10+ Year Old Account

Demo opener with UVLS

What is a good opener for demonology with UVLS?

Currently using Sacrifice as a talent, aswell.

I tried prepot soulfiring, but my UVLS would proc before I could get off two gul'dans and would miss swapping into demo to double doom.

Any advice would be great!

you should have enough fury to not soulfire, as that will proc your UVLS, you should have enough time to curse of elements, dot corruption, then HoG before your trinks proc, with enough fury to double doom at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently now I am doing this:

Prepot, Dark Soul, Imp Swarm, HoG, Corruption, HoG, Metamorphosis, Doom, Doom, ToC spam.

But what this does is causes me to run out of fury with 6-8 seconds left on Dark Soul.

Sparkuggz made a great vid about demo-opener

He also added makros for opener both sac and serv. grimore-playstyle in the description, if you feel unsafe to do it urself
    Last edited by Violetti; 2013-07-19 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    Sparkuggz made a great vid about demo-opener

He also added makros for opener both sac and serv. grimore-playstyle in the description, if you feel unsafe to do it urself
    I am trying this and still running out of fury with 5-8 seconds left on Dark Soul. Unless this is just a usual thing, it seems wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    I am trying this and still running out of fury with 5-8 seconds left on Dark Soul. Unless this is just a usual thing, it seems wrong.
    Do you have the 2-piece tier bonus?

10+ Year Old Account
    its not that big of a deal to run out of fury with a couple seconds left...i usually pop everything go into meta apply my doom cast 2 soul fire's then drop out and build fury for meta weaving cuz i found if i burn all my fury in the opener i have little to no fury for meta weaving i usually try to hover around 300-400 fury and if dark soul is about to come off cool down ill stack fury and MC stacks to burn them all with DS up while in meta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    Do you have the 2-piece tier bonus?
    Yes, I have been playing around with my opener a bit and am running out of fury around 3 seconds left on Dark Soul now, not as bad I guess. Still bursting up to 350kish on the single training dummy in SW.

Deleted
    Because you're using sac. Service generates fury as does your regular pet.

Another popular version I've heard is:

HoG-Corruption-DS/Imps/Gloves/Service-HoG-Doom-Doom

Because of the delay on the damage of HoG and Corruption the timing should work out fairly well. It's the same as his second macro (the sans-DG one) but I find it works out a bit better to use that, and then cast DG afer if you're going to use it on the pull, but most of the time you'll want to wait until sub 20%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Because you're using sac. Service generates fury as does your regular pet.
    yes i am using sac, it is an increase in dps on majority of bosses in tot. was seeing if i was just doing my opener wrong but i seem to just realize you run out unless you hit multiple targets with hog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, i'm using the following opening:

Curse of Elements (If needed)
    Grimoire: Felguard
    Hand of Gul'Dan
    Corruption + Felstorm/Wrathstorm
    Hand of Gul'Dan
    Dark Soul + racials/synapse strings
    Imps
    Meta
    Doom
    Doom
    Touch of Chaos

If the first 2 doom's weren't applied with UVoLS, and it procs, i re-apply. Just make sure you don't fall out of form until Dark Soul has ended. Don't even bother using Soulfire with Dark soul up, just spam Touch of Chaos.

Also, no, sac is not a DPS increase. The only time Sac is a DPS increase for Demo is when your pet can't attack. Ever. Which happens on...none of the ToT bosses.

Either go Service or Supremacy.
    Last edited by Killora; 2013-07-21 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    yes i am using sac, it is an increase in dps on majority of bosses in tot. was seeing if i was just doing my opener wrong but i seem to just realize you run out unless you hit multiple targets with hog.
    I think you misunderstood the tone of my post. I wasn't calling you out for using Sac, I actually use it myself sometimes with a heavy haste set up purely because I enjoy the play style a lot more. I was just stating that if you don't use service you will not be able to sustain a full opener in meta, as the additional fury your pet + his duplicate generate on the pull is very much needed to chain those soul fires back to back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post

Also, no, sac is not a DPS increase. The only time Sac is a DPS increase for Demo is when your pet can't attack. Ever. Which happens on...none of the ToT bosses.

Either go Service or Supremacy.
    Sac is fantastic on any fights where you can roll multiple crit dooms or like you said, pets aren't favourable. I play it on Horridon, Council and Ji-Kun, and once we get to it, will play it on Dark Animus.

That's 4 out of 11 fights where I'll play demo, so you can't say it is never a viable option or never a dps increase, because it is on some fights.

In the end though both play styles are very close.

Watch some of the PTR boss videos in Sparkuggz channel, you will see he goes out of fury before Dark Soul ends with Sacrifice too.
    I would say you're not really doing it wrong. I'm playing Service for most of the fights, mostly because of more reliable burst.
    Also my opener for 95% of the situations is:

Pre Pot
    CoE with Petattack
    Grimoire of Service
    Corruption
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Lifeblood and Berserking
    Wild Imps
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Dark Soul and Synapse Springs
    Metamorphosis
    Doom
    Another Doom if UVLS is up (you don't want to waste another GCD without the 100% Crit)
    Touch of Chaos / Soul Fire with Molten Core

Manage your fury so you will reach about 0 excactly when Dark Soul ends.

Try to avoid having Metamorphosis on CD, if UVLS proccs and you can't pop Meta it's a huge loss.

Also make a macro to apply Doom faster if you get the procc:

/stopcasting
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cast Corruption
    Last edited by Dotzar; 2013-07-21 at 11:43 AM.

I play it on Horridon (if I am not affi), Council, Ji-Kun, and Dark Animus, and I would contemplate it on qon if I could confirm my dots still exist after he changes from mount/unmounted forms - but that is about it. Are you over the 14.8kish point?

I love the playstyle of it, but I can't see it beating out singletarget or low UVLS Doom fights (like magaera).

Pre Pot
    HoG
    Corruption
    HoG(Shift into meta after used)
    Imps(If meta has proced)
    Cds
    Doom
    ToC(Procs uvls)
    Doom
    SF(With Procs)/ToC

Wonder what we'll do when we lose 2pc bonus during our opener :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Wonder what we'll do when we lose 2pc bonus during our opener :P
    We will get drunk on the bottled tears of mages we have collected over the last 9 years. And we will be sad drunks.

Demo will lose a little bit off its opener since we can't be carried by a 2 minute auto crit doom and the army of imps it generated. Losing EA glyph changes the damage dynamic in that the emphasis is back on the lock not a bunch of imps you can't really control. This presumes damage is balanced of course but at some point we are going to step away from UVLS and when we do odds are demo will be more about DF spending during buffs than reacting to a 4 sec proc which can happen randomly. Thus you are going to be in/out of demo based on procs moreso than just waiting on the holy grail proc to happen which fuels a passive damage increase.

I'd expect us to keep 2pc heroic T15 for awhile, at least for demo. Aff and destro (if its ever a viable spec again) will probably want their 4pcT16 asap.