics (being on GCD). It is pretty unfair that the next closest spirit is a Priest or Druid at 10-12k spirit - we shouldn't be at HALF the spirit of the next healer, but we do need to be compensated elsewhere to remain competitive.

I was concerned about our spirit values pre-legendary/horridon trinket, so it doesn't surprise me at all that they are trying to bandage the effects until the expac -- I'd expect some significant changes at that point.

Meanwhile, mindbender buff + reduced trinket = 50% uptime. They want to fix mistweaver regen but are doing the exact same mistake with Disc Priest regen this patch.
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2013-07-19 at 12:57 PM.

As long as muscle memory still restores 4% of our mana i think the mana tea nerf wont have much effect. Im getting my legendary meta next week but from what Ive read its the jab- tp - jab - tp wen the meta procs that makes us able to reforge all our spirit down. Also I can imagine the levels of crit we can reach in the next patch will be very high so thats more mana tea procs from that. I dont think we will have much problem next patch if thats the only nerf tbh. Another thing, from gear in soo we will passively gain alot more spirit which cant be reforged away so with the increase in spirit we should still be able to last a fight without running out of mana
    As with the chi brew change, Ive never needed to cast so many uplifts in a row except on tortos hc. So the shorter cooldown will just give us more situations to use it and probably be more useful than it was. Also it regens 2 mana tea now, instead of i think 3 in the last ptr patch note. So other the same time it will give us 1 extra mana tea. Shouldnt be that bad
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-07-19 at 01:05 PM.